Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Doc and Fozzy get two match ban

It appears our indiscipline at coventry has resulted in two-match bans for both Darel Russell and Gary Doherty

and a £5,000 fine for the Canaries.According to Waggers: http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2909

The rulebook states: "Players dismissed from the field of play for a second time (Russell)

or who have previously been suspended under the Standard Directions set

out in Schedule A of these regulations in the same season (Doherty) in

addition to the automatic suspension applicable to the offence, will be

suspended for one extra match."

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It just gets better and better doesn''t it?[/quote]

At least now people may appreciate what Doc adds to the back line. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]It just gets better and better doesn''t it?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, right. There''s more chance of only one Premier League side making the semi-finals of the FA Cup...

Oh and CJF, it isn''t Fozzy who is banned [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

Yeah, right. There''s more chance of only one Premier League side making the semi-finals of the FA Cup...

Oh and CJF, it isn''t Fozzy who is banned [;)]

[/quote]Too many drinks last night seem to have affected my performance!

[/quote] It must be indiscipline, to add to his inability to head the ball forward, and a degree in hoofing the ball.  I am looking forward to the pairing of Pearce and Shackell against Stoke. 

[/quote]

Or how much tighter it is without him![;)]

Or how much tighter it is without him!Wink [;)]

Or how much more possession we have, or how many more shots we are able to take. Both of those increased after he went off Saturday. I''m only disappointed Eeyore Donkerty doesn''t get the 3 match ban like for a straight red card.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]Good job we go the loans in then, otherwise are squad would have been paper thin.[/quote]

is that the loans that cant all be named in the match day squad?

we have shot ourselves in the foot BIG time!

jas :)

Come on Nutty Nigel lets be havin you,  what have you got to say now about your top defender?  It also appears that I am not the only poster on this site that doesn''t share your opinion that Doherty is our best defender.  He is certainly our top defender for red cards.  I can see Luton putting a cheeky bid in to lure him away in the summer.

One day a wizard''s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the wizard tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was useless, and the well needed to be covered up anyway. It just wasn''t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his friends to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.
At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone''s amazement he quietened down. A few shovel loads later, the wizard finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the wizard''s pals continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off, kicking the silver fox all the way to the east side as he went!

Fear not…. The Doc will be back! [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

One day a wizard''s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the wizard tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was useless, and the well needed to be covered up anyway. It just wasn''t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his friends to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.
At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone''s amazement he quietened down. A few shovel loads later, the wizard finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the wizard''s pals continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off, kicking the silver fox all the way to the east side as he went!

Fear not…. The Doc will be back! [;)]

[/quote]

Clever one that nutty, made me smile, well done.[Y]

The donkey then went to Carrow Road and sh!t all over the place.

THE END!

I like this ending more than Doherty will be back.  At least this one''s funny. They both are tragic, though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

One day a wizard''s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the wizard tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was useless, and the well needed to be covered up anyway. It just wasn''t worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his friends to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone''s amazement he quietened down. A few shovel loads later, the wizard finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the wizard''s pals continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off, kicking the silver fox all the way to the east side as he went!

Fear not…. The Doc will be back! [;)]  [/quote]

Unfortunately it is the Doc''s ability to keep kicking opponents that has seen him banned for the second time this season.  I can see how you would think this makes him our best defender, but personally I feel it just leaves his colleagues with even more work to do.  I am sure the Doc will be back and hopefully playing for his beloved Luton Town.  I hope you are going tonight Nutty as you may well get a chance to see two decent central defenders playing in our defence.

[quote user="silver fox"]

Unfortunately it is the Doc''s ability to keep kicking opponents that has seen him banned for the second time this season.  I can see how you would think this makes him our best defender, but personally I feel it just leaves his colleagues with even more work to do.  I am sure the Doc will be back and hopefully playing for his beloved Luton Town.  I hope you are going tonight Nutty as you may well get a chance to see two decent central defenders playing in our defence.

[/quote]

Unfortunately I am unable to go tonight Silver Fox. I have to miss tonight, and Saturday. But I''m looking on the bright side because it will give me the chance to watch it on the wireless and judge the players on goal highlights. I''m sure I will feel more at home on here tomorrow [;)] If I was there tonight I would look forward to seeing whatever side the manager picked. I tend to get behind all the players who play for our club.

