Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

who do we blame

Blame?  Bet you have been itching to start this thread and just waiting for a bad run to spread poison again along with the rest of the clucky clan.

This is ludicrous - we SHOULD have been relegated already, yet we are in the position of having the luxury of a poor run and still being competitive.

As it is we have every chance of staying up which was always the aim and going to be struggle considering our start. 

Pathetic.

[quote user="ricky knight"]With Roeder classed as a God after our good run, who is to blame for the slump?, just asking.[/quote]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

I blame Roeder & the Board for this

Should have got a striker in January instead of the cheap option of Gibbs/Henry

I blame Roeder for these

Shouldn''t keep changing the team especially if they''ve won the previous game

Shouldn''t have played one up front against Coventry.

I also blame Evans and Curo for the missed chances last night.

[/quote]

Blunt, but sadly very true Angel.[:''(]

[/quote]

Probably was a tad harsh but thats how I feel today!

Hear, hear.  Why on earth we let a few idiots have a voice on this message board bigger than the reality of the situation is beyond me.

[quote user="YellowIce"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="YellowIce"]

I blame fans like the ones on this thread for feeding on a negative atmosphere and forces everyona associated with the club to play the blame game.

You lot make me sick.

[/quote]

All it is is snipes with you Mr. Apologist. Do you think we were good enough last night? Do you think Glenn should have tinkered with the team resulting in our poor form of late? Do you think some of his tactical decisions have been woreful (i.e. coventry)?

In my opinion you don''t add anything. You don''t make any decent points and are just the anti-smudger.
[/quote]

I have always posted well thought out points but recently have become fed up with the fact that they do not surface or make a dent on this message board full of scathing criticism of a team that we knew were below par but look like they may acheive the goal that we all wanted set when we were 6 points adrift - to survive!

At the momement the goalposts for Glen keep changing. We all wanted loans . . got them - but then didnt want them. Wanted to be safe then wanted playoffs.

I know what you are saying about tinkering with a winning team, but we knew we were not going up this season so i would rather keep premiership managers happy and willing to send their players to us by playing them.

We do not have the resources and it has been well documented that we do not have the player pulling power of many clubs. Loans are probably a good way forward for us.

Also this madness of why didnt we spend loads in January? WTF? Pay over the top prices only to get nowhere anyway.

A very few pinkun posters try to look for the positives in our club - they may be few but are you all depressed people?

BUT do you want to know the biggest gripe i have with you lot? The fact that i think you would be happy to drive away a manager, who to anyone who really thinks about Norwich''s situation, that has a realistic chance of getting our club to where we all want it to be. He was not in the frame for director of football at arsenal for nothing.

He needs at least years to develop our acadamy, our team and our chances. Also you keep all saying but we get 25K fans? SO what - attendances account for nothing in the new media world. Look at newcastle 50k+ fans and a lot of good managers have struggled!

If the fans drive out Glen before he has a good chance to change our club we will never get better and it will be your fault. 

[/quote]

Touchy so and so aint you JC, it was a straight forward question which others have answered honestly either way, other people have started similar threads without your childish intervention, seems to me its the case of the truth hurting. I have no wish to see the club i have supported for 40 yrs get relegated i just hold different views to you on the cause and healing of our problem. You are so blinkered, i send the word PATHETIC, back to you. 

I blame the fans....stupid expectations continously heap pressure on the players and whoever the manager is if he doesn''t win in 2 games he is slated...one word comes to mind FICKLE, oh and another word FICKLE, actually two words FICKLE, FICKLE...

I "blame" anyone who thought we might do better than stay up this season, and I blame those currently running their mouths off with the same old "sky is falling" nonsense for the turgid and depressing atmosphere around here (and the ground) at the moment.

If we finish 18th, we need to remember that this, given our position in November, is a GOOD thing and an achievement to be proud of - not the prompt for more wailing and gnashing of teeth from the predictable few.

