Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

We have no midfield

Blame the strikers if you like for last night. I don''t think you can blame the back 4 they did very well I thought, yes 1 mistake but we should score 2 at home to counter that.

As I said blame the strikers the Cureton miss was bad but the real problem is we have a rubbish midfield. Creating noting for long periods of the game and with no end product when we do get in good positions.

Fotheringham. Luxury player, fancy dan, last night ineffectual and wayward, every ball in down the keepers throat.

Patterson. Weak, sloppy, slow and disjointed, huff and puff but nothing else

Croft. MoM what a joke. Slow, crap crossing, more huff and puff. Zero end product.

Bertrand. He''s a full back. Ineffectual, unable to beat his man.

Strikers need midfielders to set them up, Defenders need midfielders to relieve the pressure. Ours did and rarely do either.

Sorry but I say what I see. We need ball winners, tacklers who win the ball not make half hearted attempts and most of all we need people who can run with the ball and pick a pass. If you watch, our central pair never move more than ten yards with the ball.

When the rebuilding starts I''d say the midfield is the area most in need of new faces.

I couldn''t have put it better Hardhouse and especially as Fotheringham and Pattison had so much space last night in midfield and didn''t really create anything.  Fotheringham must really impress Roeder on the training ground, because I don''t see anything in the matches to justify him being captain. 

The prospect of Russell, Fotheringham and Pattison being the nucleus of our midfield next season suggests it will another year in the Championship.

i totally agree with matty crappy pattison he thinks he is better than he is. iv never seen a worse passing centre midfilder than himself. yes he''s a hard working midfilder and gets the tackles stuck in, but he''s having to make more tackles because he is the one who is giving the ball away.

however with lee croft i totally disagree he was our MOM yesturday, he has improved ten fold since roeder has been here. he''s more confident going down the wing, he''s taking on players that you want a winger to do, and if you can recall his first five starts for the club his crossing was woeful, now he looks up and finds the pass. if only he could put the ball in the net now

xxx 

Yes Pattison had a poor game and Russell would have done much better.

We have three of the same in central midfield and the worst is Fotheringham.  At least the other two do what it says on the tin whereas Fotheringham is a pretend playmaker.

fatty patty is a mini version of john hartson !

however, he does work his socks off !

looking at clubs like blackpool when they came here they had great movement upfront, and someone just behind the front two threading it threw .. and at norwich we have to many midfielders who do the same jobs .. and just have a good work ethic .. and very little else !

[quote user="silver fox"]

The prospect of Russell, Fotheringham and Pattison being the nucleus of our midfield next season suggests it will another year in the Championship.

[/quote]

Well that would be progress for most on here.

Just looked at some interesting stats about the midfield!!! would say Russell  and Fozzy are the main 2 that should pop up with a goal.

70+ shots at goal between them 50 coming from Russell but only 4 goals to show for it. which just isnt good enough. Would expect one of your centre midfielders to get close to double figures.

Lee Croft 22 shots 1 goal. And only 4 Assists...have to admit he has improved a great deal this season. but like everyone keeps saying if he had the end product!!! who knows.

Not sure where its leading just thought it was interesting.

[quote user="skins89"]

i totally agree with matty crappy pattison he thinks he is better than he is. iv never seen a worse passing centre midfilder than himself. yes he''s a hard working midfilder and gets the tackles stuck in, but he''s having to make more tackles because he is the one who is giving the ball away.

however with lee croft i totally disagree he was our MOM yesturday, he has improved ten fold since roeder has been here. he''s more confident going down the wing, he''s taking on players that you want a winger to do, and if you can recall his first five starts for the club his crossing was woeful, now he looks up and finds the pass. if only he could put the ball in the net now

xxx 

[/quote]

I feel you confuse effort with success. Nobody doubts Crofty tries hard. But hey wouldn''t you try hard if you were allowed to play in a great stadium in front of 25000 fans. I know I would. Give me £7000 a week on top of that and yes you and I would bust a gut. Truth is we wouldn''t be good enough. Stats show he doesn''t set up goals regularly enough. He take on players you say but rarely beats them due to lack of pace. Has to cut inside as he did time and again last night. Huff and puff describes him to a tee for me. But he hardly ever blows anybodies house down.

i wouldn''t be doubting croft .. he''s one of our better players this season !

at the start of the season we were crying out for a bit of pace and some one drives forwards .. he''s come in and done this now you''re all complaining !

croft is similar to how huckerby used to be .. isn''t this a good thing ?

i mean what do you actually want from a winger .. the statistics say he doesn''t set up many goals or scores many .. but there''s plenty of wingers who do that .. and the ones that do are snapped up by the best ..

there''s bigger worries in the midfield rather than down the right hand side ..

How the hell Lee Croft got man of the match i will never know, his crossing is pathetic. Fotheringham can''t pass a ball to save his life and neither can Pattison, new midfield needed next season or it will be more mid-lower table mediocrity for Norwich.

Absolutely diabolical, sort it out Roeder.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]We have three of the same in central midfield and the worst is Fotheringham.  At least the other two do what it says on the tin whereas Fotheringham is a pretend playmaker.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more.  I don''t remember "playmakers" passing the ball square or backwards quite as often as Fotheringham does.  And his crossing is laughable, though a shade better than Croft''s.

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

i wouldn''t be doubting croft .. he''s one of our better players this season !

at the start of the season we were crying out for a bit of pace and some one drives forwards .. he''s come in and done this now you''re all complaining !

i mean what do you actually want from a winger .. the statistics say he doesn''t set up many goals or scores many .. but there''s plenty of wingers who do that .. and the ones that do are snapped up by the best ..

there''s bigger worries in the midfield rather than down the right hand side ..

[/quote]

That is the single most ridiculous statement I have ever read on here. You Clearly did not watch Huckerby when he was first at our club.

I can tell you now that Huckerby was 50 times better and is still 10 time better when fit than croft will ever be.

Zero end product is being kind. And quite like the guy.

[quote user="noz4lyf"]don''t blame roeder .. he hasn''t really been given a chance to sort it out ![/quote]

is Pattison not one of his signings, still need to be convinced by him.

Agree wholeheartedley about the midfield, plenty of graft but no craft, a couple of midfielders that can create and score on a regular basis are essential if we are to challenge next year. Fotheringham and Pattison are very average championship players, Russell is probably the best of our midfielders and would be decent with a couple of creative type players in the middle with him. The chances we do create are missed with alarming regularity by our misfiring strikers and a couple of strikers will also be needed as well as a couple of defenders.