Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

FREEFALLING!

We are in freefall and as we know from past bitter experience it is VERY difficult to get out of.

Next week, a side away we seldom do anything against and they will look to kick out boys off the park.

Thereafter some tough home games and I wouldn''t take us to beat Colchester at the moment because we simply cannot buy a goal.

The problem is: we don''t get behind defences and our final ball is too slow or too poor. We actually have a decent team until the last third going forwards.

Roeder will be fighting to keep confidence high because he cannot afford the team to become anxious, however, he and the players got complacent, took their eye off the ball and now cannot stop the rot.

If we don''t go down it will be mighty close and it may need 52 or 54 points, never mind 50.

Oh! I forgot to mention. Glenn is relying heavily on players who already have futures at their Premiership clubs and others who don''t know if they will get a contract or know they are on the way out anyway. Where is the incentive?

Glenn said people are playing for their careers. It is a bigger picture than that Glenn.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Oh! I forgot to mention. Glenn is relying heavily on players who already have futures at their Premiership clubs and others who don''t know if they will get a contract or know they are on the way out anyway. Where is the incentive?

Glenn said people are playing for their careers. It is a bigger picture than that Glenn.

[/quote]

I know things seem bad but G.R''s job was to keep us up and it would appear that he is well on course to do that . KTF !

I agree totally.  Complacency set in after the transfer window when we started to change a successful team and have thrown away an excellent chance of making the play-offs. It is almost as if we deliberately wanted to avoid success this season!!

It all started for me with the selection of Gibbs instead of Pattison to start at home to Hull on Feb 12. This was followed by selection of the lightweight Henry from the start against Leicester away when Huckerby was fit. It seems to me that Glenn has learned from these selection errors and has reverted to the proven pre-window players, but we have unfortunately been depleted recently by the ''suicidal'' sendings-off of Russell.

I am still confident that we will avoid the drop but we must always play our strongest available team to achieve this.

the only one really making sense on here is c.t for a change

roeder was bought in to keep norwich up, back in nov/dec many of you lot would have been delighted to stay up, your truly expectating why to much if you think otherwise

you bang on about playoffs and how your blew it etc... bascially you needed automatic form for 2/3 season to reach them, this isnt impossible but id say you had 1% chance reaching playoffs when roeder took over

i agree comments about jan window, i personally think norwich should of built squad ready for next year, not build it in summer

but you cant critisise till the summer is out and you know who is in that squad and what roeders done

You are missing the point we8wba. It is about taking the foot off the pedal - especially when faced with four tough games and then an unpredicatable Col U side followed by a tough run in. Once a side gets into a freefalling rut and the players begin to get nervous it is a very difficult thing to halt.

Yes, the performance last night was good but once again we cannot score goals or make good chances. In the first 20 minutes we moved the ball around at speed and looked good.......but there was no end result nor a working of the keeper.

On top of all this the league has equalised and sides at the bottom are getting results. It is wafer thin and one or two sides will end up relegated and looking at one game, just one game with one missed chance or late goal for example which cost them their status.

Every season in every league one side drops from nowhere......I am worried it might be us.

Maybe the squad can run out onto the pitch to Tom Petty''s ''Freefalling''?

1 win out of 6, the last few performance''s (both home and away) have been ''below par'' to say the least......

I am also quite concerned after peering at the league table - as we''ve dropped a place without even kicking a ball last-night......

I also wonder what kind of a squad we are going to assemble during the close-season - and what finance Glenn (if still at the club) will be given.....

We have no actual ''real quality'' saleable or prospective profitable assets - that we can offload to bring in some dosh........

We haven''t any parachute payment that can halt the ''freefalling''.....

Oh, and the board are pants......but, it''s only a personal opinion..... 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder fails to keep us up, will he have the honour to resign like Grant did.................somehow I doubt it![/quote]

Good to see you keeping in high spirits Wiz.

