Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Attendance trends

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Uncanny similarity eh?"

Between you cluttering up this board with posts attacking our club, yes.
[/quote]

Now stop being a silly boy walfy.

OTBC

You don''t like our club much do you, Bly  ?You were even posting at 3 in the morning attacking usHow odd

Well you know what they say about statistics...Lies, damned lies, and statistics

I wonder why they don''t show Ipswich''s attendence figures for last year?

Could it be that they were only just over 22,000?

attendence isnt everything

id rather have a attendence like bristol c and stoke and be top league

than have attendence like norwich n wolves and be midtable

Its strange that during our early success in the early Nineties, we only had quite a low average attendance and it sort of stayed that way until we started to do well again in the early ''000''s. Does that mean that we were not proper fans when we were doing pants for ages, does the board get congratulated for pushing and maintaining the attendances this high?

Personally I feel that the increase in attendence is mainly due to the amount of season tickets we sell. At the start of each season we''d get around 20,000 (during the wilderness years). We typically always started off pretty good and ticket sales would be good but after christmas, when things typical go sour for us, the sales would drop and we;d get gates of around 16,000. Now though, with season tickets, people tend to stay and watch every game and not drift off as the season passes by.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]Its strange that during our early success in the early Nineties, we only had quite a low average attendance and it sort of stayed that way until we started to do well again in the early ''000''s. Does that mean that we were not proper fans when we were doing pants for ages, does the board get congratulated for pushing and maintaining the attendances this high?[/quote]

They collected cash at the turnstiles in those days. You can probably figure..........

OTBC

Interesting post Bly.

Following the link you supply we also see a table of average attendance figures for the League during this period.

What''s of particular note is that Championship attendances have risen from 10882 to 18222, an increase across the board of approx 75% in this period. Guess the relevant question  is how do we compare to average?

15000 to 25000 represents an increase of 66%. ie. BELOW AVERAGE!!

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats/stats_turnover_10.htm

[quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"]

Interesting post Bly.

Following the link you supply we also see a table of average attendance figures for the League during this period.

What''s of particular note is that Championship attendances have risen from 10882 to 18222, an increase across the board of approx 75% in this period. Guess the relevant question  is how do we compare to average?

[/quote]

Oh dear oh dear.

You closet binner you!

Watch out for Walfy and nutty.

OTBC

[quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear Roedy, you really must do better than this. I suggest you are useing stats in a selective and invalid way to make a spurious point.

At the start of the sample City were finishing 16th in the Prem so logically those attendences were higher than could be expected for a club in 13th place in the CCC.

If you take the four clubs that were in the division at the start of the sample and also in the disision last year the average attendance across the four rose from 14403 to 15351 in the period. A princely rise of 6.5% far from the 66% you quote.

So the answer in ABOVE AVERAGE while at the same time compensating for playing at a lower level. Clubs are Wolves (hello We8WBA), Stoke, Barnsley and Burnley if you want to do the calcs yourself.

Roeder can''t fail suddenly pops up, agrees with BLY and attacks me, Bly agrees with him and attacks me and another City fanSo Bly, or whoever you are, can you tell us if your claim that the paupers had an income of £10m in 2005/6 as you stated or the official figure given by their club are correct.I would hate to think that City fans on here might believe that you a making up stuff to show our club in a poor light.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Roeder can''t fail suddenly pops up, agrees with BLY and attacks me, Bly agrees with him and attacks me and another City fan

So Bly, or whoever you are, can you tell us if your claim that the paupers had an income of £10m in 2005/6 as you stated or the official figure given by their club are correct.

I would hate to think that City fans on here might believe that you a making up stuff to show our club in a poor light.
[/quote]

Something you have never done eh Walphy?

As the attendance at Carrow Rd is tickets sold including season tickets and not the real attendance of supporters through the gates you have to take the figures from the club with a very big pinch of salt unless it is a full house.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

As the attendance at Carrow Rd is tickets sold including season tickets and not the real attendance of supporters through the gates you have to take the figures from the club with a very big pinch of salt unless it is a full house.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

...............the point here is that someone has actually coughed up the cash to entitle them to got to every home game. Should they then not turn up it is really up them. Equally if they object to how the club is run no one is forcing them to renew.

