Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

People, people, people calm down

Ok it''s not good and yes we are only 3 points behind Sheff Wed and they have 2 games in hand. But there are other teams in the same boat. Southampton and Leicester for a start. Yes good win for Leicester today but that count for 3 points only.

We are back in a fix and we are, at the moment in freefall. We have been lower and we have been in a much worse position this season.

What we need now is for the team to regroup and work hard this week on the one and only thing that matters. To beat Colchester. Do that and you will find another couple of teams below us in that boat come next Saturday tea time.

We have to regroup to as fans. We''re not happy but we can''t do anything about the games that have gone. A great run got us all a bit ahead of ourselves. We were foolish if we thought we were out of the fight. It is a fight and we''re still standing on 2 feet and swinging. We can''t change the past results but we can bloody well raise the roof on Saturday and scare the living crap out of a bunch of player who''s moral is like their league position, rock bottom.

One aim, beat Colchester. Then regroup again and turn our attentions to the next match.

"We have to regroup to as fans. We''re not happy but we can''t do anything about the games that have gone. A great run got us all a bit ahead of ourselves. We were foolish if we thought we were out of the fight. It is a fight and we''re still standing on 2 feet and swinging. We can''t change the past results but we can bloody well raise the roof on Saturday and scare the living crap out of a bunch of player who''s moral is like their league position, rock bottom."

Brilliantly put.

We need to get behind the team next saturday, and not sit in silence mumbling and grumbling.

In times like this some teams fans will really get behind the team because no one wants to go down. I have a feeling there are a few fans here who would like to see us go down just so they can say ''I told you so''

Lets raise the roof saturday, we are in serious trouble, lets do all we can to lift the team and fight off league one.

Too right, winning the Colchester game is a must!  Looking at the forthcoming fixtures I don''t think we''ll get anything from WBA at home or Bristol City away, or dare I say it from the Scum away.  Which leaves Burnley and QPR at home and Sheff W away.  I can see us picking up maybe 3 points max from that lot.  Another 6 points would put us on 52 and safe.  But it''s too bloody tight!  I think we rested on our laurels far too early with talk of play offs and in retrospect I think the board (and Glenn if the decision not to up the cash was also his) messed up by not getting Tiny Taylor in during the transfer window. 

Well hardhouse.  We need to regroup and beat Colchester, if we beat ColU it will be a massive step for us and then we will only be one win away from safety. 

Lets get behind the team next saturday and take the roof off.  Lets sing the canaries to victory.

Come on City!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Ok it''s not good and yes we are only 3 points behind Sheff Wed and they have 2 games in hand. But there are other teams in the same boat. Southampton and Leicester for a start. Yes good win for Leicester today but that count for 3 points only.

[/quote]

We''re 3 points BEHIND Sheff Wed and you''re telling me to calm down? [:P]

Anyway, we have to beat Col U and then re-group - as you said. [;)] Anything but a win and we''re down.

Great post Hardhouse and lets make sure we keep behind the whole team and not start grumbling the minute a pass goes astray, things like this happen during games!!! I love it when Carrow Road is rocking and we know it will spur the team on. Let''s not get back to howls of derision and scapegoating of players for the 90 plus minutes..

OTBC 

What we need now is for the team to regroup and work hard this week 

[/quote]

The team worked hard against Sheffield United today BUT still didn''t have the quality to create much or score!  You can regorup as much as you like, it doesn''t change the reality regarding our squad.

IT''s THE TEAM, STUPID!

like i said in my post this is it not only have the fans got to get behind the team the team has 2 aswell they put there minds to it and they can win because when push comes to shove no matter how much the fans yell and scream it will still be up to them to perform like we know they can so yes make more noise than ever but the team has to  play like there is no tommorow 1 game at atime

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

What we need now is for the team to regroup and work hard this week 

[/quote]

The team worked hard against Sheffield United today BUT still didn''t have the quality to create much or score!  You can regorup as much as you like, it doesn''t change the reality regarding our squad.

IT''s THE TEAM, STUPID!

[/quote]

And what would you and the rest of the doubter do. To nick and butcher a quote from a favourite film of mine, "what would you have us do. If this is to be the end then I am going to make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance"

I''m going to sing and shout my nuts of and I''m going to back my team, stupid.

we are not a great team at this moment. We must survive and the build to become the great team that this great club deserves.

you can give up if you wish.

At the end of the day its the team , no amount of singing and shouting will improve them and it wont scare Colchester either , just look back a few seasons to the backing our team got at Craven Cottage in a must win game , now that worked a treat didn''t it .

canary nut isn''t saying give up. He''s saying be realistic. This team is tremendously weak at best and utterly dire at worst. Even if we stay up we will struggle next season as there are so many holes to plug, GR hasn''t enough fingers and toes to go round. That''s after the inbreeding too!!!!!

Its understandable fans being livid at our current situation, I know Iam but we must all really get behind the team and save any moanings about crap loanees, changing line ups etc till after the game!

Lets get behind the boys big time next week against ColU!

I cant make it next week coz I gotta work but c''mon they y''army, pleased to hear so many people backing the boys, and singing their nuts off!!!

get it in context doom merchants, 2 wins, or a win and 3 draws, aint beyond us, for christs sake look at where we were in october, to even be considering staying up is a miracle.

I''ll be singing my heart out on the train at work next saturday in the grim hope it''ll make a difference, and any body travelling back on the 1735 to cambridge give the guard a wave and match report!!!!

[quote user=" C.T"]

My mate (liverpool fan) is coming down to the game so lets have a brilliant atmosphere and really get behind the team!

