Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

We'll be going for size & intelligence in the summer.

So.

Get out your reference material and research tools, lads & lasses.

Basic requirements now include the following:

Must be over 6ft tall with a muscular frame.................................. and at least 8 GCSEs - all passed at the same sitting and including English Language, Literatures in English,  a foreign language (can include Latin - sign of superior capacities!), Mathematics and a hard science (no environmental whatsit or health science). Passes in Geography (good for mapping professional fooball careers) and history (tells you how to kick butt) would be advantageous.

For late developers a decent bachelor''s degree from a decent uni in a decent subject is the minimum requirement. A university education is, however not a necessary pre-requisite.

NCFC is a privately owned, community club opposed, in particular, to gender discrimination, so applications will be welcomed from women - these will be given balanced consideration in line with club guidelines.

All short-listed squad candidates will be required to undergo successful psychometric analysis prior to any contract signing.

Payers of European origin or apprenticeship will be given close consideration.

Incoming loanees from prem clubs will be exempted from all of these requirements.

Now down to work to answer that question.

Who''ll be good enough for us?

OTBC

I cannot quite understand the logic of this statement on size (didnt Worthington say much the same) is this why we sold our 6'' 5'''' goalkeeper.

Wes Hoolahan Blackpools midfielder must be all of 5'' 6'''' and ran us ragged Coventrys winger another small player, whos name escapes me, took us to the cleaners. Sorry it isnt size but quality that counts and not neccessarily Premiership quality.  

I would go after Thomas Graveson. We have long needed that kind of quality in the middle of the park. Yes, he''s 31/32 but I would act early, put the right kind of package together and offer him the captaincy, and see whether Celtic would go for it ( I think he''s still owned by Celtic ). If Everton have hardly used him this season it is unlikely they will be pushing to extend his loan period. He may not have the pace he once had but he has the toughness, the football skills and football smarts. If it is felt that he still has the desire this may be worth considering.

Well that''s one down Yankee - if he''s ''intelligent''.

But I think Glenn''s mind is heading towards gathering a whole squad of ''em in order to challenge for promotion next season,

OTBC

It''s tricky isn''t it, because in general you''d have to say that the phrase "inteiligent footballer" is a bit of an oxymoron, like ''friendly fire''.

There are, obviously, exceptions but to get a whole team of them? Mein gott!

If it''s intelligence they want, then Doherty will not be back.

Ans speaking of oxymorons, athletic scholarship, lady wrestler, civil war, and error-free Doherty.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

I cannot quite understand the logic of this statement on size (didnt Worthington say much the same) is this why we sold our 6'' 5'''' goalkeeper.

Wes Hoolahan Blackpools midfielder must be all of 5'' 6'''' and ran us ragged Coventrys winger another small player, whos name escapes me, took us to the cleaners. Sorry it isnt size but quality that counts and not neccessarily Premiership quality.  

[/quote]

Wasnt the other guy Taylor-Fletcher. He had a very good game - those two ran everything all match. 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well that''s one down Yankee - if he''s ''intelligent''.

But I think Glenn''s mind is heading towards gathering a whole squad of ''em in order to challenge for promotion next season,

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, I''ve recommended mine, who''s yours Bly?

Martin Taylor - have to check his GCSEs though.

Although of course we could work the margins and extend prem exeptions to include all - not just loanees.

OTBC

I wonder if the size requirement would mean that all players needed to be 6ft plus - or it''s the squad mean or mode that we''re looking at?

Interesting.

OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I would go after Thomas Graveson. We have long needed that kind of quality in the middle of the park. Yes, he''s 31/32 but I would act early, put the right kind of package together and offer him the captaincy, and see whether Celtic would go for it ( I think he''s still owned by Celtic ). If Everton have hardly used him this season it is unlikely they will be pushing to extend his loan period. He may not have the pace he once had but he has the toughness, the football skills and football smarts. If it is felt that he still has the desire this may be worth considering.[/quote]

Ambitious thinking but why not? He was linked with Sheff Utd so why not Norwich? I think he would do a grand job here.

[quote user="jetstream"]It''s tricky isn''t it, because in general you''d have to say that the phrase "inteiligent footballer" is a bit of an oxymoron,. [/quote]

Lol! But, actually, that is what sets players like Huckerby apart from the pack.

I see nobody''s arguing with my rather tongue in cheek physical & mental qualification criteria - or the need to pass appropriate psychometric tests!
Ah well.

OTBC