Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

"5 or 6 New Players", says Malkay on TV

So there we have it. According to Malkay, whilst on "Goals On Sunday", Nigel has said that we will be signing 5 or 6 new players!! But I guess its what most of us thought - a goalkeeper; a central defender; a couple of midfielders (one wide right) and a striker or two. All we have to do is wait and see who thay are going to be.
As to Malkay''s "performance" I though he was very modest and unassuming, and he made a good case for us a Club...top man...should be captain!!

5/6 would be a good number for me.

Goalkeeper- Gallagher
Central Defender- Your guess is as good as mine!
Central Midfielder- Eeeerrrrr?????
Right Midfielder- Bryan Hughes.
Target man- Crouchy
Another striker- Bentley on loan

Yeah, I wish!!

It''s all gone quiet on the Maurice Ross front (right back at Rangers) Any city fans North of the border heard anything?

Given the players we have lost already since the seasons end this has to by about the right number.

However I would say that we only need 1 new striker not two and would sign two defenders and two midfielders, along with a keeper.

At this stage I would say names are impossible to predict - so much out of contract choice with NWs ability to surprise means I am not going to try and second guess him at this stage!

OTBC

5 or 6 is the bare minimum required to make up for the loss of roberts, crichton, sinclair, easton.. its not conjecture.. its a fact.. we dont have enough players at the moment.. Ive heard a whjisper about Ashton from Crewe.. possibly with Rivers going the other way.. as one of the deals.. but that would still leave us down numerically! I wish something would happen soon... im bursting...

Will you lot calm down?!?

Obviously NW is waiting for the Euros to finish to ensure his targets don''t get injured.

Things are in hand Im sure - trust NW!

At last - are your really saying that we are looking to buy internationals??

I cant see us affording those from the Dutch,Italian Spanish, Portuguese, French or English squads and I suspect the likes of Latvia, Russia and Greece will prove too large a risk. NW has a healthy disregard for foreign talent - the one thing he learnt from Hamilton - so suspect most will come from existing prem teams or youngsters with potenial.

Bring on Purse, quickly followed by Pennant..