Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

CRANK UP THE ATMOSPHERE FOR COLCHESTER

Looking on another thread there are a number of sarcastic remarks about lack of noise from certain sections of the ground.Make no mistake next Saturday is the biggest game this club has been involved in since that dreadful day at Fulham.Anything less than a win and we are dead in the water.Right from the start we need the team announcer to show some passion in his voice and the pre match music to be the loudest ever heard at Carrow Road.Lets not give a stuff about the complaints the club will receive on monday  morning from the "bring their own flask and blanket brigade" who moan when they have to stand up to let people out at half time to spend money in the refreshment kiosks.Hell do we even care about the Thorpe Hamlet residents association who even complain when the "God Squad" take over the ground for a couple of days during the summer.Let us pretend we are on the verge of promotion not relegation and let us hear anything and everything that will inspire the team to victory.If only we cold make it sound like a european night at Anfield or Parhead.Spin chilling and intimidating to upset the mighty Colchester(yes bloody Colchester)Just one request though to you boys in the Barclay leave out the cringingly awful "whats it like to see a crowd"and the equally as bad "we forgot that you were here". I even think i could put up with delia on the pitch with a microphone.How about a duet with Sharon Turner ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looking on another thread there are a number of sarcastic remarks about lack of noise from certain sections of the ground.Make no mistake next Saturday is the biggest game this club has been involved in since that dreadful day at Fulham.Anything less than a win and we are dead in the water.Right from the start we need the team announcer to show some passion in his voice and the pre match music to be the loudest ever heard at Carrow Road.Lets not give a stuff about the complaints the club will receive on monday  morning from the "bring their own flask and blanket brigade" who moan when they have to stand up to let people out at half time to spend money in the refreshment kiosks.Hell do we even care about the Thorpe Hamlet residents association who even complain when the "God Squad" take over the ground for a couple of days during the summer.Let us pretend we are on the verge of promotion not relegation and let us hear anything and everything that will inspire the team to victory.If only we cold make it sound like a european night at Anfield or Parhead.Spin chilling and intimidating to upset the mighty Colchester(yes bloody Colchester)Just one request though to you boys in the Barclay leave out the cringingly awful "whats it like to see a crowd"and the equally as bad "we forgot that you were here". I even think i could put up with delia on the pitch with a microphone.How about a duet with Sharon Turner ?[/quote]

Now that would be great!!!!!

We do need to be a bit more vociferous thou, make it a day to remember. Not that we don''t always but it can be so quiet. But we all know that it is the chicken and egg scenario. do the players need to play well to get us going or vise versa?

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looking on another thread there are a number of sarcastic remarks about lack of noise from certain sections of the ground.Make no mistake next Saturday is the biggest game this club has been involved in since that dreadful day at Fulham.Anything less than a win and we are dead in the water.Right from the start we need the team announcer to show some passion in his voice and the pre match music to be the loudest ever heard at Carrow Road.Lets not give a stuff about the complaints the club will receive on monday  morning from the "bring their own flask and blanket brigade" who moan when they have to stand up to let people out at half time to spend money in the refreshment kiosks.Hell do we even care about the Thorpe Hamlet residents association who even complain when the "God Squad" take over the ground for a couple of days during the summer.Let us pretend we are on the verge of promotion not relegation and let us hear anything and everything that will inspire the team to victory.If only we cold make it sound like a european night at Anfield or Parhead.Spin chilling and intimidating to upset the mighty Colchester(yes bloody Colchester)Just one request though to you boys in the Barclay leave out the cringingly awful "whats it like to see a crowd"and the equally as bad "we forgot that you were here". I even think i could put up with delia on the pitch with a microphone.How about a duet with Sharon Turner ?[/quote]

We do need to be a bit more vociferous thou, make it a day to remember. Not that we don''t always but it can be so quiet. But we all know that it is the chicken and egg scenario. do the players need to play well to get us going or vise versa?

[/quote]

It''s not chicken and egg.  We''re all there when they run out onto the pitch.  Let''s get behind them.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

It''s not chicken and egg.  We''re all there when they run out onto the pitch.  Let''s get behind them.

[/quote]

I''m not saying we are not there, we know that we have a loud entrance but times after that can be quite quiet and it is not just at our ground.

I couldnt agree more with this post plus my nephew is the official match day mascot for the Col U so lets have an unforgettable atmosphere and afternoon for all the right reasons.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looking on another thread there are a number of sarcastic remarks about lack of noise from certain sections of the ground.[/quote]

Are you referring to another posters comments about the deadbeats in the City and River End stands,  my post about the occupants of the  Morgue (City aka G. Watling) stand or the people who sit in the Jarrold stand thinking we are in an Opera House and there shouldn''t be any noise? Gees we are watching a football match, of course there will be vocal support!!!

As for the PA., I have to disagree with ''the pre match music to be the loudest ever heard at Carrow Rd.'' It has already been at stupidly high levels already this season resulting in complaints and it being turned down for subsequent matches.

Yeh we need it as loud as possible.  I sit in the Norwich Union and Community stand (the corner in between the jarrold and riverend) and there isnt any atmosphere there.  I would start some of but I would be too embarased!  And also no one would join in because they think you should concentrate on the football rather get behind your team.  The Barclay need to shout sing up the Riverend to get us going.

