Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Dion for Player of the Year!

DD has been terrific for us since he signed. We all know it''s his last year of pro-football, so let''s give him the honour and a proper send-off. Nobody has particularly stood out this season, and I can''t think of anyone more deserving. I thought he should have won last year, but thats just my opinion, but let''s give it to Big D this year. Dion, Dion, Dion!

this''ll be contraversial but, don''t get me wrong I think Dion has been absolutely fantastic for us, but his last few performances have not been up to his usual high standard. considering he''s 38 and getting to the end of his career you can''t blame him i guess

the games v Blackpool and Stoke he seemed reluctant to jump for the ball (but then their defenders are pretty tall anyway). and at Coventry it was clearly a mistake to play him up front on his own.

he is certainly the most intelligent player we have, and there probably is no better candidate for player of the season. i''m very impressed with Crofty (again contraversial) but maybe he is the most improved player of the year

the only other candidates are maybe Evans and Bertrand but they haven''t been here long enough and only on loan anyway. No doubt Fozzy will win it!

You are right. Dion should have won it last year and what better way to end his illustrious career. Winning the player of the year at fortress Carrow Road. He still has more ability than half the other players on the pitch, and his intelligence, vision and experience is second to none. So the player of the season should be, the man himself, the tripod, The Legend that is Dion Dublin

I agree that it would be a fitting send off for him. [:D]

ched evans for me .. he''s been insturmental since we signed him on loan .. i know he''s not a norwich player officialy but he''s offered what the clubs needed for a long time ..

but if not it has to be the DD he''s a machine !

I think it''s almost impossible to pick a player of the year. All of the possible candidates have massive drawbacks:Russell - probably our most influential player, but can you give the POTY to a guy who gets sent off twice in two games and misses five crucial matches as a result?Marshall - stunning point-blank saves balanced out by a very dubious command of his area.Fozzy - only played half the seasonDublin - undoubtedly the sentimental choice. His leadership was the only thing that kept heads above water at the start of the season. It would be a wonderful send off for him. But, I can''t remember the last time he actually had a good game. He undoubtedly is a massive influence on the rest of the players, and a great example to them all, but his goalscoring record up front this season has been pretty poor, and his play as target man has got worse and worse. I really can''t think of anyone else. The guy who suggested Croft is presumably having a laugh. I think I might vote for Roeder. Or Hartson.

Very tough choice. Very much the lesser of several evils. From what I have seen, head says marshall while heart says Dion. Id happily give it to Dion as he could have easily won it last year.

No room for sentiment in football! I wouldnt give him player of the year.

Marshall has done well, russels impressed also. Evans has done well but with limited games, it will certainly be an interesting and controversial decision. But, for me, DD hasnt done enough.

I think that Dion should get it. He has been our most consistent player this year.Surprised no-one has mentioned the Doc as a contender, i think he has been bloody brilliant for us since Taylor departed.

Gary Doherty gets my vote. Defended/played well pretty much all season. He''s also had to endure a lot of stick from the crowd when really he hasn''t done much wrong. Only ever speaks positively about the club and is as committed as anyone else on the pitch.

I think Darel Russell has had a good season too, even if things aren''t coming off for him he never stops running and much like the Doc he''ll chuck himself into and infront of anything to help the team.

David Marshall is worth a shout too, fair enough he''s made some errors but he''s also made some brilliant saves and won us plenty of points through his shot stopping.

Having said all that I''d be surprised if Dion didn''t win it. He''s not been great this season and recently he''s really struggled but he''s a hero and people will want him to have the award. I''d prefer Gary Doherty to win it as he''s played better than Dion this season overall and has also had to put up with all the stick that Dion hasn''t.

To give the trophy to Dion would totally devalue it. Dion is not worth his place in the team let alone player of the season, he is only being picked on reputation. His performances for the last 5 or 6 games have been appaulling. A combination of age any fitness are making him look a lazy player.

[quote user="noz4lyf"]

ched evans for me .. he''s been insturmental since we signed him on loan .. i know he''s not a norwich player officialy but he''s offered what the clubs needed for a long time ..

but if not it has to be the DD he''s a machine !

[/quote]

He''s only been here half the season so how can he be player of the year?

Dion or Russell for me.

Give it to Dublin, he has played well this season and ever since he has been at Norwich he has been influecial, probably one of the best Worthington ever signed, and it would be a fitting tribute to the end of his career.

[quote user="jbghost"]To give the trophy to Dion would totally devalue it. Dion is not worth his place in the team let alone player of the season, he is only being picked on reputation. His performances for the last 5 or 6 games have been appaulling. A combination of age any fitness are making him look a lazy player.[/quote]

I think it''s you''re spelling thats appalling*, as well as your opinion. Dion is certainly not lazy, and even now you can see his class above everyone else on the park. But thats just my opinion, of course!

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="San Miguel"]

and at Coventry it was clearly a mistake to play him up front on his own.[/quote]

is that his fault?

[/quote]

that was my point, that clearly was not his fault

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="jbghost"]To give the trophy to Dion would totally devalue it. Dion is not worth his place in the team let alone player of the season, he is only being picked on reputation. His performances for the last 5 or 6 games have been appaulling. A combination of age any fitness are making him look a lazy player.[/quote] I think it''s you''re spelling thats appalling*, as well as your opinion. Dion is certainly not lazy, and even now you can see his class above everyone else on the park. But thats just my opinion, of course![/quote]

I''m astonished Dion can play at all whilst balancing that halo on his head.