Sign in to follow this  
Hump

Roeder about to self destruct again

Many of  Roeders recent comments seem to betray a vulnerability to crticism and a lack of self confidence.There is no doubt that when he came to the club he was able to repair the damage left by Grant,but to be fair the problems were fairly obvious. He restored some pride and confidence to a team which resulted in a tremendous run of results. He promised not to criticise his players in public restoring goodwill at the club. Lately results have shown how vulneable he becomes when a degree of pressure is applied and he is starting to make the same old mistakes that saw him shown the door at other clubs. He seems unable to communicate with senior players and his selections make little sense. He has destroyed the confidence of young players he has never seen play just to make way for Gibbs who would not get a game for Kings Lynn. He has made it his mission to make you all believe that some of the young pros are crap and they need shipping out.

All of Roeders previous fatal flaws are starting to come back to haunt him and it is only a matter of time before his lack of ability as both a Manager and Coach will lead to his departure. 

How right you are.

I always wanted Mike Newell, but that was never going to happen because he was always going to be way too forthright for those at the helm - same as a few of the other supposed applicants.

Now that the Board have finance in the form of season ticket sales it really wouldn''t suprise me to learn that they wouldn''t be too concerned about relegation - in the event of demotion there would be lower wages for playing staff whilst Roeder''s would remain the same (and he''d be happy with that ''cause he''s found his comfort zone) and best of all where the Board are concerned, it''d be the perfect excuse not to reinvest in the squad. 

Attendances of twenty thousand plus in the 3rd tier of English football? I''d be well pleased with that if I were a businessman/woman.

Let''s hope the 13 game unbeaten run wasn''t just an extraordinary-long honeymoon period for Roeder.But it is certainly beginning to look that way... our current form''s got to be worse now than it was under Grant now isn''t it?It looks like the management team started congratulating themselves on a job well done prematurely. Taking the team on holiday, bringing in a load of young boys no better than what we already have to improve relations with bigger clubs/managers, then telling the players that are contracted to yellow shirts that they''d probably be out on their ears in bulk in a couple of months all seem to have had a massive negative effect on our season.

The turnaround was great but it will count for nowt if we go down!

I feel Roeder has got to be given time but his recent decision making has been way off the mark even if he will deny it and growl at Chris Goreham or anyone else that dares to suggest so to his face or in the media!

I look at recent seasons when we were successful - 2001/02- got to play off final and the 2003-04 season when we won the Divsion by 8 clear points!

Those two seasons we didn''t have big squads but we kept a settled line up, settled formation regardless of who we were playing, only had decent loan players who could add something to team and were better than what we had (unlike now with the painfully out of his depth Gibbs and the lesser seen Henry) and played with our best available 11 players!

All these are simple ethics that will work the majority of the time!

It never ceases to amaze me why so called football experts the managers complicate the game to such an extent that negative results are the outcome!

how dare you criticise the great glenn who has saved us!! allegedly, even though we still have 7 games left for him to blow it all!!!

[quote user="inch_high"]That ones gone in the book for when you deny it wizzard.[/quote]What are you inch high, the bloody Gestapo?[:D]

This entire thread is full of the exact people who are the problem with football today.

You are not fans of our club. Go support Chelsea. No one wants you here. Especially you wiz . . . your too old and just want some people to talk to so you wind evryone up the wrong way. Go bowls or something.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

This entire thread is full of the exact people who are the problem with football today.

You are not fans of our club. Go support Chelsea. No one wants you here. Especially you wiz . . . your too old and just want some people to talk to so you wind evryone up the wrong way. Go bowls or something.

[/quote]

who the hell are you to judge whos a fan and who isnt?

jas :)

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Now where have I heard this school boy type rant before?.

