Sign in to follow this  
Hucks Right Leg, Eadies Left & Iwans Head

2 Loan Strikers, How about Chris Martin?

Last seson when things were bad, Chris Martin came good for us.

Roeder is saying he''ll look to loan a striker or 2, maybe after the lack of goals its time to give him another try?

Blasted for missing from a yard against Bury, then dropped, Didn''t Jamie miss from a yard last night? Bet he''s in the squad for Sat? I really think its to give him another chance, especially with his goals for the reserves.

Or Luke Daley was on the bench after 3 for the U18''s, maybe he could do what Martin did last year?

So theres 2options and he could still play Hucks through the middle.

Don''t think we''ll go down so save the money Glenn unless its someone who could become permanent.

Wot do u guys (&gals) think?

[quote user="Canary Carlos"]

Last seson when things were bad, Chris Martin came good for us.

Roeder is saying he''ll look to loan a striker or 2, maybe after the lack of goals its time to give him another try?

Blasted for missing from a yard against Bury, then dropped, Didn''t Jamie miss from a yard last night? Bet he''s in the squad for Sat? I really think its to give him another chance, especially with his goals for the reserves.

Or Luke Daley was on the bench after 3 for the U18''s, maybe he could do what Martin did last year?

So theres 2options and he could still play Hucks through the middle.

Don''t think we''ll go down so save the money Glenn unless its someone who could become permanent.

Wot do u guys (&gals) think?

[/quote]

He sees Chris Martin in training everyday so maybe he knows something we don''t.  Huckerby is still injured I believe, but an option for sure.

last time i sore martin have a good run he scored ..

why did he not get any more chances ?

because to me .. he''s much better than JAMIE BLOOMIN CURETON !

I firmly believe in giving people a chance and even a second chance but how many chances do you give someone before you say enough is enough. Chris Martin is another Ryan Jarvis. Could not hit a cows arse with a banjo. Well not on a regular basis anyway. Screamer in one match but then does not score in the next 8. Not good enough, sorry.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]The strikers should have been here in January, face facts, the so called Messiah GR, messed up big time!.[/quote]

He got knocked back for both Paterson of Scunthorpe and Rasiak who chose Bolton.  What do you want Wiz, to just buy someone for the sake of it, or pay wildly over the odds for someone who could prove to be no better than what we already have.

Time for you to face facts.  We haven''t got a huge pot so we can''t just splash the cash.  Everyone we buy in needs to be better than what we already have.  Do we do that by paying over the odds during sellers january, or wait until the buyers summer.  You need to be far more realistic with your criticisms.

chris Martin has been given countless chances this season and im afraid to say hasnt taken it...

it was there for him to become a 1st team regular and really steak a claim for a 1st team place, its not worked out that way...

I suspect he''s one of "glenns 15".

interesting to note he hasnt scored since he got, in Peter Grants words, "the Best contract ever offered to a youth player in the clubs history" he has, on the other hand.. lost form and got fat... im not privy to the finances at the club or players wages but someone told me chris Martin is the highest earner at the club and its gone to his head a little bit....

Im not so sure thats true tbh, but i think he is off...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

interesting to note he hasnt scored since he got, in Peter Grants words, "the Best contract ever offered to a youth player in the clubs history" he has, on the other hand.. lost form and got fat... im not privy to the finances at the club or players wages but someone told me chris Martin is the highest earner at the club and its gone to his head a little bit....

[/quote]

Spot on.  Peter Grant said he came back in the summer overweight and lazy so he has had a good nine months to shape up and get his career on track.  A couple of decent performances in the reserves isn''t good enough.  Thing is though is that sometimes players careers never recover from this, not saying this will definately happen to Martin but if he isn''t careful.

Perhaps the agent who advised him during contract talks should now advise him to pull his bloody finger out or he will never get another.

if there is no purpose for martin and hasn''t been from the start of the season why didn''t we sell him ? or even loan him out ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

chris Martin has been given countless chances this season

[/quote]

If thats the case you obviously struggle to count past about two!!!!!

