Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

Give Martin a chance Roeder!

We can''t score to save our lives and we have a young striker who has scored 7 in 3 for the ressies and has proved he can do it this time last season!

Give him a go! Obviously we can''t comment on how he trains but atleast he can hit the back of the net for the ressies which is all he can do at the moment.

Is this a warranted attack on the young players? Are they as bad as he is making out? Is this GR just exercising his power or using them as an excuse to hide his problems he has had with the young loans? I think its a bit of all 3, I would give Martin a chance but if he is as bad in training as what GR says, then he can''t play, I like him , maybe because he is a local lad, but think he has the potential to be a good solid Champ player. So getting back to the question (sorry always go off topic), give him a go on the bench against Colchester.

The rat cannot comment either on how the home grown young pro''s train, he does not see them as he has demoted them all to training with the academy.

[quote user="MK Canary"]You can''t argue with 7 goals in 3 games, no matter how bad he is in training, surely?
[/quote]

And I''d add Spillane to that, too.  He''d boost the midfield in a way Gibbs and Henry patently cannot.

I agree with you John Smith, I was about to write something like this but then I saw you have done it for me.

Back to the point, if you get 7 goals in 3 games you should be given a game to see how you do.  It dosn''t matter if he is a lazy trainer you get loads of players who are lazy trainers and then they go and put in good performances week in week out.  For instance I have heard that Ronaldhino only trains when he says he feels like training (but that is just a rumour I heard on Sky Sports when I was watching a Barca game.).  Also I have been to colney myself and Huckerby is a lazy trainer, he does hardly anything, and yet he is given a chance on a Saturday.

I think its time for Martin to have one more chance.  If Cureton and Evans were scoring week in week out I would say no dont give him a chance, but as we are struggling for goals it is time for Martin to show us if he can deliver or not.

Stick him on the bench. Would like to think as a local lad he would play his heart out to keep us up.

Speaking of Chris Martin, his wikipedia entry has an unusual piece to it!

[quote user="sam"]Why not, when was the last time Evans scored???[/quote]

On the back of the EDP yesterday, Evans said he was going to score at Bramall Lane. Didnt happen.

Not sure about Martin playing. He has had his chances under Roeder and hasnt scored so far....

Mind you, push is coming to shove and Saturday is a massive game against Colchester and 3 points is a must, so why not give him a chance and bring on one of others if it doesnt happen for him

[quote user="Dell Girl"]The rat cannot comment either on how the home grown young pro''s train, he does not see them as he has demoted them all to training with the academy.[/quote]

The rat, as you call him employs staff to tell him how the academy kids train.  Reserve team football is second rate, who were the 7 in 3 against, Grays Athletic reserves, Northampton Reserves and Luton Reserves.  Hardly powerhouses of English football are they.

If he really wants his chance he should be banging down the managers door and proving himself in training.  I would bet if he does that he will get his chance.  Or perhaps he is too arrogant to do that.  Shame, because the youngster clearly has decent talent.

[quote user="Dell Girl"]The rat cannot comment either on how the home grown young pro''s train, he does not see them as he has demoted them all to training with the academy.[/quote]

Well that didn''t take long did it? First the abuse about his work and work methods, then the personal abuse starts. I''m sure that GR knows every thing there is to know on every single player in the club, he can not, not do when we are in the position we are. He is not afraid to play the youngsters, either loan or at least bringing them into the squad.

[quote user="John Smith"]

We can''t score to save our lives and we have a young striker who has scored 7 in 3 for the ressies and has proved he can do it this time last season!

Give him a go! Obviously we can''t comment on how he trains but atleast he can hit the back of the net for the ressies which is all he can do at the moment.

[/quote]All he has ever done is score in the reserves and briefly in the first team last season. This season he has looked utterly hopeless, and i would be fairly confident i could''ve done a better job than he has when he has been in first team this year.Glaring miss against Bury within 5mins of being on the pitch stands out especially.Roeder has given him a chance. About 3 in fact. Martin has failed to take every one of them. Same as he failed to take any given to him this season. He is not good enough. Henderson/Ryan Jarvis Mark2. Get rid of him asap. End of story.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="John Smith"]

[/quote]All he has ever done is score in the reserves and briefly in the first team last season. This season he has looked utterly hopeless, and i would be fairly confident i could''ve done a better job than he has when he has been in first team this year.Glaring miss against Bury within 5mins of being on the pitch stands out especially.Roeder has given him a chance. About 3 in fact. Martin has failed to take every one of them. Same as he failed to take any given to him this season. He is not good enough. Henderson/Ryan Jarvis Mark2. Get rid of him asap. End of story.[/quote]Gibbs mucked up on three chances, he still plays even though he is the worst player I have seen all season and that includes john the staue hartson. Martin did the business last season. Martin will be here in the summer. Gibbs won''t. End of story.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

The rat, as you call him employs staff to tell him how the academy kids train.  Reserve team football is second rate, who were the 7 in 3 against, Grays Athletic reserves, Northampton Reserves and Luton Reserves.  Hardly powerhouses of English football are they.

If he really wants his chance he should be banging down the managers door and proving himself in training.  I would bet if he does that he will get his chance.  Or perhaps he is too arrogant to do that.  Shame, because the youngster clearly has decent talent.

[/quote]

Well he can''t score against better teams if he doesn''t play against them can he?

Yeah he missed a sitter against Bury but what striker doesn''t miss sitters.

People like Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Berbatov are all lazy but have to much talent not to be picked.

There is no point in playing reserve games if Roeder isn''t taking them into consideration.

How many games has Martin started this season?

Give a local lad a chance!

its about catching the moment - certainly martin burst onto the scene in impressive style and with much promise - when earnie got injured - young martin and hucks played up front, scoring 5 each, and saved us from the drop - make no mistake.  could he do it again???  he''s scoring for fun in the resi''s???  translating that to first team is always difficult.  dunno - but lets get the boy on the bench at least...as for hucks - could he play up front like last term when we needed goals???  12 months around, he''s not looking the same player - physically and mentally.  for me - a long season, age, and now heavy pitches with recent rains is undoing dubs.  i''d go with curo and evans starting, with martin on the bench.  or yet another quality loanee who could start banging em in from the off - there''s no time nor margin for error if we want to stay in this league.....

[quote user="John Smith"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Well he can''t score against better teams if he doesn''t play against them can he?

Yeah he missed a sitter against Bury but what striker doesn''t miss sitters.

People like Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Berbatov are all lazy but have to much talent not to be picked.

There is no point in playing reserve games if Roeder isn''t taking them into consideration.

How many games has Martin started this season?

Give a local lad a chance!

[/quote]

I doubt people like Le Tissier, Bergkamp, & Berbatov were lazy at the same stage of their careers.  You earn the right to be a lazy trainer by being consistently good over a period of time.  Not after a successful dozen games as an 18 year old.

For me, and what I know I would stick him in.  But thats computer game manager mentaility, I don''t see him in training everyday.  Roeder obviously sees something we dont.