And actually sonny, some people do want me here, whilst you on the other hand.................[:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

who the hell are you to judge whos a fan and who isnt?

jas :)

[/quote]Don''t worry Jas, we''ll fickle and a disgrace to norwich city [|-)]

Afraid its more people like you Yellowice who are the problem , content and supportive of any old rubbish this club serves up , you really do deserve League 1 football , but then would you even notice the difference i very much doubt it everything will look just the same through those rose tinted glasses .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its sad, but in the space of a few short weeks, he''s becoming a total joke.............without the laughing bit.

[/quote]You two have something in common in that case.  The only person we are missing now is Smudger.  A few defeats now, surely he is do for a cameo again.Dont worry too much Wiz, you''ll wake up tomorrow with a different opinion of him.  I guess we cant be too harsh on you though , living in Lowestoft is already harsh enough.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Now where have I heard this school boy type rant before?.

And actually sonny, some people do want me here, whilst you on the other hand.................[:D]

[/quote]

Not man thou, although you do create ''debate'' shall we say. You have always liked the attention to be fair.

I await one of your generic replies.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its sad, but in the space of a few short weeks, he''s becoming a total joke.............without the laughing bit.

[/quote]

You two have something in common in that case.  The only person we are missing now is Smudger.  A few defeats now, surely he is do for a cameo again.

Dont worry too much Wiz, you''ll wake up tomorrow with a different opinion of him.  I guess we cant be too harsh on you though , living in Lowestoft is already harsh enough.

[/quote]

Laugh it up Duffman.

But all you silly pi*s taking won''t win us games or get us of this mess!

Have you a solution or an opinion to offer?

Dear Yellowice

You sound lke a very young person. Life is all about opinions and debate and a measure of a persons maturity is how you deal with an opposite opinion.I suggest you go to the CBBCwebsite where you will meet the rest of the playgroup

Roeder will leave this club in a worse state than when he joined.  We need someone for the future not a  proven failure who had a bit of luck. Play some of our own lads, I would rather lose with our lads and let us judge how good or bad they are.Show your balls Roeder and send the crap back to Wegner and co.Some of the our boys were decent before you turned up

[quote user="Duffman"]

Dont worry too much Wiz, you''ll wake up tomorrow with a different opinion of him.  I guess we cant be too harsh on you though , living in Lowestoft is already harsh enough.

[/quote]

No wonder something always smells a bit fishy to 1st Wiz...

The trouble is yellowice  when youve been following a team for more than 20 years ,weve seen the highs of europe and the lows of the Chase era we are due for some more highs

[quote user="Hump"]

Dear Yellowice

You sound lke a very young person. Life is all about opinions and debate and a measure of a persons maturity is how you deal with an opposite opinion.I suggest you go to the CBBC website where you will meet the rest of the playgroup

[/quote]

How wonderfully ironic.

[quote user="Hump"]Roeder will leave this club in a worse state than when he joined.  We need someone for the future not a  proven failure who had a bit of luck. Play some of our own lads, I would rather lose with our lads and let us judge how good or bad they are.Show your balls Roeder and send the crap back to Wegner and co.Some of the our boys were decent before you turned up

[/quote]

That would be the "decent boys" who were part of the Norwich team making their worst start in the Championship?

Which boys are these, then?  Martin?  Rossi Jarvis?  Spillane?  Come on, in the interests of adult debate as you suggested above, let''s hear you name the players whom Roeder has apparently turned into worse players.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

What a stupid comment!

I say things as I see them good or bad and have seen them for the many years I''ve been following Norwich home and away!

Been to over 75 league grounds and countless others home and abroad for friendlies, cup games etc so I''d say I''ve some idea of what a good or bad Norwich team looks like!

I support Norwich cause this is where I''m from and would never dream of defecting to any other club!

I hope Roeder gets things right and has done well until recently but anyone who thinks all is rosy with the team and there is no danger of relegation is blinkered to say the least!

I''d agree that sometrimes Wizard goes overboard with his critiscisms but I have to say I agree with most of his comments on this thread!