" Something you have never done eh Walphy?2Blimey, you got something right for once.Odd how you should pop up in ''their'' defence though ........... or is it ?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Roeder can''t fail suddenly pops up, agrees with BLY and attacks me, Bly agrees with him and attacks me and another City fan

So Bly, or whoever you are, can you tell us if your claim that the paupers had an income of £10m in 2005/6 as you stated or the official figure given by their club are correct.

I would hate to think that City fans on here might believe that you a making up stuff to show our club in a poor light.
[/quote]

I''ve warned you before about libel Walfy.

The source was provided.

But then, you probably don''t get that either.

Grow up.

OTBC

" The source was provided." Not what was asked.So again, a simply question. Are your figures correct or are the official figures listed by ipswich town correct ?Which one ?

[quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

The problem you fail to mention is that we used to give out the actual attendance but were in a huge minority: it was the League (or the FA) that decided to make it so that the figures reported were consistent - not us - so that is certainly no stick to beat the club with.

And at the end of the day, the only logical figure to use for attendance is the number of tickets sold - it is up to the owner of the ticket whether they utilise it or not, but the club cannot sell it twice so why should they not report its sale as part of the attendance?  Ok, they could report the actual figure as well (we don''t seem to any more, but then were the only club to my knowledge which did), but to imply something bad on the club''s part for falling into line with everyone else is rather harsh.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

The problem you fail to mention is that we used to give out the actual attendance but were in a huge minority: it was the League (or the FA) that decided to make it so that the figures reported were consistent - not us - so that is certainly no stick to beat the club with.

And at the end of the day, the only logical figure to use for attendance is the number of tickets sold - it is up to the owner of the ticket whether they utilise it or not, but the club cannot sell it twice so why should they not report its sale as part of the attendance?  Ok, they could report the actual figure as well (we don''t seem to any more, but then were the only club to my knowledge which did), but to imply something bad on the club''s part for falling into line with everyone else is rather harsh.

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure the club decided all on its own without being forced. The biggest problem with stating all tickets sold as attendance is for some reason at a league game Carrow Rd was only half full the attendance would still be 20000!, but who cares about the truth at Carrow Rd anymore?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure the club decided all on its own without being forced. The biggest problem with stating all tickets sold as attendance is for some reason at a league game Carrow Rd was only half full the attendance would still be 20000!, but who cares about the truth at Carrow Rd anymore?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

[/quote]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

FFS BBFF what does it matter? There is no conspiracy from the club, these are just figures, and very good figures at that. No need to get paranoid.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Something you have never done eh Walphy?2

Blimey, you got something right for once.

Odd how you should pop up in ''their'' defence though ........... or is it ?
[/quote]

Strange how you suggest i and others who dont see things through rose tinted glasses are always accused by you of being a binner. Perhaps young man we can just see through the bull spin this club puts out. Strange how you always leap to the clubs defence? Work for the club do we? Lets get one thing straight-i support the team 100% i just dont like this board.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear Roedy, you really must do better than this. I suggest you are useing stats in a selective and invalid way to make a spurious point.

At the start of the sample City were finishing 16th in the Prem so logically those attendences were higher than could be expected for a club in 13th place in the CCC.

If you take the four clubs that were in the division at the start of the sample and also in the disision last year the average attendance across the four rose from 14403 to 15351 in the period. A princely rise of 6.5% far from the 66% you quote.

So the answer in ABOVE AVERAGE while at the same time compensating for playing at a lower level. Clubs are Wolves (hello We8WBA), Stoke, Barnsley and Burnley if you want to do the calcs yourself.

[/quote]

Poppycock!!

I am not being selective, you Sir are!

Your method of manipulating the statistics is a frankly pathetic attempt to hide the fact that according to an Independent football statistics body, we at NCFC have seen an increase in attendance along the lines of the National average for our League which is the simple and accurate point I made.

I believe we could have had a couple of thousand more during much of this period but our capacity has been reached for some time now.

Oh and puerile I know but you have asked for it.

"At the start of the sample City were finishing 16th in the Prem so logically those attendences were higher than could be expected for a club in 13th place in the CCC".

Had you bothered reading my post you would have seen that I ignored the higher attendance (for exactly this reason) and gave us a starting attendance for the sample of 15,000 (since that''s pretty well what it was for a while in those years). That''s actually about 3k less than the year you mention.

Here''s a quick quiz.

Did I say

15000 to 25000 represents an increase of 66%.

or

18000 to 25000 represents an increase of 39%.

. So spout what numbers you like but please at least do us all the honour of getting your basic facts right first.