Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend .

Now here we are you lovely old Pickers its time for us to win some money for our Academy and its Shack Attack in charge . Now there is one thing I know you will never live in a shack ,in fact you will be living in the Free Bets hall of fame , how we have been knocking on the door lately , remember Yankee laid the foundations , the plans are drawn up and will not be shelved or placed on the back burner .

I know there are a lot that wont visit us , we have our knockers , those with lots of posts behind their names ,ring any bells ? Why don''t they take those first steps on the stairway to the Free Bet ? They could open up a whole new window of life .

Remember when we were waiting for Fellas final selection to come in ? we were raising the rafters indeed we took the roof off when that final goal went in.

I know all you Pickers are fit because I warned against having sofa softies , that''s the last thing we want is to have our Pickers  lounge about and I know you can all handle the heat of the kitchen and range wide to find your winning selection , also remember there is no ceiling to how much we can win with Dixmar and its not money down the drain , Talk to all you lovely old Pickers later , you are all bricks .arrdee.[;)]

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                    £212-56p

barnsley did well to see off ipswich - after their ball-busting cup display.  these boys must be getting through on adrenaline!!!  make no mistake - it can''t be sustained, they will implode, and on heavy pitches, they will go under in the saaath londoinus mud.  expect to see palace stuff the tykes.  (easy way to stop my 3 prediction losing streak)!!! yeah.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

Looks like you got the house covered Arrdee [Y] So lets just hope we don''t lead Shack up the garden path with our selections this week. No, I think we should all go crazy paving the way to success with the our selections. I''m no longer fenced in tipping just from the Championship and I have found a gate to the path that leads to great riches in leagues all over Europe.

I am going to Holland for my selection this week. Ajax are have scored 44 goals in 14 home games this season while Willem II have only scored 4 away from home. So my nap is :-

Ajax V Willem II    Home Win

Good luck Shack[Y] - Are sure we are on the verge of another winning week as you mow Dixmar down with your winning selections? [:^)]   Not ''arf [Y][Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]barnsley did well to see off ipswich - after their ball-busting cup display.  these boys must be getting through on adrenaline!!!  make no mistake - it can''t be sustained, they will implode, and on heavy pitches, they will go under in the saaath londoinus mud. 

expect to see palace stuff the tykes.  (easy way to stop my 3 prediction losing streak)!!! yeah.
[/quote]

I like it "lucky" can you stop that hat-trick ? "Lapp" failed until he tried the blindfold and pin method then "Hey Presto" a winner.arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                     £212-56p.

Although the dutch league was a curse when yankee was in the box my nap is coming from the land of edam, tullips and legal prostitution. My nap is Ajax to beat Willem II. Ajax have won 4 out of their last 5 and are second in their league. Willem II are second bottom, have one win in 6 games and have won only a solitary once away from home all season and that was to a lowly team in 15th.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]barnsley did well to see off ipswich - after their ball-busting cup display.  these boys must be getting through on adrenaline!!!  make no mistake - it can''t be sustained, they will implode, and on heavy pitches, they will go under in the saaath londoinus mud.  expect to see palace stuff the tykes.  (easy way to stop my 3 prediction losing streak)!!! yeah.[/quote]

I like it "lucky" can you stop that hat-trick ? "Lapp" failed until he tried the blindfold and pin method then "Hey Presto" a winner.arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                     £212-56p.

[/quote]i''ll bear it in mind ardee if the losing steak continues this weekend!!!

Good luck for this week Shack and how are the lovely pickers?

I went to have a look for my pick for this week and it hit me in the face like a big floppy tit

Derby v Man Utd  -  Away win

With Derby playing Chelsea tonight and Man utd having all that extra rest from the weekend there is only ever gonna be one winner here, so do the right thing Shack me old mucker and get that on the slip to rid old Dixmar racing of their loot.

If any of the pickers want to make a few quid for themselves back Utd to win 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0. Any one of those should make you a tidy profit.[;)]

Sorry nutty, didn''t mean to pick the same one as you, but that darn moderation thing. But mind you, that''s a good omen. My other nap then is Liverpool to beat Reading. Reading have been very poor away from home and although they''ve just picked up a couple of wins liverpool are really getting into form and I expect them to beat Reading comfortably.

After two of my recent picks were called off ill go to warmer climates.

Trust Peterborough (On a fantastic run) to knock off Notts county with ease.

Sunderland to lose at home to Chelsea ??

Derby to lose at home to Man Utd ??

Colchester to lose at home to Cardiff ??