So we haven''t missed Etuhu''s goals, power and creative spark in the middle of the park this year?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]You two have something in common in that case.  The only person we are missing now is Smudger.  A few defeats now, surely he is do for a cameo again.Dont worry too much Wiz, you''ll wake up tomorrow with a different opinion of him.  I guess we cant be too harsh on you though , living in Lowestoft is already harsh enough.

[/quote]

Laugh it up Duffman.

But all you silly pi*s taking won''t win us games or get us of this mess!

Have you a solution or an opinion to offer?

[/quote]Let me ask you something Wiz.  Why is that I have to offer a solution

to our current poor form?   I dont get paid to come up with that

answer. I suppose you think the solution is to come on here

and say that our manager is now a joke, when last weekend you changed

your username because it wasnt worthy of our new manager.   You carry on and keep starting your threads with the little ''post icon''

so that it stands out on the forum and you get more attention, it isnt

achieving anything and isn''t solving anything.  You''re welcome to your

opinion, its just I wish you knew how useless it has become seeing as

you change it every 23 and half minutes.This isnt an attack on

you and I don''tplan to drag up any old threads because I have better

things to do with my time and I know how much enjoyment you must get

from it. I just get frustrated when I see such extreme opinions in such

a short space of ti

[quote user="Fellas"]So we haven''t missed Etuhu''s goals, power and creative spark in the middle of the park this year?[/quote]Ok... lol, I posted this in another thread...? [:S]

Once again anyone who shows concern about the state of the club and questions the increasingly bizarre decisions of the management is labelled as not a "true fan." The biggest problems our club has stems from the amount of time Worthington was able to remain in the job as the board were not put under sufficient pressure to get rid of him earlier when it was obvious he had lost it. That they were not under the pressure was due to the large number of KTF''s whise usual line was "he got us promoted once he can''t be a bad manager." Now the saem is happening with Roeder who in some people''s eyes appears immune from any critcism due to having taken us on a 13 match unbeaten run.

I will give credit where credit is du and also criticise where I think its due. Roeder did fantastocally well when he first came in and overall remains in credit for having dragged us out of the mess. However he has had a shocking last month and has in my opinion got a lot of things wrong. This started with the ridiculous jolly to Spain and unecessary tinkering with the team and he is showing few signs at the moment of being able to halt the slide. Time to get  back to the best starting 11 and make sure we get the points in the bag before it is too late as if it comes down to needing something at Hillsborough I for one would not be confident.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Hump put forward a well argued and articulate opinion that suggested a good level of background knowledge. Yes, many contributors come here for attention and the craic as much as true footballing debate, but claiming that all the "problems with football today" (whatever that means) are down to a few disgruntled supporters is totally inane.

The causes of the problems at NCFC are somewhat easier to identify, and it''s my opinion that many are helped to thrive fans by fans that, like yourself, cannot conceptualise the idea of any criticism being constructive. Oddly, such fans are incapable of accepting criticism of the club, but so very accepting of consistent failure on the pitch.

I can completely understand constructive criticism. But i cannot stand fans who would rather be right than helpful.

Why come on here and personally attack Roeder on opinion about his past and not fact about how he wants to rebuild from the acadamy. The fact that our homegrown talent is useless seems to have gone over a lot of peoples head.

IMO Roeder has a real future here. He can identify problems and go about dealing with them correctly using our very LIMITED resources. Another point missed by people who would rather the whole board walked out and the fans ran the club with our countless millions to waste. If this becomes a witch hunt on Roeder when we only asked him one thing - to save us from the depths of legue one.

Heres a question for all the fans on here who constantly attack the club, manager, players fans but use the defence that they have supported the club for 20,30, 40 years blah whatever.

When did you stop loving and start hating this club????????????????????????

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Heres a question for all the fans on here who constantly attack the club, manager, players fans but use the defence that they have supported the club for 20,30, 40 years blah whatever.

When did you stop loving and start hating this club????????????????????????

[/quote]

Most of the ill feeling started when the club failed to listen to the fans and persisted with Nigel Worthington until well past his sell by date. Subsequent failure has since occured, with this January''s transfer window being the most recent failure by the club.