Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Not safe yet...

Following on from Dion''s very correct words the other day that we are far from safe I''ve written my firs blog in a while. 

click here to have a read if your bored listening to us getting bullied by those big, nasty Stoke boys tomorrow night or if your just bored at work, lol.

It''s entitled ''Survival far from Secure'' and I''d be interested to hear your views on where were going to get the needed points from our remaining fixtures......

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/freezeframe.aspx

Two wins (Col Utd and QPR both at home would do nicely) and it''s job done. Too many poor teams between us and the bottom three.

I agree with Pete that there are too many poor teams between us and the bottom for us to worry too much. I''m expecting 3 points tonight to make us fairly safe and put smiles on everyones faces [:)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Two wins (Col Utd and QPR both at home would do nicely) and it''s job done. Too many poor teams between us and the bottom three.[/quote]

Agreed Pete. This is division is so poor I can''t believe that we will end up as one of the worst 3 sides in it.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Two wins (Col Utd and QPR both at home would do nicely) and it''s job done. Too many poor teams between us and the bottom three.[/quote]

Those two teams will be fighting for their lives, especially QPR, as we know to our costs, no games are certain victories.

[quote user="cityangel"]I agree with Pete that there are too many poor teams between us and the bottom for us to worry too much. I''m expecting 3 points tonight to make us fairly safe and put smiles on everyones faces [:)][/quote]

Think tonight might be the first time Roeder loses two games in a row, especially against the big boys of Stoke and their ''unique brand of football''

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Those two teams will be fighting for their lives, especially QPR, as we know to our costs, no games are certain victories.

[/quote]

ColU are 10 points adrift from safety, even their own fans don''t think there''s any chance of survival. Even if they win all their home games  which I dont think they will, that will still only give them 50 points.

Hopefully a good home win tonight will restore the confidence in the players.  I work with a Charlton fan who saw them play at Shef Utd recently and he said we should get a result there.  Traditionally we play well against the better sides so a point against West Brom is possible.  I would expect to beat Colchester, and probably draw with QPR and Burnley.  I think the local derby will also be a draw.  I cannot see us getting anything from the away games at Bristol City and Shef Wed.  That would  give us a total of 13 points from the last nine fixtures and we should be safe on 59 points.

The thing to watch out for tonight is Rory Delap''s ridiculous long throws, best I''ve ever seen and easily more effective than a corner for them.

He drives them straight at the opposition goalkeeper and Sidibie, Shawcross, Cort or Parkin (if he''s playing) do their best to get on the end of it so Shackell and Pearce are going to have to defend Marhall really well and full-backs can''t give away silly throw in''s.

just the 2 sort of sides we traditionally shoot ourselves in the foot agaisnt!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

just the 2 sort of sides we traditionally shoot ourselves in the foot agaisnt!

jas :)

[/quote]

Not to worry - Lee Camp is due another own goal.

At the moment, off the nine teams between us and a relegation place, seven of them are picking up points tonight. Cardiff are not playing until tomorrow and Coventry the only team tonight that are not in the mix for points so far tonight. We could very easily get dragged right back into this relegation battle. 

Not so sure I agree that this is a poor division, infact I think rather the opposite, that there are very few poor teams in our division. Two of the poorer sides have not done too badly against premiership opposition (Chelsea and Boro). Methinks the prem is not so hot, infact English football generally is much hyped, especially at the top level! The likes of Gazza are just not around, and the Lampards of the prem are nothing more than good players. 

[quote user="Freeza"]

The thing to watch out for tonight is Rory Delap''s ridiculous long throws, best I''ve ever seen and easily more effective than a corner for them.

He drives them straight at the opposition goalkeeper and Sidibie, Shawcross, Cort or Parkin (if he''s playing) do their best to get on the end of it so Shackell and Pearce are going to have to defend Marhall really well and full-backs can''t give away silly throw in''s.

[/quote]

Maybe you should manage the team? [:D] The players might learn something.

[quote user="Freeza"]

[/quote]

Considering we are only 5 points and 4 places off the relegation zone and two of those teams won tonight and 3 of them have games in hand. It doesn''t look as sweet now.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Freeza"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sod''s law isn''t it, ha! We''re certainly not the first team to fall victim to Delap''s bullet throws this season and we wont be the last but it seems Roeder had got them prepared for it and the players just switched off at the wrong moment.

Dissapointing but I took this loss into account in my blog so were still on course to survive, lol.