Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Summer targets:

In the summer it sounds like we are going to be spending money at Carrow Road and we are going to need players in all positions, heres some ideas:

Defender, we need a centre back and maybe a right back: CB, Taylor (if he wants to sign), Pearce (if he keeps playing well).  There is also Blackpool''s Michael Jackson I like too. /RB, I cant think of any off my head so I will need some help from you guys.

Midfielder, we need a centre midfielder and a left midfielder: CM, I always like Palace''s Ben Watson (maybe aiming a bit to high),  I also remeber a huge bloke playing for Derby but I dont know his name!. LM, I would like Bertrand to stay and I also like the look of Blackpool''s Wes Houlahan.

Striker, We need a target man and a prolific goal scorer: Martin Paterson from Scunny, he looks quite good I would like to have him here.  Andy Bishop from Bury, he is prolific in league 2 and I think we should be the team to give him ago at a higher level.

Anyone I missed if I have let me know.

We should be aiming higher than Bishop. I do not want to see another Peter Thorne-esque error! He is not good enough. He has never been and will never be good enough. If he was, he would be somewhere other than Bury.I think we will look to lower leagues, but top end of league one.I''d guess clubs chasing promotion from league one should be watching over their shoulders for us, regardless of whether or not they get promoted (Except Leeds who should only be watching if they don''t come up!)

I really hope we get Martin Patterson form Scunny. I really rate him - hes not a specific target man or poacher he is a good alround striker. I believe even if we paid up to £1.5 m for him we would be getting a very good deal.

We will only get cheap kiddie loans, free cast offs or at best, very cheap cast offs.............stop getting your hopes up..........again![:S]

good premiership players who aren''t getting a showing like shoela ameobi ..

or league one players who are surpassing the standard .. will be cheap .. and  could become a useful aquasation to the club !

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

or league one players who are surpassing the standard .. will be cheap .. and  could become a useful aquasation to the club !

[/quote]

Jamie Cureton

jas :)

boyo says we need a target man. NO THANKS we play to direct now,lets get a creative midfield and pass it on the ground .You dont see the top teams in the country hoofing it up to a target man,they play proper football not kick and chase.I rember when Norwich fc were classed as a passing side!!!

nahh we do need a target man .. hasn''t every good club got one ?

some who can hold it and then lay it off .. it''s vital for sucess so it seems .. and if we can get a goal scoring one (happy days !)

why not get both a play maker and a target man .. look at sidibe for stoke .. he''s a handfull ! so is odejayi i think most people would be happy to see someone similar making an arrival at norwich ..

dont see the likes of  Man u and Arsnal relying on a target man .I think the likes of stoke wont stand a chance against a footballing side in the prem.

Someone mentioned Kris Commons, that would be an awesome signing, he''s a very good player who''d do a good job for us, for a target man i''d go for Chris Iwelumo from Charlton, if they do go up this year I doubt they''d require his services in the premiership. For defenders obviously I''d go for Martin Taylor to partner the Doc (Sell Shackell!!!!!!!) or if not Taylor then someone like Fitz Hall. Paterson would be a good signing from Scunthorpe, though I think he''d be more of a bench player, not too sure who we could sign as an out and out goalscorer as goalscorers cost a lot of money which we don''t have. Have to look through the lower leagues I think (search for a Kevin Doyle type bargain).  Perhaps that kid at leeds, Beckford is it?

[quote user="rich2408"]dont see the likes of  Man u and Arsnal relying on a target man .I think the likes of stoke wont stand a chance against a footballing side in the prem.[/quote]

Isn''t Emanuel Adabayor about 6''3", that sure sounds like a target man to me.  Wayne Rooney is physically one of the strongest players in the league.    Peter Crouch, Andrei Voronin & Dirk Kuyt are all tall strong forward men.  Torres is also 6''+.  Didier Drogba....

Just becuase you play with a target man doesn''t mean that every ball needs to be a long punt up field.  What it does is gives you an option to punt long either to counter attack, or just mix the play up a bit.  It also gives you a physical presence in the box for crosses which normally occur after some slicking passing play.

Its irrelevant whether or not the current Stoke will be able to perform against a prem team becuase they are in the Championship.  It requires a different type of team to get out of this league which is why so many promoted sides struggle, and why so many relegated sides fail to go back up.

We are not going down this year a few patchy results against decent sides isnt the end of the world.  The bottom 2 are sorted and there are a number of teams far worse than us down there....

Next season well Taylor and Birmingham should want to do a deal quick sharp so i see that one happenning.

Hoolahan from Blackpool would be a good Hucks replacement as would Bell at Luton or Parry at Cardiff. Striker wise i think Roeder will spend a bit of cash so the likes of Zamora/Ameobi/Mcbride even Evans if Seven spends could be options with maybe a bit of cash spent on a lower league talent to add depth.  Midfield  Howard at Barnsley would be great but maybe to pricy after cup exploints Jay Tabb at Cov or Garcia at Hull.

Any ideas on Prem or lower league players?

You seem to forget that Roeder is in charge and he does like his Premiership players, for which i''m kinda grateful. I would imagine we will get more youngsters on loan and people who fail to get into Premiership first teams, maybe:

Hoyte - Arsenal (only on loan, and then we''d be forced to play him)

Taylor - Brum

Vaz Te - Bolton

Ashton - Fulham (that''s Nathan not Deano)

Craddock - Boro

Ameobi - Newcastle

Zamora - West Ham

Biased as I am, I would fancy Hungary international Priskin, who is currenly on a one-month-loan at PNE (as a strike partner to Cris Brown) from Watford, where he is down in the pecking order. He''s young (21), tall  (6''1") but has Premiership and international experience. Watford bought him for an undisclosed fee, estimates range beween 150k and 1m, I guess 500k-1m could buy him.  I actually thought he could be a loan target...

[quote user="kick it off"]We should be aiming higher than Bishop. I do not want to see another Peter Thorne-esque error! He is not good enough. He has never been and will never be good enough. If he was, he would be somewhere other than Bury.[/quote]I take it you''ve never seen him play? I''ve seen him a good number of times when he was with York and he''s a classy striker with an eye for goal.  He''d be worth a gamble since he''d be unlikely to cost the Earth...As for the rest of the team, I''d certainly like to see Taylor come in, despite all the recent furore, but as for the rest... well, I dunno... that''s Glenn''s job! [:P]