Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

This weeks NCISA article.....

Yes well done you :o) , NCISA knew what they were doing when they recruited you onto their committee [:)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]By David Maidstone. Superb IMO, i recommend a read.[/quote]

It''s okay.  I mean, it''s clever, but it''s old ground and easier to moan (even cleverly) than come up with constructive ideas or pragmatic ways forward.  What kind of theatre would you run, Mr. Maidstone?  We''re tired of tragedies and farces alright, but satirical revues won''t get us far either.

I must say that, as I was reading David''s article, I had a very similar reaction to Mr. Chops. Just a clever way of aiming a few darts rather than looking for a solution. The Friends of the Theatre should not be overly concerned as production directors ( managers ) are more often fired before they walk out. As with directors for theatre and film production, football managers are usually lined up to offer their services for the next vacancy. Mr. Roeder has enjoyed some good early press. Let''s see if the average football fan/poster is as complimentary when a couple of seasons have rolled by.

Glenn may well turn out to be good for Norwich City but there are moments in his history when, in my view, he has had good spending money available to him and the performers he hired didn''t live up to the billing, let alone the overall production. Tomas Repka is such an example who was signed by Roeder 7 years ago for 5.5 million pounds.

I thought it was good.......But, then again, I''m not a fan of the board.......or the Chief Exec.......or those who don''t agree with me.[:P]

Fair points Mr Chops and Yankee, and I admit it is using satire (even poor satire) to try and make a point.  I am not trying to argue that the Production Director is a world beater, just that he see''s the success of the theatre as a means to improving its success through better performers, and the reinvestment of the revenue that he has ultimately helped to generate..

Indeed the "Friends" analogy is only trying to show that quality in itself is a justifiable aim, just as profitability is, and that we ignore quality at our peril.

As with all moans and points that critics try to make, the ultimate test is what happens in the future, and I for one will gladly apologise should significant funds be made avaailable, or that the football department appears to once again be given the priority it deserves.

Those who know me (including those at the club) will know I likedebate, but equally will happily admit when I am wrong.

To all I would say, come and debate with me after the Glenn Roeder evening next Monday, and indeed join me in asking questions of our "Production Director".