Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Team and Score vs Sheff United.

I will go with;

Marshall

Semmy      Pearce            Shax          Bertrand

Croft         Fozzy              Russel        Hux

Evans             Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Velasco, Gibbs, (That young lad who was on the bench v Stoke), Dublin.

Score: I think we will win this one, a 1-0 win for City!!

I think Velasco is injured, so I would put Doc on the bench or even in the starting 11. The rest I would run with. I''m hoping that Beatie is out.

Marshall, Doherty, Pearce, Shackell, Bertrand, Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Huckerby, Dublin, Evans

Subs: Gilks, Otsemobor, Pattison, Gibbs, Cureton

if doherty and russell are still suspended, then have otsemobor and pattison in for both and some other subs.

I''m thinking that we will probably get a draw tomorrow - on the whole I think our away form under GR has generally been more impressive than our home form, and if we start with the right XI and right mindset then should be more than capable. 

My XI would be:  Marshall, Otsemobor, Pearce, Shackell, Bertrand, Croft, Fozzy, Pattison (Rusty is banned), Evans, Cureton, Hucks; Subs: Gilks, Doc, DD, Gibbs and either Daley or Camara - would be one of Spillane/Martin, but it does sound like their minds are elsewhere - they really do need to knuckle down and prove themselves.

If I''m honest, I never expected anything from the last 2 games (Coventry having always been a bogey side, Stoke being up at the top were always likely to edge it even though we played ok), but fully expected 4pts (or more) from the coming two games - whether we get them is of course the big question; the pressure will certainly be on for next Saturday should we lose.

I will go with;

Marshall

Semmy      Pearce            Shax          mo

Croft         Fozzy              matty patty        plastic

Evans             Cureton

if we perform to same level as we did on tuesday night, i''d look to get a draw here minimum, and even sneak 3 points.  if we no show - then no point''s i''m afraid.  doubt if the city squad or roeder can be entirely confident how they''ll turn out!!!

Gilks

Pearce   Doherty   Shackell

Croft   Fotheringham   Pattison   Bertrand

Huckerby

Evans      Cureton      

Everyone has picked Hucks but is he really up to 90 minutes? I can''t help thinking he needs to put in a couple of decent performances or Roeder won''t offer him a contract for next season. We can''t afford to pay top wages for someone who''s injured for half the season.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Everyone has picked Hucks but is he really up to 90 minutes? I can''t help thinking he needs to put in a couple of decent performances or Roeder won''t offer him a contract for next season. We can''t afford to pay top wages for someone who''s injured for half the season.[/quote]

Huckerby is a risk but a risk worth taking. He''s a potential match winner which is more than be said for much of the alternatives.

Its time to give Saint Dion a rest, Gilks a chance and Otsemebor is a defender who frankly cannot defend. And Camara is a joke.

As for Huckerby next season i''m sure if he stays his wages will reflect his contribution and having him for half the season would be preferable to not at all.