We tried to sign two strikers.  One of them checked out of his hotel and legged it.  We couldn''t agree a price on the other.  Would you rather our club was held to ransom & we paid over the odds for another Peter Thorne/Chris Brown?

We will survive.

You''re all making Smudger seem reasonable.

I find myself in the realistic and relieved to be where we are camp. BUT watching Cardiff and Barnsley in the F.A (which I rate as the best Club knock out competition in the world) did make me feel uneasy to say the least. Why have we been so crap in this great competition for so long? As a ''Bread and Roses'' guy, I have always though the Cup was a great way to raise cash (by going as far as we can) as well as grab some glory. I hated the way we lost to Chelsea in the Cup not that long ago, and we were all clapping each other on the back, and accepting the patronising plaudits of the commentators. Well, Barnsley showed how it should be done, forget gallant losers, they took the poseurs on and won! So there you are, that''s my moan. Reasons to be cheerful - watching Gippeswyk in the play-offs.

I have never been one to say we would get the the playoffs, read my post i kept saying the run was papering over the cracks. Yes we might survive, just, i really hope we do contrary to beliefs on here but i will never be blxxdy happy or satisfied to finish 21st or even in the bottom ten, its neglect we are the position we are in if you lot cant see it, then so be it, some of us aint so easily pleased and will keep saying so till we see progress but never doubt we are as much Norwich City fans as you with the tinted glasses.

Whilst many on this board are laying the blame for our failure to score at Curetons feet look at the statistics in tonights EEN.

Eleven defenders - Drury Otsemobor Camara Shackell Doherty Bertrand Pearce Velasco Bates Murray Spillane - have made 157 appearances in 38 league games (I appreciate some of these may only be as substitute) Number of goals scored NIL. Martin Taylor made eight appearances and scored 2 goals.  Docherty and Shackell have both had plenty of chances all to no avail perhaps we should start looking at the quality of defenders and the quality of set pieces and therefore the coaching.

Eight midfielders - Brellier Fotheringham Gibbs Jarvis Rossi Lappin Pattinson Russell Smith - have made 113 appearances in the same numberof games and scored five yes just five goals with Russell scoring three the discarded Lappin one and our midfield dynamo and captain scoring the other one.

Twelve forwards Brown Chadwick Croft Cureton Dublin Evans Hartson Henry Huckerby Jarvis Ryan Martin Strivahka  have made 194 appearances scoring 27 goals. Take out Curetons 9 Evans 6 and Dublins 5 its perhaps the other forwards that criticism should be aimed at Croft has 1 in 36 appearances. The overall picture in goalscoring terms is that the defence and midfield are underperforming far more than the forwards coupled with the fact that our midfield are woefully weak maybe Roeder will need more than 15 replacements.(It would appear that one goal is unaccounted for as we have actually scored 35).

Its too easy to blame Cureton, the team is short on pace and class needed, Roeder has done well with the defence but going forward we lack guile and class needed to open teams up. We never dominate games and even when winning seem to cling on for a result. We need major money spending if we are to turn things round.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Whilst many on this board are laying the blame for our failure to score at Curetons feet look at the statistics in tonights EEN.

Eleven defenders - Drury Otsemobor Camara Shackell Doherty Bertrand Pearce Velasco Bates Murray Spillane - have made 157 appearances in 38 league games (I appreciate some of these may only be as substitute) Number of goals scored NIL. Martin Taylor made eight appearances and scored 2 goals.  Docherty and Shackell have both had plenty of chances all to no avail perhaps we should start looking at the quality of defenders and the quality of set pieces and therefore the coaching.

Eight midfielders - Brellier Fotheringham Gibbs Jarvis Rossi Lappin Pattinson Russell Smith - have made 113 appearances in the same numberof games and scored five yes just five goals with Russell scoring three the discarded Lappin one and our midfield dynamo and captain scoring the other one.