It will be interesting to see whether Doc gets another contract this summer. If he is ditched I will wish him well and hope he finds a club where the fans appreciate him. I will also start a thread on here stating that Roeder agrees with you that he is not good enough. If he signs a new contract will you start a thread saying you still know best and 3 successive Norwich managers offer contracts to donkeys??

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately I am unable to go tonight Silver Fox. I have to miss tonight, and Saturday. But I''m looking on the bright side because it will give me the chance to watch it on the wireless and judge the players on goal highlights. I''m sure I will feel more at home on here tomorrow [;)] If I was there tonight I would look forward to seeing whatever side the manager picked. I tend to get behind all the players who play for our club.  I will be getting behind whatever players the manager picks tonight, but probably like most supporters I do get frustrated when they consistently perform badly.  I will let you know tomorrow how our central defenders get on against Stoke.

It will be interesting to see whether Doc gets another contract this summer. If he is ditched I will wish him well and hope he finds a club where the fans appreciate him.  I think he is appreciated here by a large number of fans, in fact the ''Posh Canaries'' are considering him for Player of the Season.  There is no doubt that he has improved under Glen Roeder.  I will also start a thread on here stating that Roeder agrees with you that he is not good enough. I think you will find that there are several who don''t think he is good enough.  I don''t think there are many like you who think he is our best defender.  If he signs a new contract will you start a thread saying you still know best and 3 successive Norwich managers offer contracts to donkeys??  Whether he signs a new contract or not will not change my personal opinion that he is not good enough if we are looking to get into the Premiership.  You might be surprised to know that I applaud all our players when they are doing well, including Doherty, and I have never booed any player.

Finally,  I may have mentioned Doherty as being slow and sometimes a liability, but I have never referred to him as a donkey.

[/quote]

The Doc is twice the defender Shackell is! Thing is the Doc just seems to be unlucky, if he brings someone down edge of the area, they alway score from the resulting free kick, where as Shackell does it just as often, but they hit the free kicks high and wide, and the Doc is always there to bail out Shackell when Shackell makes mistakes, i`d much rather we kept Doc and Sold Shaky Shackell!

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Unfortunately I am unable to go tonight Silver Fox. I have to miss tonight, and Saturday. But I''m looking on the bright side because it will give me the chance to watch it on the wireless and judge the players on goal highlights. I''m sure I will feel more at home on here tomorrow [;)] If I was there tonight I would look forward to seeing whatever side the manager picked. I tend to get behind all the players who play for our club.  I will be getting behind whatever players the manager picks tonight, but probably like most supporters I do get frustrated when they consistently perform badly.  I will let you know tomorrow how our central defenders get on against Stoke.

It will be interesting to see whether Doc gets another contract this summer. If he is ditched I will wish him well and hope he finds a club where the fans appreciate him.  I think he is appreciated here by a large number of fans, in fact the ''Posh Canaries'' are considering him for Player of the Season.  There is no doubt that he has improved under Glen Roeder.  I will also start a thread on here stating that Roeder agrees with you that he is not good enough. I think you will find that there are several who don''t think he is good enough.  I don''t think there are many like you who think he is our best defender.  If he signs a new contract will you start a thread saying you still know best and 3 successive Norwich managers offer contracts to donkeys??  Whether he signs a new contract or not will not change my personal opinion that he is not good enough if we are looking to get into the Premiership.  You might be surprised to know that I applaud all our players when they are doing well, including Doherty, and I have never booed any player.

Finally,  I may have mentioned Doherty as being slow and sometimes a liability, but I have never referred to him as a donkey.

[/quote][/quote]

So from the way you edited my post am I right to assume that you get frustrated by Doherty consistently performing badly even though you feel he has improved under Glen Roeder. He is appreciated by a large number of fans, in fact being considered for player of the season but not many of those think he is our best defender.

Could I ask what other defenders the ''Posh Canaries'' are considering for Player of the Season?

