Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Joe Lewis (Again)

Manchester United and Liverpool are battling it out to sign Peterborough''s 6ft 5in keeper Joe Lewis. (The Sun)Well doesnt that just put a smile on your face first thing in the morning !!

[quote user="Duffman"]Manchester United and Liverpool are battling it out to sign Peterborough''s 6ft 5in keeper Joe Lewis. (The Sun)

Well doesnt that just put a smile on your face first thing in the morning !!
[/quote]

Well if its from the Sun it must be true[^o)]

[quote user=" C.T"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Manchester United and Liverpool are battling it out to sign Peterborough''s 6ft 5in keeper Joe Lewis. (The Sun)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if it happens there will be a nice sell on clause which means a big return on our third choice keeper.

This is to funny to be true

i said all along give the keeper chance he looked good vs wolves in season throw him into deep end etc...

c.t it was quoted saying scouts were there, not just the sun talking garbish

doesnt mean he go there, but they looking at him

looks like norwich have missed out on big player or big money somewhere down the line

got to be labelled as a MISTAKE to sell the kid

Could have been there to cast an eye over any number of players. My money''s on Wrexham''s Drewe Broughton and Super Chris Llewellyn.

[quote user="we8wba"]

i said all along give the keeper chance he looked good vs wolves in season throw him into deep end etc...

looks like norwich have missed out on big player or big money somewhere down the line

[/quote]

ever heard of connectives?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]

Thats the point, people just dont think on here. Joe would have never overcome Marshall or Gilks (who was pretty solid at Rochdale). We got £400k for him and a 20-40% sell on clause so its good foro business.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]You know this because you have had a chance to compare the two ?

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]

You know this because you have had a chance to compare the two ?
[/quote]

No but the management and coaching team who took and influenced the decision have,

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]

You know this because you have had a chance to compare the two ?
[/quote]

No but the management and coaching team who took and influenced the decision have,

[/quote]

Exactly. Lewis was a quality keeper and it was a shame to see him go. However, Marshall is 2nd in the actim index for a reason. I would go as far as saying he is our best palyer. How many points has he earned us this season with his at the death saves? A shed load. 500k for Lewis was a steal considering the depth of keepers at the club.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]You know this because you have had a chance to compare the two ?[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. Lewis was a quality keeper and it was a shame to see him go. However, Marshall is 2nd in the actim index for a reason. I would go as far as saying he is our best palyer. How many points has he earned us this season with his at the death saves? A shed load. 500k for Lewis was a steal considering the depth of keepers at the club.

[/quote]Agree entirely, it made sound business sense for both parties. We all know that Lewis would never have unseated Marshall, in order for Lewis to progress he needed to play first team football. This is not something he would have got here for an unknown number of years, Marshall is only 22 and has many years left in him. We have 2 decent keepers in the first team squad and 2 promising prospects in the reserves and junior sides. To sell with a sizeable sell-on clause was a good piece of business, and that is ignoring the decent fee we got for him.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

what the hell is garbish? Do you mean garbage sir?

cheers for that c.t i did mean garbage lol

marshall is indeed currently MUCH better, but as prospect surely lewis should been loaned out for couple years

all honesty if marshall continues how he is and you dont go up this year or not then prem teams will come knocking for sure, may even happen this summer with few clubs wanting new keepers

better deal long term may been sell marshall this summer 2-3m sell on clause - replace with lewis after year out on loan

but long you keep marshall all is fine

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Marshall is better, who cares![/quote]

Thats the point, people just dont think on here. Joe would have never overcome Marshall or Gilks (who was pretty solid at Rochdale). We got £400k for him and a 20-40% sell on clause so its good foro business.

[/quote]

you are saying that but have you actually seen him play??

I have in training and he pulled of 3 world class saves.  And I think he is better than Marshall because Marshall is too dodgey on crossess, but you cant say he is better than Gilks because  we havnt even seen Gilks yet.

we should have given him a chance, letting him go to The Posh was a mistake.

I dont doubt Marshall, but is that the same Actim index that has Jon otsemobor as our 2nd best player....!!!

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user=" C.T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if it happens there will be a nice sell on clause which means a big return on our third choice keeper.

[/quote]

maybe he should not have been 3rd choice keeper, has that never entered your head, no take that back, no chance.

[quote user="we8wba"]

cheers for that c.t i did mean garbage lol

marshall is indeed currently MUCH better, but as prospect surely lewis should been loaned out for couple years

all honesty if marshall continues how he is and you dont go up this year or not then prem teams will come knocking for sure, may even happen this summer with few clubs wanting new keepers

better deal long term may been sell marshall this summer 2-3m sell on clause - replace with lewis after year out on loan

but long you keep marshall all is fine

[/quote]I think the problem here is age - Marshall is 22 - only a couple of years older than Lewis, would it be fair to keep the lad even on the bench until Marshall picked up an injury? I think this was the best thing - not for Norwich per se, but for Joe Lewis.Marshall at 22 has 13 years of playing left at least - in the short term its going to be hard for even Gilks, who has experience to disslodge him. Lewis would be waiting. Didn''t Lewis say at the time that thats the option he was given? That he would have to bide his time and take his oppertunities here - that we wanted to keep him but couldn''t guarantee him anything? If he does get snapped up by Liverpool or Man U I can tell you now it will be for more than £1million! I would say at least £3million - both clubs have an abundancy of money and if they think he is good enough they will pay that - which is still a bargain for a good keeper. Not to mention the fact that Fergies son is the manager of Peterborough (I believe some people even suggested this would happen at the time).