Twelve forwards Brown Chadwick Croft Cureton Dublin Evans Hartson Henry Huckerby Jarvis Ryan Martin Strivahka  have made 194 appearances scoring 27 goals. Take out Curetons 9 Evans 6 and Dublins 5 its perhaps the other forwards that criticism should be aimed at Croft has 1 in 36 appearances. The overall picture in goalscoring terms is that the defence and midfield are underperforming far more than the forwards coupled with the fact that our midfield are woefully weak maybe Roeder will need more than 15 replacements.(It would appear that one goal is unaccounted for as we have actually scored 35).

[/quote]re croft - if you watch him you can see why he never scores - he doesn''t take up goalscoring posi''s.  he should be closer to the right post when play is out on the left wing, instead he stands just inside the box - too far away from the action.  the poor lad hasn''t got a shot in him to save his lif weither unfortunately.  roeder should be chewing crofty''s ear off to go looking for bleedin goals........

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I "blame" anyone who thought we might do better than stay up this season, and I blame those currently running their mouths off with the same old "sky is falling" nonsense for the turgid and depressing atmosphere around here (and the ground) at the moment.

If we finish 18th, we need to remember that this, given our position in November, is a GOOD thing and an achievement to be proud of - not the prompt for more wailing and gnashing of teeth from the predictable few.

We tried to sign two strikers.  One of them checked out of his hotel and legged it.  We couldn''t agree a price on the other.  Would you rather our club was held to ransom & we paid over the odds for another Peter Thorne/Chris Brown?

We will survive.

[/quote]

It`s the fact that the club were not prepared to pay "over the odds" (ie. the going rate) for a quality striker that landed us with Thorne and Brown in the first place [:|]. How long were we without a target-man after Ashton left? If your transfer policy consists solely of rummaging around in the last-minute bargain bin you may turn up the odd cheap gem, but you`ll also be left paying wages to alot of dross who contribute nothing.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its too easy to blame Cureton, the team is short on pace and class needed, Roeder has done well with the defence but going forward we lack guile and class needed to open teams up. We never dominate games and even when winning seem to cling on for a result. We need major money spending if we are to turn things round.[/quote]

agree 100% Ricky.. Great post!

jas :)

[quote user="Mr Carrow"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

We will survive.

[/quote]

It`s the fact that the club were not prepared to pay "over the odds" (ie. the going rate) for a quality striker that landed us with Thorne and Brown in the first place. How long were we without a target-man after Ashton left? If your transfer policy consists solely of rummaging around in the last-minute bargain bin you may turn up the odd cheap gem, but you`ll also be left paying wages to alot of dross who contribute nothing.

[/quote]Strange how you should use Peter Thorne as an example Mr Carrow. Cardiff paid Stoke £1.75m for him and then let us have him free because they couldn''t afford his wages. I assume from your post you would have been happier if we had have paid ''the going rate'' for him. Didn''t do Cardiff much good did it ?   [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mr Carrow"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

We will survive.

[/quote]

It`s the fact that the club were not prepared to pay "over the odds" (ie. the going rate) for a quality striker that landed us with Thorne and Brown in the first place. How long were we without a target-man after Ashton left? If your transfer policy consists solely of rummaging around in the last-minute bargain bin you may turn up the odd cheap gem, but you`ll also be left paying wages to alot of dross who contribute nothing.

[/quote]Strange how you should use Peter Thorne as an example Mr Carrow. Cardiff paid Stoke £1.75m for him and then let us have him free because they couldn''t afford his wages. I assume from your post you would have been happier if we had have paid ''the going rate'' for him. Didn''t do Cardiff much good did it ?   [:^)]

[/quote]

Cardiff paid out for Thorne when he was 26/27, at the peak of his powers and he became a hero there. We signed him at 32/33 when it was probably obvious to Cardiff that he was in decline and not worth the big wages they were paying for him. We ditched Iwan at the same age and he struggled to find another club if you remember.

Typical of most people''s mentality today that there always has to be someone to blame for everything.  It''s football FFS and we can''t all be in the Prem. Rather than blame and criticism and abuse, why not enjoy supporting your club as loyal supporters, through thick and thin and all that. If not, go and do something else.