Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

What's your favourite ever season?

We''ve got a wide age range on this board, which is great. We have posters who can draw from the 60s/70s, whereas there''s posters like me who can only draw on the last 15 years or so. With this in mind I was wondering- What are the most popular seasons for Norwich fans? I have to say that this (sorry, last) season has to be my favourite so far. Unfortunately I started my Norwich obsession and got my first season ticket the year after the wonderful European campaign. Therefore my first season we got relegated! I''ve had a season ticket ever since but this has to be the first year when we''ve had some success. I''ve seen some incredible games this year, home and away. The Binners games, Derby away, Boxing day when we revealed the Huck, Watford away and many other wonderful memories will stay with me forever. I''m sure I''ll see some even more incredible seasons in my lifetime as a Norwich fan but at this present moment the 2003/04 Division One Championship season is my favourite.

What''s yours?

Have to agree that it has to be this (last, whatever) season. It must be the first season since i''ve supported them that there has been no real downers. I started supporting Norwich at the back end of the 93/94 season, so my first full season as a supporter, 94/95 with relegation, was one to forget. There haven''t been many memorable ones since then, although I did go off football in general from around 97 to 2001, so I missed those years (although im sure you''ll tell me i didnt miss much!) although I started to get back into following Norwich as much I used to at the start the 01/02 season, which is my 2nd favourite ever season, after 2003/04 of course, which won''t be beat personally for some time.

Oh yes the year Norwich win Div one and England win Euro 2004 is gonna take some beating.

Word of advice to younger fans, enjoy it and live for the moment.

I remember having the chance to go to Inter Milan but couldn''t quite afford it at the time. Never mind, I thought, I''ll save up for next years trip....

Ive not made the same mistake since.

Probably 1992/1993 when we finished third as it was the first season I was allowed to go to the games with my mates on a regular basis which started with that amazing comeback at Highbury and finished with us qualifying for Europe.

This season comes a close second though, followed by the playoff season.

This year was fantastic, everything seemed to go well for us from signing Hucks to the icing on the cake (Ipswich missing out)

However, my favourite is Ken Browns promotion winning team of 86. I was only 9 at the time & had to stand on a milk crate in the river-end with my dad.. It was my first full season so I assumed every season from there on would consist of Norwich taking all oposition apart!...... I soon learned!

Alex, how can you possibly go off football???!!!???

Jonesy,

I dont know what happened to be honest! All i can think of is it was around that time that I first got a computer and I ended up getting addicted to using that, far too much. Ok, another reason i''ll admit that i got frustrated at Norwich, being that we seemingly changed managers every 6 months and the team not doing particulary well - I was going to matches back then, but then i didnt got to one for 6 years! Because i was so young (12/13) i probably wasn''t being realistic, expecting us to win the league every season - it seemed like the team wasn''t going anywhere. But dont think this means i am not a true supporter of the club, because that i definitely am! OTBC.

For me it''s got to be the one just past as it is so fresh in the memory and contains so many amazing highlights. If we stay up next season then that one will probably come close to it as the world and his uncle are expecting us to flop big time. (Hope we prove them wrong with bells on!)

Not very original, but it has to be 71/72. It was the first time we got into the top flight, and so in footballing terms it was like losing your virginity. The 59 cup run had been heavy petting behind the bike shed, but 72 was the year we finally went all the way. You always remember your first time!
That said, this season comes a close second..

My first match was in 1968 so, for me, it has to be 1972, promotion to the top flight for the very first time. I feel I''ve been very lucky coz (apart from the ''59'' cup run) Every thing has happened to Norwich since.

Can''t remember more than about 8 years ago, if that, so i''d have to say this season closely followed by the season we reached the play off final, it will be one of the occasions I will never forget.

I am almost with Fool On The Hill....this last season has to be he best because of all that has happened...the double over The Scum; the emotion of signing Hucks; top since Christmas; superb new chants (Going up, up, up....Championez etc); the emotions at Sunderland; the celebrations on the other Monday night...all brilliant. After that it is also the 71/72 season for me as well. I was at Orient when we won promotion, and at Watford when we clinched the Championship...."Jimmy Bone, superstar, how many goals have you scored so far!!" ...Stringer "pearls"...big Dunc....fond memories, especially after so many years in the old second division :-0)

I think this season has to be my favourite ever season.

The 92/93 season was brilliant but we lost to the scum twice and it ended on a downer when the title slipped away from us towards the end.

The following season in the Eufa Cup was also amazing but we dissapointed in the league.

The 1985 Milk Cup season and the Play-Off Season were both exciting for a time, but had their ups and downs.

This season however, we have beaten Ipswich twice, signed some truly talented players, we''ve shown most teams in Division One how to play football, our support has gone sky high, Carrow Road has never been so loud and most importantly; we''ve come away from it with a trophy.