KICK IT OFF......

[/quote]i bet he''ll be excited all week about the prospect of comin down to little ole naaarwwich - his mouth will be watering at the thought of all those beers and pies, and pizza''s and chips he''ll neck down - burp - oh yeah, and then there''s the footy - city V colchester!!! wow......

The Fans urn up week after week to watch what has been pretty poor fare all season and for previous seasons.  Its for the team to turn up and impress us, their professional pride should be the spur.  All this pull together garbage, Saturday will be so tense you can forget the enthusiasm after 10 minutes unless we score early.  And god forbid if we go behind. 

Hardhouse44,

I''m going to sing and shout my nuts of and I''m going to back my team, stupid.

--> What the hell do you think I have been doing this season?  It still doesn''t alter the fact that we have a poor quality squad that has struggled to score goals this season. The figure for goals scored for the matches played doesn''t lie! 

you can give up if you wish.

--> no thank you

BTW., just wishing for something to happen doesn''t mean it will happen.

We have to regroup to as fans. We''re not happy but we can''t do anything about the games that have gone. A great run got us all a bit ahead of ourselves. We were foolish if we thought we were out of the fight. It is a fight and we''re still standing on 2 feet and swinging. We can''t change the past results but we can bloody well raise the roof on Saturday and scare the living crap out of a bunch of player who''s moral is like their league position, rock bottom.

One aim, beat Colchester. Then regroup again and turn our attentions to the next match.

[/quote]

Yes!

And after the final whistle of the last home game of the season, we should let the board know what we think of them.

balls I''m gonna miss the game on saturday... probably one of the most important in our recent history.

We are back in a fix and we are, at the moment in freefall. We have been lower and we have been in a much worse position this season.

What we need now is for the team to regroup and work hard this week on the one and only thing that matters. To beat Colchester. Do that and you will find another couple of teams below us in that boat come next Saturday tea time.

[/quote]Top post. Totally agree.Reasons to be cheerful: Southampton have won once since Jan 12th, and their run-in is at least as tough as oursRusty is back on Saturday - and we have clearly missed his influence on the centre of midfieldCan''t think of any others at the moment.On Saturday, we play Colchester; Southampton are home to Coventry. If we win and they don''t, I think the Saints are in real, real trouble. I''d rather be in our position than theirs.It''s obviously frustrating for the fans, cause we can''t do much to help the situation. But we can get right behind the team on Saturday, and give them all the support they need.

Hardhouse, I do think that this board represents about 1/2% of the NCFC fans, I speak to loads at the grounf from all over and their is not even a 1/4 of the negativety that is on here. All message boards are the same, its all doom and gloom as this creates more arguments. I know the general feeling among non pinkun fans is that we are in deep doo doo but like me, don''t think we will not go down. The WOTB is no where near as negative and don''t give me that crap that "all non moaners are percy positives and you know best, we are the real supporters as we see things differently" we all support the club and the team.

[quote user="pete"]The Fans urn up week after week to watch what has been pretty poor fare all season and for previous seasons.  Its for the team to turn up and impress us, their professional pride should be the spur.  All this pull together garbage, Saturday will be so tense you can forget the enthusiasm after 10 minutes unless we score early.  And god forbid if we go behind. [/quote]

Your right they shouldnt need a crowd to get going. But playing in front of a vocal crowd is going to give a significant confidence boost over a crowd thats moaning and groaning at every misplaced pass.

Like I said earlier, if the fans as a group are passionate about not seeing us go down, and realize how bad a situation we are in, they will sing and get behind the team. If we are content on dropping to league one and are really not bothered about it, we will sit their in silence.

[/quote]

Don''t forget Coventry they are in as bigger trouble as we are.

[quote user="Jules"]Too right, winning the Colchester game is a must!  Looking at the forthcoming fixtures I don''t think we''ll get anything from WBA at home or Bristol City away, or dare I say it from the Scum away.  Which leaves Burnley and QPR at home and Sheff W away.  I can see us picking up maybe 3 points max from that lot.  Another 6 points would put us on 52 and safe.  But it''s too bloody tight!  I think we rested on our laurels far too early with talk of play offs and in retrospect I think the board (and Glenn if the decision not to up the cash was also his) messed up by not getting Tiny Taylor in during the transfer window. 
[/quote]

Christ it looks worse when you see the games in print. Col U have guts and as another poster said will be playing for pride, 1 point I reckon, WBA and Brstol City are unpredictable but I can''t see us being good enough to beat them at the minute, I reckon 1 point from those 2 games.

Pride prevents me from permitting to believe we will lose to the scum, 1 point there. I think we will pull 1 win out of either Burnley or QPR, but I am betting that we will still be going to Sheff Wed needing at least a point. A day to really look forward to as it may end up being them or us....

Some say we as fans can do nothing to affect the performance on the field. I say utter tosh. Player can sense when the fans are anxious and that soon transpires on to the pitch.

We are playing the worst team in the league and we are at home we must be confident of winning as fans and confident as a team. We can make a difference in that sense.

What we are in is a poor league in my view full of average teams. We are one. But we have something well above average at our club. A ground that is full of 25000 fans. plenty of football left and plenty of crap teams to coin someone else’s phrase in the mix.

What you have to ask yourself is what else can we/they do. The transfer window is shut and the loan players are clearly not there. What we have is what we''ve got. So as I said we are going to have to make the best of it. Any little that us fans can do will only help.

In October we were down in many peoples eyes, we are as I said earlier still in the fight and that is all we would have asked for back then.

O.T.B.C.