Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Is Earnshaw Just A Hummer Bummer Or....?

.....does he still want to do something with his life.....and, if so, should Norwich be interested for next season?

After all, how ridiculous is this situation? He was, and presumably still is, a prize poacher in the Championship who clearly knows how to do what EVERYONE else in our club does not. Yet there he is, languishing for the most part on the bench for pathetic, let me say it again, PATHETIC Derby County.  This is a team who has managed to achieve only 10 points in 29 Premiership games. This is a team who have only been able to score 14 goals in those 29 games. This is team whose forwards have only been able to score 5 goals in those 29 games. And yet, Earnshaw can''t command a position in this pathetic team.

Oh, I know a lot of people will say forget about Earnshaw. He chased what he was after, and Norwich was not it, or that was the past not the future. Maybe, but I think it''s worth considering which psychologist could be dispatched to invite Mr. Earnshaw to dinner and find out what his current mindset is. Whether he''d like to score goals for fun and do somersaults again and generally enjoy life. Of course, if he stays with Derby, then he will be back in the Championship next year, but I''m not so sure he currently thinks all things Derby County are wonderful.

So what''s the future for Mr. Earnshaw''s body and bum, bench and Humm or that wonderful Canary coloured shirt?   

No Yankee... he basically admitted publically he told Billy Davies how much his get out clause was... he used us to draw money and shop window himself.. he didnt want to be here in the first place....

Let him rot where he is.. Merce-arnshaw.

jas :)

...granted he has banged them in in the Championship before. He does miss a lot more than he scored but the main point why I don''t want him back is the utter contempt he showed the Club and fans.Earnshaws problem is that he or his agent love to switch clubs too much. From aspirational small clubs in the championship to newly promoted ones that will only last one season. For the simple fact he loves his SIGNING ON BONUSES (which opt out clauses exist for) which essentially is like £500k to a mill every seasonish - on top of his wages. I tell you right now, football is not Earnies love nor is our Fine City.

i think its obvious derby keeping him for promotion push next year, they relectant to sell him which clearly states that theyll play kenny miller and rob earnshaw next season in my opinion

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

No Yankee... he basically admitted publically he told Billy Davies how much his get out clause was... he used us to draw money and shop window himself.. he didnt want to be here in the first place....

[/quote]

All true but that is the way of the world these days.

Either he could do the job or not, either he would come back or not........they are the real questions.

It is just football

Seeing it is going to be very unlikely that Miller will be there next season earnie could well be their first choice striker.

My suggestion is not to sign him, but to find out what his mindset appears to be. People grow up, you know. Sometimes they change. It costs nothing to check it out.

We definately need someone like Earnshaw to bang in the goals for us, but I dont want him back.  He used us, and now if he comes back I am not going to welcome him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jesus, I did not know that he had done that, yes, I thought his agent might have said that, but thought, oh I dunno.

He must have an attitude problem or be seriously crap to not play in that team, I would like him back as a footballer but not as a person, even though I do not begruge anybody who wants to earn more money or play in the Prem and look at how we have been this season, I suppose it has been vindicated, although look at Derby ha ha.....

In the words of we8wba, " he me be ken miler gunner go to raners nex seson"

Or in plain English, Kenny Miller off to Glasgow (a bigger city than Wolverhampton) Rangers in the summer.

Hope that is all clear to everyone.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

In the words of we8wba, " he me be ken miler gunner go to raners nex seson"

[/quote]

I hope he types better than that when entering the next set of NHS budget figures - or is that why taxes keep going up?

Assuming the article on Earnshaw is correct and he was quoted accurately then it clears it up for me. Not only has he been on the bench for most of the season with Derby he is already putting out the message to others that he is two or three times a better player than at the start of the season because he has learned so much. Then, asked if he would be staying with Derby, his response was, "We''ll have a look at it, but things have to be right for me and the club." Of course it does, but if he was trying to show Derby that he wanted to fire goals in for them in the Championship, I could have provided him with some more inspirational words he could have used to his boss.

He clarified for me where his mindset is still at. He''s a Hummer Bummer and we should be happy he did not come our way again.