I find all this talk a bit of an irritation now. If you all want to live in your own world of depression, that''s entirely up to you! Myself, and the majority wide of fans will keep our glasses half full for the forseeable future.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder fails to keep us up, will he have the honour to resign like Grant did.................somehow I doubt it![/quote]Do you think he should resign if we get relegated?

sure, the final third is a problem - both croft and plastic cross without real intent or craft (although the former is improved on that front this term) nor do they get to the back stick when the other one is crossing to look for a goal.  the goals, and even goal efforts have simply dried up for dion, and curo can only volley them in from outside the box.  evans??? always looks dangerous, but his weak free header midweek straight at the stoke keeper shows the boy is also struggling.  i''d continue with plastic away at sheff utd, to keep the game tight, but if hucks is fit, play the boy against colchester and go for the 3 points - putting mo at left back, and plastic on the bench. so agreed rude old - all valid points.  however, my feeling is, if we can fully reproduce that level of performance for the rest of the season, we''ll do alright - and could even pick up a point on sat, and all 3 against colchester.  but......if the boys don''t get started, and produce a ''no-show'' then we could be in real trouble, cos imo - some of our recent performances are only worthy of a team going down - pure relegation class tosh.certainly, interesting - and it could go both ways, but lets all hope the right way for NCFC.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure, the final third is a problem - both croft and plastic cross without real intent or craft (although the former is improved on that front this term) nor do they get to the back stick when the other one is crossing to look for a goal.  the goals, and even goal efforts have simply dried up for dion, and curo can only volley them in from outside the box.  evans??? always looks dangerous, but his weak free header midweek straight at the stoke keeper shows the boy is also struggling.  i''d continue with plastic away at sheff utd, to keep the game tight, but if hucks is fit, play the boy against colchester and go for the 3 points - putting mo at left back, and plastic on the bench.

so agreed rude old - all valid points. 

however, my feeling is, if we can fully reproduce that level of performance for the rest of the season, we''ll do alright - and could even pick up a point on sat, and all 3 against colchester. 

but......if the boys don''t get started, and produce a ''no-show'' then we could be in real trouble, cos imo - some of our recent performances are only worthy of a team going down - pure relegation class tosh.

certainly, interesting - and it could go both ways, but lets all hope the right way for NCFC.

[/quote]

who?

[quote user=" C.T"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure, the final third is a problem - both croft and plastic cross without real intent or craft (although the former is improved on that front this term) nor do they get to the back stick when the other one is crossing to look for a goal.  the goals, and even goal efforts have simply dried up for dion, and curo can only volley them in from outside the box.  evans??? always looks dangerous, but his weak free header midweek straight at the stoke keeper shows the boy is also struggling.  i''d continue with plastic away at sheff utd, to keep the game tight, but if hucks is fit, play the boy against colchester and go for the 3 points - putting mo at left back, and plastic on the bench. so agreed rude old - all valid points.  however, my feeling is, if we can fully reproduce that level of performance for the rest of the season, we''ll do alright - and could even pick up a point on sat, and all 3 against colchester.  but......if the boys don''t get started, and produce a ''no-show'' then we could be in real trouble, cos imo - some of our recent performances are only worthy of a team going down - pure relegation class tosh.certainly, interesting - and it could go both ways, but lets all hope the right way for NCFC.

[/quote]

who?

[/quote]plastic - as in plastic bertrand - a one hit wonder from the late 70''s/early 80''s?  did he pass you by or before your time CT?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder fails to keep us up, will he have the honour to resign like Grant did.................somehow I doubt it![/quote]

Why should he resign?  We were massively odds-on to go down when he took over.  Even if the horror of League 1 does occur, I''d back Roeder to get us out of it.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]If Roeder fails to keep us up, will he have the honour to resign like Grant did.................somehow I doubt it![/quote]Do you think he should resign if we get relegated?[/quote]I dont thats for sure, people seem to have short memories as to what glen inherited.The fact he even got us away from the relegation zone at all is amazing.At the end of the day, the buck stops with the players, there meant to be pro´s, shame the very rarely act like it.