Sign in to follow this  
noz4lyf

JAMIE CURETON .. SHAMBOLIC !

possibly the worse player i''ve ever seen in my life ..

he''s a good excuse for a hobbit in a football team ..

seriously placing him left midfield when he can''t run at people, and doesn''t have any skill at all !

the only thing he is good at doing is .. nothing !

if we had a tall striker who is younger than a 39 year old i could understand why we would play him ..

but when ched evans comes on and does more than we''ve done all game !

do we really need to play him ?

i don''t see what glen see''s in jamie .. they say he''s a good finisher ! from 2 yards out .. there''s no excuse !

cumon glenn sort it out !

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

seriously placing him left midfield when he can''t run at people, and doesn''t have any skill at all !

if we had a tall striker who is younger than a 39 year old i could understand why we would play him ..

i don''t see what glen see''s in jamie .. they say he''s a good finisher ! from 2 yards out .. there''s no excuse !

[/quote]

If you think Cureton is the worse player you ever seen, all I can say is that you''ve seen very little football in your life! If he had stuck ''that chance'' away - as he should have done I agree - would you be writing this? No!

So Cureton is worse than John Hartson is he? Going back several years now what about Dean Coney?   OK drop Cureton, then who do you play and what options are left up front?

Well I can only assume that you have only been a football supporter dor a couple of months.  Coote mean anything to you or maybe Derveld or the countless other useless players.  Yes your right Jamie should have scored, but find me a striker who doesn''t miss chances.  Torres has missed a few sitters this season, but nobody remembers that because of the amount of goals he does score.  Surely it''s more of a worry that we are relying on Jamie every week.  Lets remember he has scored three in recent games.  You have to go back till Feb 12th when we last scored a goal that Jamie didn''t score.  That is a month ago.  It''s all very well for everyone having a go at Jamie, but where exactly would we be without his goals, probably relegated by now.  You can say what you want about Jamie, but I think enough is enough yes he has missed chances.  The fact that you call him the worse player you have ever seen says a lot about you and lack of football knowledge and I think the vast majority of Norwich fans know that Jamie is a quality player that just hasn''t had his best season.

I can''t let this post pass without replying to it. You''re the sort of "fan" we just don''t need. You say he''s "the worse(I think you mean worst!) player" you''ve seen in your life, was last night your first ever match?! Yes, he should have scored from 2 yards right at the end of the game-he knows that, you could see it when the final whistle went. He is one of few players I''ve seen who really takes it to heart when he misses a chance. Especially now he''s back here. I''d still state, even after last night, Curo is our best striker. I know he hasn''t had the best season, we all expected tons of goals after the year he had last season, but he''s scored some good goals, and some important goals, and yes before all the anti-curo people reply, he has missed a few sitters. As for a poor man''s Earnie, well on goals, I won''t argue, but as for the rest of his game and his ability to play for the shirt, give me JC any day over that money grabbing alien. Roeder should be backing him by playing him against Sheff Utd, because it''ll only take one goal for him to forget about last night''s miss and we''ll see Curo on the goal trail again.

Jamie misssed a good chance last night, true and he''ll beat himself up much more than we will.

If he gets the service and starts the games regularly he''ll still score a decent amount of goals.

Well he was top scorer in the league last season with Colchester of all teams. We obviously arent playing to his strengths. Even though he has been poor.

yes, but yet again what does jamie actually offer for our club ?

i understand he can score a few .. and i agree he''s done that well !

however, im sure ched evans could do exactly the same !

so could chris martin .. he''s not a team player !

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

[/quote]

Worse player? what are you? six years old?

Give me strength!.[:S]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Well I can only assume that you have only been a football supporter dor a couple of months.  Coote mean anything to you or maybe Derveld or the countless other useless players.  [/quote]

Lol - "Who let the Coote out, who who who who who!" I saw him saw a goal once you know - a real one for the first team! Stockport away, about 1998. I am very prvileged.

Derveld wasn''t a striker though was he!? What about Ulf Ottoson! Actually, you know what, i saw him score a goal once too, Sheffield United away, around the same time.