Quite agree Tilly that we need to crank up the volume and treat this like a F A Cup final. ColU fans think they are already down and out and have two targets in mind to finish on a high, beat us next Sat and beat Ipswich on the 5/4.

Lets make sure they don''t achieve one of them !!

Not sure you''ll get the P A announcers to be loud and upbeat though, they don''t look the types, no offence meant.

Carrow Road like most other grounds is horribly quiet. You can hear what the players are shouting to each other, in most areas of the ground throughout most matches. It would help if the authorities allowed the Barclay (and similar) to be standing again, I see no reason why this cannot be done safely. I think people go to matches with the mentatity of sitting back waiting to be entertained, it doesn''t help that singing is tutted at by sections of our support. The "siddown" Brigade.

That''s a fine speech, sir.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

May be somebody should invite Delia to lead the community signing in the Morgue (ak City aka GW) stand, N& P and Community stand before the game on Saturday.

LET''S BE HAVING YA!

[/quote]or sir cliff richard - he got the wimbledon crowd going on many occasions........or some mexican waves???seriously, though, i hope the players know how much 3 points mean to us when they walk out sat!!!

May be somebody should invite Delia to lead the community signing in the Morgue (ak City aka GW) stand, N& P and Community stand before the game on Saturday.

LET''S BE HAVING YA!

[/quote]

May be Mr. Tilson or Mr. Munby could ask Delia to do the ................

LET''S BE WAKING YOU!

Yep, for those who are there, make it loud and proud.

Let''s make sure that if young Maceo is a hit, he will want to stay because he loves the idea of playing in front of a large noisy crowd.

Mark .Y.

The Morgue (City aka GW.) stand was as noisy as ever. Don''t disturb them!

[/quote]

I actually nap in there......and I was mumblin'' as loud as I could!

It was deafly silence in both the Barclay and that wannabe Barclay bit in the corner. To be honest, I sat there, even at 3-1 just very contempt and not bothering to sing. Bad I know, but it was one of those days.

I''ve heard that if you ask them to they''ll puree your half time biscuit in the GW stand and they have free tartan blankets to put over your knees. Is that true?

It was very quiet on Saturday, I don''t really know why though, especially after we took an early lead. Nervous crowd maybe?

Maybe for an upcoming game the posters on here who appeal for us to raise the volume and get behind the team vocally (me included) should get our tickets transferred to a block in the River End or Jarrold Stand? Then attempt a few chants and see if we can actaully make a difference to those areas?

Just imagine a decent ''sing up the barclay'' coming from either of those stands!    

Stone

For my sins I sat in the South Stand for this match (was taking someone to their first game and couldn''t get 2 tickets next to each other in the Barclay).

No one in the queue on the gate seemed to be a season ticket holder, and once inside it was a mix of families and people older than me (now that''s old!). As the players came out and the traditional OTBC was led by two lucky fans I heard my voice drown out anyone else''s attempt. Er, what was going on? Several people just stared at me. Did they not know the words or do they just not sing at all. Okay, by half time it was obvious they don''t sing at all. (This was near the away fans half way up the stand btw).

I can only conclude that the South Stand is quiet by choice. That is until there is something to moan about - the guy next to me moaned about most of the players all match then left 15 mins before the end! ha ha, missing some goals.

First and last time there. On a plus side, got a great view of all the goals (which I don''t usually get in the Barclay) and interesting to watch from a side view. But atmosphere, forget it, we could hear the players talking, not just shouting, to each other all through the game.

It did sound quiet (although the Col U fans were good once they got started). I am sure many fans enjoy sitting and watching and not contributing with their voices (unless it''s to moan or yell at the ref) but it''s not for me.

Back to your suggestion Stone, wasn''t this tried when the new stand was first opened, and to an extent when the Snakepit area was first built too? I think we have to face facts, the majority of fans who attend CR don''t want to sing. They will cheer a goal or yell at a ref, but other than that they are content to sit and watch. It''s like being at the cinema. Except there''s no popcorn. lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Back to your suggestion Stone, wasn''t this tried when the new stand was first opened, and to an extent when the Snakepit area was first built too? I think we have to face facts, the majority of fans who attend CR don''t want to sing. They will cheer a goal or yell at a ref, but other than that they are content to sit and watch. It''s like being at the cinema. Except there''s no popcorn. lol[/quote]

I think it''s the unfortunate truth. Those who want to sing will head over to the Barclay Lower (as close to block E as possible) or the Snakepit and those who don''t will continue to sit in other areas of the ground. 

I guess you know what to expect as soon as you know where you''re sitting.

I''m Barclay Lower Block A season ticket holder but will be heading over closer to Block E next season!

And where do you sit?  The city stand??  You are one to talk about ''cranking up the atmosphere''.  Pathetic.

Did i ever arrest you CFJ or was i the unwelcome boyfriend of your mum,sister or ex-wife ? Your crusade to slag me off at every turn is what i call really pathetic.Yes i have opinions which you obviously do not agree with but i can live with that .Now you want to have a go about where i sit ! How about you post a potted history about yourself ? I am beginning to think you have taken over from Truthseeker,Remember him.He was anti NCISA and anti TILSON.       Whatever happened to him ?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

The Morgue (City aka GW.) stand was as noisy as ever. Don''t disturb them!

[/quote]

I actually nap in there......and I was mumblin'' as loud as I could!

[/quote]

I''m surprised the other occupants of the Morgue stand allowed you to mumble! You can hear a pin drop in that stand.