Sign in to follow this  
YellowIce

Pinkun fans want us to be Newcastle

For you fans saying Glen will relegate us and other snipes . . .

Do you want us to be Newcastle . . . great support but chopping and changing managers every season when the boo boys and tw*t fans start turning up? No solidarity - no chance to finish a rebuiding job?

We would be down without him. If he left us we would go forom bad to worse and you are part of the problem not the solution.

Is that the same Newcastle who were thinking of moving to an 80,000 seater stadium, have huge funds, have the potential to be one of the big 5, have character and history, have great players, a charismatic manager and a huge fan base who are more vocal than probably any other club and play in the Premiership week in week out? Naaaaarrrrrr! Dont wahnt to be anything like them thair boy! thaay gart faarr morr armbitshun thuns good far''um I prefers support''un ah team a 17 teen yar old loaneees in tha lowa leeeagues I do

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Is that the same Newcastle who were thinking of moving to an 80,000 seater stadium, have huge funds, have the potential to be one of the big 5, have character and history, have great players, a charismatic manager and a huge fan base who are more vocal than probably any other club and play in the Premiership week in week out? Naaaaarrrrrr! Dont wahnt to be anything like them thair boy! thaay gart faarr morr armbitshun thuns good far''um I prefers support''un ah team a 17 teen yar old loaneees in tha lowa leeeagues I do[/quote][img]http://i25.tinypic.com/290vpcy.jpg[/img]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Is that the same Newcastle who were thinking of moving to an 80,000 seater stadium, have huge funds, have the potential to be one of the big 5, have character and history, have great players, a charismatic manager and a huge fan base who are more vocal than probably any other club and play in the Premiership week in week out? Naaaaarrrrrr! Dont wahnt to be anything like them thair boy! thaay gart faarr morr armbitshun thuns good far''um
I prefers support''un ah team a 17 teen yar old loaneees in tha lowa leeeagues I do
[/quote]

If you''re so keen on Newcastle, and keen to slag off Norwich, I can think of a suggestion....

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Is that the same Newcastle who were thinking of moving to an 80,000 seater stadium, have huge funds, have the potential to be one of the big 5, have character and history, have great players, a charismatic manager and a huge fan base who are more vocal than probably any other club and play in the Premiership week in week out? Naaaaarrrrrr! Dont wahnt to be anything like them thair boy! thaay gart faarr morr armbitshun thuns good far''um
I prefers support''un ah team a 17 teen yar old loaneees in tha lowa leeeagues I do
[/quote]

I don''t know if you mean to or not, but you sometimes sound like a complete simpleton (I sometimes think its part of a Cluck style act?)[:D][;)]. This is exactly his point - they have huge funding and fan base but, because they are so restless they never get anywhere or achieve anything - I''m sure you must understand that really. Would you honestly want Keegan and Wise in charge of City.

pink headline - ''semmy - we can avoid relegation'' says it all.reminds me of the cheery optimism flem used to cough up each week in our short prem visit. all they need to do is wheel out the doc to give a rallying call and we''re doomed!!!  i hope to christ we win this weekend, and all such headlines disappear - i couldn''t stand it until the end of the season otherwise.........

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Is that the same Newcastle who were thinking of moving to an 80,000 seater stadium, have huge funds, have the potential to be one of the big 5, have character and history, have great players, a charismatic manager and a huge fan base who are more vocal than probably any other club and play in the Premiership week in week out? Naaaaarrrrrr! Dont wahnt to be anything like them thair boy! thaay gart faarr morr armbitshun thuns good far''um I prefers support''un ah team a 17 teen yar old loaneees in tha lowa leeeagues I do[/quote]

I don''t know if you mean to or not, but you sometimes sound like a complete simpleton (I sometimes think its part of a Cluck style act?)[:D][;)]. This is exactly his point - they have huge funding and fan base but, because they are so restless they never get anywhere or achieve anything - I''m sure you must understand that really. Would you honestly want Keegan and Wise in charge of City.

its down to fan expectation to be fair mac - if your fan base considers your team to be big and successful and they''re not, they would let everyone concerned know about it.  if the big 4 prem teams were in the bottom 4 each year, i''d imagine their fan base would be going ape.  at one point, our fan base considered we were a prem team by right, and chase''s failure saw him out.  a decade on - how many fans consider we should be a prem team???  indeed, many younger fans know nothing but the champs, (and so support 2nd teams in the prem for their glam fix) and so they expect us to be doing ok in it each year, without expecting us to be promoted.  the board have done a good job in lessening city fans prem expecatations through their failure to deliver prem football imo.

