Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Dave

Norwich's lack of firepower

Much has been made of our need for a 20 goal a season striker.But comparing our statistics to tomorrow nights visitors,Stoke,their centre halves have scored 14 league goals between them this season,our centre halves haven''t managed a single goal!Our midfield is equally as pitiful,contributing just eight goals between them all season.Seems to me,that in the summer,we need to concentrate on buying a goalscoring midfielder and winger,plus defenders whoo offer more of a threat at set pieces.Anybody else feel the same?

[quote user="Thetford Dave"]Much has been made of our need for a 20 goal a season striker.But comparing our statistics to tomorrow nights visitors,Stoke,their centre halves have scored 14 league goals between them this season,our centre halves haven''t managed a single goal!Our midfield is equally as pitiful,contributing just eight goals between them all season.Seems to me,that in the summer,we need to concentrate on buying a goalscoring midfielder and winger,plus defenders whoo offer more of a threat at set pieces.Anybody else feel the same?[/quote]Didn''t Taylor score two for us?I take your point, but with defenders it has to be goals as a bonus rather than part of their job.  One problem is our set piece delivery is poor - so many corners hit the first defender, it''s hard for defenders to do anything from those.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Thetford Dave"]Much has been made of our need for a 20 goal a season striker.But comparing our statistics to tomorrow nights visitors,Stoke,their centre halves have scored 14 league goals between them this season,our centre halves haven''t managed a single goal!Our midfield is equally as pitiful,contributing just eight goals between them all season.Seems to me,that in the summer,we need to concentrate on buying a goalscoring midfielder and winger,plus defenders whoo offer more of a threat at set pieces.Anybody else feel the same?[/quote]Didn''t Taylor score two for us?I take your point, but with defenders it has to be goals as a bonus rather than part of their job.  One problem is our set piece delivery is poor - so many corners hit the first defender, it''s hard for defenders to do anything from those.[/quote]Taylor scored two and the Doc chipped in with one in the cup.