Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

No goals ... will end in relegation !!!

Our defenders don''t score ...

Our midfielders don''t score ....

Up front .. hardly any goals .. Evans (6), Cureton (9), Dublin (5), Croft (1) Huckerby (3) and our big prospect Chris Martin (0)

No goals in 3 games now... 270 minutes ... not a win in 8 ....

We are 3 points above Sheffield W who have 2 games in hand and play us on the last day !

18NORWICH CITY 39 12 10 17 35 48 46 -13
19Southampton 39 11 12 16 49 66 45 -17
20Leicester City 39 10 14 15 38 36 44 2
21Coventry City 38 12 8 18 39 52 44 -13
22Sheffield Wednesday 37 12 7 18 38 43 43 -5
23Scunthorpe 38 9 11 18 36 55 38 -19
24Colchester United 38 6 15 17 50 64 33 -14

Agreed, cant believe we didnt get a striker in January. Think the board were complacent, and assumed we could save our money to invest over the summer. May end up backfiring.

Will anyone get into double figures?!

Jamie the most likely, obviously, but what a turnaround from his performances last season.

The stupid thing is that the odd goal here and there over the last couple of months might have made the difference between flirting with relegation and chasing the play-offs.

How stupid, therefore, not to push the boat out and buy a striker in January when it was obvious that this was a problem.

Now if rumours are true and Roeder had money to spend in January but chose not to then to me that''s crazy - ok, he might have been ''over-priced'' but what price can you put on survival in the league? How much would relegation cost the Club?

OK, "the player may not have wanted to come here" -every player has his price and if you pay them enough they will come (why on earth would anyone go to a team like Middlesborough otherwise).

''Saving money for the summer'' may prove to be a false economy. I''m not convinced we will get relegated but it might be tight - that''s not complacency but just a feeling that Southampton are worse than us (and that''s saying something).

4 seasons of failure just sticks in my throat - what a stupid position to let the Club get into - and the blame lies firmly with the Board for not sacking Worthington sooner (ideally in the Nov./Dec of the Prem season so that we might have stood a chance of staying up, or failing that on relegation).

We''re still suffering the hangover from that decision to hang onto a failing manager.

They, like me, thought we had more than enough. I still don''t think we will go down. Look on the bright side, at least we are not in Colchesters postition and have a chance to stay up, unlike November.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Agreed, cant believe we didnt get a striker in January. Think the board were complacent, and assumed we could save our money to invest over the summer. May end up backfiring.

[/quote]

How many times will people keep blaming the Board for not buying a striker in Jan??? The money was there, GR bid for a couple of strikers I believe (Paterson and Rasiak) but was unsuccessfull. I am not a Board apologist but it was well documented at the time FGS.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

How many times will people keep blaming the Board for not buying a striker in Jan??? The money was there, GR bid for a couple of strikers I believe (Paterson and Rasiak) but was unsuccessfull. I am not a Board apologist but it was well documented at the time FGS.

[/quote]

Board/Roeder.. You know what I meant. Was aware it was Roeder who turned down the moves, my bad...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]bringing in 4 young loanees, when we''ve already got so many here, in a paper thin squad was reckless in hindsight.  poverty in action...

i personally said at the time too many youngsters

reckon you should gone players like kavanagh whos level headed midfielder

got in early and got whelan before stoke did

as to goals they are a big problem, but norwich pinch the next couple games they be safe and this can be solved in the summer, not to sure who you could get in now to be honest

[/quote]

[/quote]Sources please.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did the club ever confirm that? Obviously there were reports but as far as I''m aware no-one ever confirmed (or denied) these.

The one thing that hopefully will save us, is the fixtures of the other clubs down the bottom. Coventry have to play Sheff Wed twice in 3 weeks. Southampton have a terrible run in, Coventry and Leicester are no better. They all can''t win all of their games. Having said that we desperately need at least 2 wins if not 3.

its really irrespective of what the others do isnt it? WE have to pick up points starting next saturday. people go on about others having to play each other, well that means somebody below us DOES pick up points on us which if we dont means trouble, especially as we have to play teams who are all still in with a shout of play offs or promotion except QPR and Colchester who are fighting like hell too.

It is only a bit of good fortune and our fantastic supporters who can save us now, I fear that the sides confidence is shot once again. Personally, apart from Scunthorpe and Colchester who have far too much to do I think the only team we can finish above is Southampton.

Get set for a nerve jangling end to the season !