. Would you honestly want Keegan

and Wise in charge of City.

Don''t panic Mr Mainwaring!Yes thart I would boyy, thart boy Keegun int harf good arrt his jarrb, thays gart uh louvly stairdium n premyearship staytus too, thays also garrt some louvly fat envestas n thays also garrt morr fans then ya cun waive uh stick aart!n yet wees orll s''port uh lil ole clurrb the likes lil ole narrridge, thass a rum ole doo int it boy?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]. Would you honestly want Keegan and Wise in charge of City.

Don''t panic Mr Mainwaring!

Yes thart I would boyy, thart boy Keegun int harf good arrt his jarrb, thays gart uh louvly stairdium n premyearship staytus too, thays also garrt some louvly fat envestas n thays also garrt morr fans then ya cun waive uh stick aart!
n yet wees orll s''port uh lil ole clurrb the likes lil ole narrridge, thass a rum ole doo int it boy?
[/quote]

Lol! Touche - [:)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]And kindly, John backs up the point again, albeit inadvertently I suspect.[/quote]

Exactly..... (snigger).

[quote user="Trent Canary"]And kindly, John backs up the point again, albeit inadvertently I suspect.[/quote]Thas narrt me bein inudvertunt lil ole fella, Gard bless ya, it be me bein irarnicly saarcarstic, thas warrt that be!

[/quote]

Newcastle dont have great players.. they have the cast offs no one else wanted! they are a rubbish football team with rubbish players who are now being found out.... Add the Rubbish manager and the clock is ticking...

jas :)

I want Glenn to stay, my only worry is i keep hearing rumours that Leicester want him and if they provide him with a decent budget he will be off.I remember Newcastle getting gates of 16,000 then Keegan and Robson made them a top 4 team and suddenly they get 57,000. Newcastle fans are one of the most fickle about, no loyalty. Same with Sunderland. When they were fighting relegation they were getting 20,000, then last year when they start toping the table its back up to 40,000. Where were all those supporters? All washing there hair? Middlesboro are not much better. Somehting in the air in the north east.

I think there are two ways at looking at this Arthur, if our gate fell by two thirds, lets say down to 8000........ it would at least send a message, I think the simple answer to this, is Newcastle fans won''t put up with naff football, where as we on the other hand, have come to expect it and even feel it''s inappropriate to complain in case we upset somebody or make a scene!Newcastle are going through a bad run but my bet is they would never slip as badly as us or take as many years as we have trying to recover

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I think there are two ways at looking at this Arthur, if our gate fell by two thirds, lets say down to 8000........ it would at least send a message, I think the simple answer to this, is Newcastle fans won''t put up with naff football, where as we on the other hand, have come to expect it and even feel it''s inappropriate to complain in case we upset somebody or make a scene!
Newcastle are going through a bad run but my bet is they would never slip as badly as us or take as many years as we have trying to recover
[/quote]

But surely the point of the original poster is that, in comparison to the size of support and finance they achieve (easily large enough to be considered on a par with the ''big four'') they HAVE slipped as badly as us and they have been attempting to recover for the last thirty odd years. Do you honestly think that their level of achievement has been acceptable for a club with their level of backing and finance - because I don''t. And , as a side note, from what I''ve seen they have put up with some very naff football indeed - the current situation being the latest in a long line of excellent examples.       

They have certainly under achieved Mac, I''m not disputing that but they are still way ahead of us on every level, which ever way you look at it, although I haven''t looked back to the original poster, I believe he was calling the Toon army tw@ts or something similar

[quote]

[img]http://i25.tinypic.com/290vpcy.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I know the Owner of the message board.... Birmingham Fan.... Decent chap.

jas :)

Ha''way the yeller an'' green lad''s!........

[8]"Th-ow shall get a Fishy - for singin'' On the ball City.........Th-ow shall get a bloater - when Roeder get''s a win" [8]

[8]"Dance for yer Delia, sing for a potato peeler.........Dance for yer Delia - an'' sing for the media......when Roeder get''s a Win!"[8]