No worries Fella''s. I''ve picked loads of repeats before, you''re  right I think it''s a good thing. I don''t think any of us should be scared to repeat a pick. If it''s what you think don''t change your mind if someone else has already picked it.

Mind you... I can understand you being concerned because I picked it!! [;)]

G''day fellow pickers.

This week I''m dropping into the Conference, or Blue Square Premier, or whatever its called, and going for Exeter to beat Droylsden.

Exeter are pushing for a play off place, have a decent home record and only 1 defeat in 11.

Droylsden on the other hand are rock bottom with 2 draws and 14 defeats away from home, and have 5 defeats in a row.

Good luck Shack.

Morning Pickers. I''ll be making my final selection at around 1.00 tomorrow afternoon if everybody could try and get their naps in by then.

I''ve got a short li.......OK a long list, of matches I like the look of and it''s given me a confidence boost to see that a couple of pickers have already matched selections from my list. I confess to knowing pretty much nothing about Leagues 1 and 2 or Scottish football, so if you''re going to choose your nap from these leagues I may need a little bit of persuading to include them in the final selections.

Also, don''t worry if your nap has already been suggested by another picker. I''d still like you to choose that one as it will help me make my final decision.

Good luck everyone.

i was going to choose everton to beat fulham 11/10  - but extra time may taken it out everton a little

so il go

wba to beat leicester at home 4/7 - cant see baggies dropping vital home points again after last night. leicester just cr@p at moment

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sunderland to lose at home to Chelsea ??

Derby to lose at home to Man Utd ??

Colchester to lose at home to Cardiff ??

[/quote]CA. You''re only supposed to pick ONE lol   [*-)]

Our little Angel can be a bit of a devil sometimes arrdee.   [6]

Having gone with Peterborough on and off for most of the season I see no reason to change now. So I am underpinning Trents selection and therefore hoping to assist shacks selections with a full house. So.....

Peterborough v Notts county...... Home win.

Good luck shack attack.

I see my normal Droylsden to lose has already been selected, so I will go with MK Dons Home win over Dag & Red.  Good luck Shack! Hope better results come in for you than they did for me last week.

Now you lovely old Pickers keep those "nap"s coming in lets help "Shack" all we can , we must hand him the right ammunition to breach Dixmars defences , some of the selections so far are some of the best I have seen evinced for some time . I particularly like Sids Exeter I almost made that my "nap" as well , I think I have one better though its Atletico Madrid playing the bottom club Levante whose away form reads P 13 W 1 D 1 L 11 F 7 A 28 .While Atletico have won 8 at home and have scored 31 goals also its on Sky sports live so no one can say there''s no excitement picking in Europe .

There''s no point in dwelling too long (oh dear I am off again) as I don''t intend to paper over cracks (oops) I think you all realise I cant help it , I just like to exercise my brain every so often and you poor old pickers have to endure it (sorry). Talk to you lovely old Pickers later .arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                             £212-56p.

East Fife to beat East Stirling.

Unusual for me to go for an away win but East Stirling look like they have given up the ghost this season. They''ve lost 5 in a row, including their last two at home. Unlikely they will reverse that trend this week as they go up against division leaders, East Fife, with an excellent away record.

Always a risk to go for an away team, but Oldham have won 3 out of last 4 and look on a roll.  A visit to Luton, who are in free fall since going into administration should not pose too many problems so that is my tip.

OK Ray here are my seven selections :

Derby v Man Utd - AWAY WIN (DDD & CA)

Ajax v Willem II - HOME WIN (Nutty & Fellas)

Peterborough v Notts County - HOME WIN (Trent & lappinitup)

MK Dons v Dag & Red - HOME WIN (newyorkcanary)

East Fife v East Sterling  - AWAY WIN (YC)

FC Energie Cottbus v *Bayern Munchen - AWAY WIN

Almeria v Barcelona - AWAY WIN

A quick couple of explanations on why I chose not to select some of the naps provided :

LGT - I can see where you''re coming from but Barnsley''s players must think they can beat anybody at the minute and I think that adrenaline will keep them going for a bit longer yet. I expect them to get at least a draw.