So Roeder has finally decided he needs a striker or two.  WHY THE HELL DOES NOBODY LISTEN TO US!!!    We have all been saying that for ages, and intead we draft in a shed load of loan players, none of which are a striker!  Although the Summer will certainly be exciting, I also have a growing feeling of dread.

[quote user="Vern "]I firmly believe in giving people a chance and even a second chance but how many chances do you give someone before you say enough is enough. Chris Martin is another Ryan Jarvis. Could not hit a cows arse with a banjo. Well not on a regular basis anyway. Screamer in one match but then does not score in the next 8. Not good enough, sorry.[/quote]

Oh u must be refering to the 3 league starts his had, including 1 at QPR where they were all awful apart from Marsh!!!

How can any1 call that a fair chance, half the time his been out of the left.

Give him a bit of a run coz our other strikers were bangin them in the other nite, were''nt they????

[quote user="HUDDY "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

chris Martin has been given countless chances this season

[/quote]

If thats the case you obviously struggle to count past about two!!!!!

[/quote]

how about the number of games he has gone without scoring for Peter Grant, Jim Duffy and Glenn roeder... sticking him in the team because he''s on a decent contract dont make him a good player...

jas :)

[quote user="Canary Carlos"]

[quote user="Vern "]I firmly believe in giving people a chance and even a second chance but how many chances do you give someone before you say enough is enough. Chris Martin is another Ryan Jarvis. Could not hit a cows arse with a banjo. Well not on a regular basis anyway. Screamer in one match but then does not score in the next 8. Not good enough, sorry.[/quote]

Oh u must be refering to the 3 league starts his had, including 1 at QPR where they were all awful apart from Marsh!!!

Give him a bit of a run coz our other strikers were bangin them in the other nite, were''nt they????

[/quote]

Again, he sees Martin in training everyday.  You don''t.  There will be a good reason why he doesn''t play.

This is rumour from a reliable (aint they always!) source...

I work with/am friends with a couple of guys who are friends of the Martin family and in particular Chris'' dad. Consensus among them is that he''s been getting a bit too big for his boots since he got his contract. He drinks heavily in a couple of the locals (far from descreetly) and obviously failed to keep up with the summer training schedule coming back overweight, but I think the real issue is the apparent bravado and chip that''s formed on his shoulder. Maybe this info has found it''s way into Colney and there may a big mission on to bring the lad back down to earth? Maybe it''s his overall attitude that needs to alter before he''s back in contention, and a few goals in the reserves won''t suffice? 

Sounds like he thinks he''s made for life and is happy to flaunt this around but if he isn''t careful could end up in non-league within a few years if he doesn''t re-focus himself. 

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Canary Carlos"]

[/quote]

Again, he sees Martin in training everyday.  You don''t.  There will be a good reason why he doesn''t play.

[/quote]

Yeah I guess, same as wot Grant saw with Safri? & Glenn saw with Hucks then?

I know wot your sayin but I feel he''s been made a bit of a scapegoat for a few bad performances.

I not a huge Martin lover or anything just think that we are missing goals and he''s on the books.

[quote user="Stone"]

This is rumour from a reliable (aint they always!) source...

I work with/am friends with a couple of guys who are friends of the Martin family and in particular Chris'' dad. Consensus among them is that he''s been getting a bit too big for his boots since he got his contract. He drinks heavily in a couple of the locals (far from descreetly) and obviously failed to keep up with the summer training schedule coming back overweight, but I think the real issue is the apparent bravado and chip that''s formed on his shoulder. Maybe this info has found it''s way into Colney and there may a big mission on to bring the lad back down to earth? Maybe it''s his overall attitude that needs to alter before he''s back in contention, and a few goals in the reserves won''t suffice? 

Sounds like he thinks he''s made for life and is happy to flaunt this around but if he isn''t careful could end up in non-league within a few years if he doesn''t re-focus himself. 

[/quote]

Was told very similar as a matter of fact, he didn''t train hardly at all last season, didn''t stick to the strict exercise regime, but prefered to go clubbing and drinking with his mates.  No one is saying don''t enjoy yourself, least of all me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but on the other hand I didn''t get handed a professional contract.

He''s got the talent we all know that, but it really is up to Chris to sort himself out, or risk losing a future in football & promising career.