Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

A three-way fight?

When you look at the fixture run-ins and other teams'' games in hand, things start to look worrying. For my money, it''s going to be a three-way fight to avoid the third relegation place - a fight between Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday and us.

Leicester''s four home games are against Hull, Colchester, Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe. And Wednesday have two games in hand over us, and our final game is at Hillsborough.

And Southampton - have won only three league games this year and still have to play Hull, Cardiff away, Bristol City, Charlton and West Brom.

I think it''s between the bottom half of the table. Colchester have almost certainly gone so that''s two places open for 11 (maybe 12 if you count QPR) teams to still go down. Wouldn''t like to call this one.

Was the person who sanctioned the trip to Spain the same one who said yes to the signing of John HARTSON ? I know Mr DOOMCASTER says that hindsight is an exact science but foresight might be more useful on the odd occassion.

i thought scunny looked a banker to go, but they won last night.  another win would leave a 2nd relegation place open for competition.as rude old said - blackpool, and also coventry and leciester were games we should have picked points up in. 

I think everyone down below us are in the fight to stay up, they are down there because they have struggled to pick up points consistently over the season, so how could anyone assume they are now magicly going to pick up points now, despite how ''easy'' their run in seems. 

Think we should know by now that anyone can beat anyone in this league, I hardly think there is such a thing as an easy or hard run in.

Just to remind everyone there are 7 teams below us, yes 7!!  And just 7 points separate the 11 teams from Leicester to QPR.  Not all these teams can pick up points because they are going to be playing each other sometimes.  I realise that we are not mathematically safe yet by any means, but we are not exactly on the verge of relegation just yet because of a few poor results.

Can you really blame the trip to Spain on the recent slump????  Was it really that bad a decision if you take into account all the facts other than IN HINDSIGHT the results that have happened since.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

When you look at the fixture run-ins and other teams'' games in hand, things start to look worrying. For my money, it''s going to be a three-way fight to avoid the third relegation place - a fight between Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday and us.

Leicester''s four home games are against Hull, Colchester, Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe. And Wednesday have two games in hand over us, and our final game is at Hillsborough.

[/quote]

What about Coventry?

I think Barnsley could well be relegated along with Colchester and Scunthorpe. The FA Cup semi-final will be on all their players minds before and after the game is actually played. In this league nobody can say their run-in is easy and while everybody in the bottom half is therefore in danger, Barnsley will do exceptionally well if they remain focused enough on the league. They are currently only ahead of Norwich on goal difference by one goal.

I''d say we need at least 7 points more to be safe. Looking at the fixtures, I think Colchester is a must win game. If we don''t win that, the alarm bells will really be ringing.

NFCF will not get much out of Sheffied Utd on Saturday so that leaves the following game against Colchester and that I believe will  make or break our season. If we beat Colchester then NCFC will  remain in the Championship but, if they lose then it is a strong possibility that relegation will  follow. A defeat against Colchester will  kick any remaining fight to survive out of NCFC. 

if you think about it .. everyone is in the same position in and around us ..

we keep telling ourselves we won''t be going down .. but doesn''t every club !