Ray - I''ve got more than a passing interest in Spanish football so I always intended to make one choice from La Liga. Atletico Madrid look like certs to beat the bottom club but the thing you have to understand about Atleti is they''re never more likely to throw in a dodgy performance than when everything is in their favour! Put simply they''re big game bottlers and the nerves are bound to be jangling now they''re in fourth place. I was going to go for Villareal to beat Zaragoza but then Zaragoza sacked their manager and put in a much improved performance last week, winning at home against Atletico. Then I thought about picking Real Madrid to beat Deportivo but I read this morning that Real haven''t won there for seventeen years! So I''ve plumped for Barca to win. It''s a bit of a risk what with them being away but they need a win badly to try and close the gap at the top and it should increase our winnings if, sorry I mean when [;)] , we''re successful.

1dartmoore - A friend of mine is a Leeds fan and he was at the game in midweek when they were simply dreadful. He''s of the opinion that making up that fifteen point penalty at the start of the season has finally caught up with them and they''ve lost a little of that ''us against the world'' mentality.

* Todays selections come with this free piece of information so that you can act the smart arse in front of your friends. There is no such team as Bayern Munich as it is a combination of both German or English. So it''s either Bavaria Munich or Bayern Munchen.

Looks good Shack - best of luck!

Arrdee and co - We seem to be getting less contributors at the moment to the thread. Maybe its worth changing the thread title to try and attract new people? I joined pretty late, and to be perfectly honest beforehand whenever I saw the "Free bet" thread I thought it was spam, or some voucher for a free bet with a company. It was only when I actually bothered to look inside that I understood what it meant and how brilliant an idea it was! I cant think of anything of the top of my head, but theres so many people on this forum, surely we can get more! Suppose Im only highlighting this now as my week is upcoming, and im determined to only use the naps people have sent in rather than any of my own. Any thoughts?

Well done "Shack" , this is no more than I would have expected of you , I can see the amount you have researched  into each selection ,magnificent , It really is , I don''t see how we can fail with young guns like you Andy on the Free Bet Pages , the future is secure for the Free Bet , how about that Nutty ? Are you as Impressed as I am ? Did you ever think we would see the likes of this when I first set out with a dream to help our Academy ? I must be the luckiest man in the universe to have not only your help Nutty but those lovely old Norwich City supporters . When our imitators try and do what we have done ,which they will I am sure , perhaps we can give them a few tips....like Hell!! . Always remember we were the first club to be able to help our Academy with our Knowledge of football and no one can take that away from us .Norwich City the one and only ,"Rules" O.K. [Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                         £212-56p.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Looks good Shack - best of luck!

Arrdee and co - We seem to be getting less contributors at the moment to the thread. Maybe its worth changing the thread title to try and attract new people? I joined pretty late, and to be perfectly honest beforehand whenever I saw the "Free bet" thread I thought it was spam, or some voucher for a free bet with a company. It was only when I actually bothered to look inside that I understood what it meant and how brilliant an idea it was! I cant think of anything of the top of my head, but theres so many people on this forum, surely we can get more! Suppose Im only highlighting this now as my week is upcoming, and im determined to only use the naps people have sent in rather than any of my own. Any thoughts?

[/quote]

Yes I know what you mean Trent . This was the best I could come up with last season when I started the Free Bet off . I wanted the fans to know that it would not cost them anything ,this I felt was the most important thing as most people are looking for a catch . I honestly don''t know what else to call it , so I am throwing it open to anyone that can come up with a better title ,thanks arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                                       £212-56p.

A few suggestions: -

Free bet - help the academy!

Free bet - win money for the academy!

Free bet - win money and help the academy.

Free bet - pick your winner to help the academy!

Sure someone can come up with better... 

Now Trent , I have been giving your suggestion quite a bit of thought , the best I can come up with is "help your Academy" which I don''t think has the same ring somehow ,perhaps I am wrong, I leave it to you fans .

What we have to remember Trent is we wont get those posters with all those posts behind their names . We do have those true Norwich fans ,like Jas the B K ,City Angel ,"Blah" "Lucky" "Nutty" "Yankee" "G Jim" but we will never have those others , why ? because they are so afraid of having their pride pricked by making a wrong selection . What they don''t understand is that everybody gets it wrong sometimes , so come onto the "Help you Academy" pages before I expose you . Foghorn, Bly, Mellow, Arto,1st Wizard , Perhaps you don''t know that much about football as you try to make us believe . You can always prove me wrong of course , you know how .arrdee

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                         £212-56p.

[quote user="arrdee"]

What we have to remember Trent is we wont get those posters with all those posts behind their names .

[/quote]

Frankly Arrdee this thread offers some welcome respite from those individuals.  Besides can you imagine Wiz having to try and make his mind up about one team per week!  The shock of having to express an opinion then stick to it would hexaust him completely.