Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

An optimistic viewpoint

Checking the fixture list for Saturday I notice that 7 out of 8 teams immediately above us are playing away, while we have Blackpool at home. If we can get 3 points, which we should, then there is a great chance that we will climb above a couple of teams and also be only 4 points off of the play-offs.

Fingers crossed !!

so are you assuming all those teams will either lose or draw.  very optimistic Dont think that will happen but it is nice to think about anyway.!!!!!

Obviously, there is much a greater chance of teams dropping points if they are playing away, so with us playing Blackpool at home we really do have a great chance of making inroads on that current 7 point gap. 

We really must not miss this fantastic opportunity!!

[quote user="paul moy"]

Checking the fixture list for Saturday I notice that 7 out of 8 teams immediately above us are playing away, while we have Blackpool at home. If we can get 3 points, which we should, then there is a great chance that we will climb above a couple of teams and also be only 4 points off of the play-offs.

Fingers crossed !!

[/quote]

My fingers are crossed too [:)]

mmmmmmm... saving all the goals for next season when we runaway with the title!!!!!

[quote user=" C.T"]For goodness sake we are NOT going up, we dont score enough. Feel free to laugh at me if we do.........[:P][/quote]

Its not about scoring loads of goals C.T. Its about picking up 3 points. We could very easily make the playoffs. Do you hear Wolves, Cardiff, Palace, even Ipswich fans saying they won''t make the playoffs? If we keep up our current form and win the majority of our remaining games at home we stand a very good chance.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user=" C.T"]For goodness sake we are NOT going up, we dont score enough. Feel free to laugh at me if we do.........[:P][/quote]

Its not about scoring loads of goals C.T. Its about picking up 3 points. We could very easily make the playoffs. Do you hear Wolves, Cardiff, Palace, even Ipswich fans saying they won''t make the playoffs? If we keep up our current form and win the majority of our remaining games at home we stand a very good chance.

[/quote]

Believe me mate I really hope we do, I just cant see it

Derby didn''t score too many goals last season - around 55 as I recall.

I have to say that I doubt that we will go up but we may "only" need to win 8 or 9 of the last 12 to make the play offs......

Or saving them for the run in to end of season?

You takes your pick, and you  ..........

My money is on Jamie to double his season''s total so far before end of this season, and shoot us further up the table as far as ................[:)]

OTBC

I don''t recall Chelsea scoring that many goals in their Premiership winnning season

There was an article in the local press round here the other day showing the final positions in the Championship for the last 5 seasons.

The minimum number of points every year for a play off place was 74 points so that is what we need to be aiming for.

Inicidentally, last season and the season we were in the Prem were the only years we were not in the top 10.