I never thought you did boo players silver fox and the donkey references on this thread are because of 1st Wiz continually changing his name to Donkerty.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="silver fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote][/quote]

So from the way you edited my post am I right to assume that you get frustrated by Doherty consistently performing badly even though you feel he has improved under Glen Roeder. He is appreciated by a large number of fans, in fact being considered for player of the season but not many of those think he is our best defender.  I have definitely seen an improvement in Doherty, especially as Roeder seems to have stopped him wrestling his opponent to the ground as often.  Doherty is not the only player that frustrates me, our midfield duo of Fotheringham and Pattison were classic examples last night. 

Could I ask what other defenders the ''Posh Canaries'' are considering for Player of the Season?  Marshall, although he was partly to blame for the goal last night.  Pearce hasn''t been here long enough or otherwise he would be in with a shout.

I never thought you did boo players silver fox and the donkey references on this thread are because of 1st Wiz continually changing his name to Donkerty.

The back four did reasonably well last night against the giants from Stoke and Pearce was the man of the match in my opinion.  It will be interesting to see whether Roeder puts Doherty straight back in on Saturday.

As usual we will have to agree to disagree over Doherty being our best defender, but I watched Pearce last night and he was in a different class.  He was good in the air, strong in the tackle, composed, and his distribution out of defence was first class.  At 19 he looks to have a bright future in front of him and I can see why Coppell has said he is not for sale.

[/quote]

the saw the doc in morrisons getting some food before last game .. and it was less than healthy !

he''s been better than jason, this year .. but still he isn''t good enough for this club !

agreed ?

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So from the way you edited my post am I right to assume that you get frustrated by Doherty consistently performing badly even though you feel he has improved under Glen Roeder. He is appreciated by a large number of fans, in fact being considered for player of the season but not many of those think he is our best defender.  I have definitely seen an improvement in Doherty, especially as Roeder seems to have stopped him wrestling his opponent to the ground as often.  Doherty is not the only player that frustrates me, our midfield duo of Fotheringham and Pattison were classic examples last night. 

Could I ask what other defenders the ''Posh Canaries'' are considering for Player of the Season?  Marshall, although he was partly to blame for the goal last night.  Pearce hasn''t been here long enough or otherwise he would be in with a shout.

The back four did reasonably well last night against the giants from Stoke and Pearce was the man of the match in my opinion.  It will be interesting to see whether Roeder puts Doherty straight back in on Saturday.

As usual we will have to agree to disagree over Doherty being our best defender, but I watched Pearce last night and he was in a different class.  He was good in the air, strong in the tackle, composed, and his distribution out of defence was first class.  At 19 he looks to have a bright future in front of him and I can see why Coppell has said he is not for sale.

[/quote][/quote]

It''s ok to disagree you know Silver Fox, because it can only be opinion. I didn''t include Marshall when I said Doc was our best defender. So let''s rephrase it to ''I think Doc is our most effective outfield defender''. A lot of posters think Marshall is rubbish though! I thought Gallacher was rubbish and I put our better defensive record this season down to Marshall.

I agree with you about Pearce although he struggled at Watford last week. But I would suggest to you that as Doherty is the only outfield defender your friends are considering for POS then I am not so much alone in my opinion as you like to make out.

I don''t understand why ANYONE would consider a defender for player of the season when we have conceded SO MANY goals AGAIN.  Doherty was POS the year we had about the worst goals against in the division.  WHY?  He is on the pitch WAY too much, considering the players we have.  Maybe playing every minute of every game is wearing him out mentally and this 2 game vacation will help, but to consider him POS is just idiotic.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I don''t understand why ANYONE would consider a defender for player of the season when we have conceded SO MANY goals AGAIN.  Doherty was POS the year we had about the worst goals against in the division.  WHY?  He is on the pitch WAY too much, considering the players we have.  Maybe playing every minute of every game is wearing him out mentally and this 2 game vacation will help, but to consider him POS is just idiotic.[/quote]  Our goals against is reasonable compared across the division, but we are the second lowest goalscorers.  As you would expect our midfielders and strikers to score the goals I can''t see a candidate there for POS.

So did they both get 2 match bans cause Neil was talking about them playing next Sat?

So looking at the list of all the yellow cards they have in the EEN tonight how does that work now or were they all wiped clean at the end of January?