Anyway, i think the point is, we have had a lot worse than JC and i have been unimpressed with how Roeder treated him when he was clearly in top form (see "What is Roeder''s problem with Cureton" post), to the extent that i think he''s actually damaged his confidence a bit and now he''s gone and had an off day last night that he may not otherwise have had if he had been starting since he scored the winner v Barnsley.

I was a curo fan but i just think he is not good enough for this standard, agreed one season at Colchester when the whole team played above their level. I feel he lacks skill, the blistering pace needed in the modern game and he misses too many chances for a top striker.

The problem is we create so few chances that we can''t afford to miss any. All season our problem has been creating and scoring goals, despite everyone crying out for a centre half.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Anyway, i think the point is, we have had a lot worse than JC and i have been unimpressed with how Roeder treated him when he was clearly in top form (see "What is Roeder''s problem with Cureton" post), to the extent that i think he''s actually damaged his confidence a bit and now he''s gone and had an off day last night that he may not otherwise have had if he had been starting since he scored the winner v Barnsley.

[/quote]

Agreed A1.. it actually reminds me of the Grant-Cureton fiasco all over again...

Curo is a confidence player and needs his confidence levels upped... whilst he is scoring he shouldnt of been dropped... its deflated him and roeders recent criticism of him isnt going to give him the kick up the backside he needs...

Jamie needs to be praised or told to "keep it going" I still think he can do a job for us... he''s our top scorer! if he ends the season with 15 goals then we can say he has done his job surely?

jas :)

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

[/quote]

He defends from the front far better than most strikers i''ve ever seen (by the way Earnie never defended at all) I don''t want to be cliche, but the guy bleeds yellow and green, 110% from him every game,whether he gets chances or not. So I think you''ll find he is a team player.

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

[/quote]

I bet you''re the nauseating adolescent that was sitting behind me last night.

He is a good quality striker.  It is the type of miss last night that stops him becoming a premier league player.  He cannot be relied upon to score when presented with chances.  Perhaps too many of the players lack this ''X'' factor that many in the premier league have

[quote user="ricky knight"]I was a curo fan but i just think he is not good enough for this standard, agreed one season at Colchester when the whole team played above their level. I feel he lacks skill, the blistering pace needed in the modern game and he misses too many chances for a top striker.[/quote]

see someone who see''s sence .. if u want us to get some where we need player who are going to cause havoc in defenses .. does jamie even do that ?

he scores the occasional goal .. and is getting on a bit ..

he isn''t good enough for us anymore ..

[quote] user="macdougall''s perm"][quote user="noz4lyf"]

[/quote]

I bet you''re the nauseating adolescent that was sitting behind me last night.

[/quote]

do you sit in the N&P??

if so.. he probably was...

[quote user="Andrew Kent"][quote user="noz4lyf"]

[/quote]

He defends from the front far better than most strikers i''ve ever seen (by the way Earnie never defended at all) I don''t want to be cliche, but the guy bleeds yellow and green, 110% from him every game,whether he gets chances or not. So I think you''ll find he is a team player.

[/quote]

Just want to check, are you saying Cureton gives "110%" every game?

I personally think it''s very rare that Jamie Cureton rolls up his sleeves and puts in a shift for the team.

I often find him to be quite lazy.

Curo became a City legend the day he ran out at Portman Rd with green hair and scored within 4 minutes......He remains, and will remain, a legend.

Dips in form are temporary.

Saha, Andy Johnson, Andy Cole at his peak, Solsjkar, Henry, all top, top players, I''ve seen them all miss sitters

They just play(ed) in sides that created more than one chance a game.......

he works back hard .. because he doesn''t sit on the last defenders ..

when playing off dion you need to sit on the last defender if your going to do anything ..

instead he dordles about 15 yards of where he is meant to watching the play ..

and when he actually gets the ball all he can do is pass it back .. there''s no adventure ..

he can only score .. and it''s not even that many .. we want to be up there fighting for promotion

jamie cureton isn''t the answer