Sign in to follow this  
Paul - MCFC

Ched Evans

Alright folks, You may realise from my username that i''m actually a Manchester City fan. I''m here to ask you about our your loan signing from us, Ched Evans.

I''ve read plenty of newspaper reports telling me he''s been pretty good and he''s got his fair share of goals, so from a fans point of view can he make it? is he good enough for premiership football? I''ve watched him play in the reserves with Danny Sturridge at city and whilst Danny has a natural ability to score i felt that Ched''s movement and general play outside the box was better. Its always very difficult for me to tell how someone will do in the full team from the reserves due to the HUGE gulf in class. The championship is the closest we have in the UK so your probably best placed to predict. As Manchester City now want to push for European football do you think Evans could force his way into our squad or are we going to have to sell him on? Am looking for the opinion of fans who actually turn up to the games rather than just watching on TV or listening on the Radio.

Thanks in advance, and all the best for the rest of the season (looks like you might be able to push for the play off spaces!?)

Paul

Hi Paul, he''s rubbish, scored a few off his knees and back of his head. Bit clumsy really and can''t shoot for toffee. Guess we could make a permanent space in our squad for him as a reserve striker.....;-) 

Young Chedders??  Absolute rubbish, completely useless, you should get rid of him at the earliest opportunity............. to us......... now........ for about £50,000............... how does that sound?  Good deal?? Just mention it to Sven next time you see him.  Thanks for your good wishes Paul, hope this information helps [*-)]

Hes a good player, battles well, good touches with an eye for goal. I reckon he definately has premiership class, but hopefully next season he''ll need one more year with us then he will definately break into your team. i mean i watched man city everton the other night and looked like you needed someone other than vassell

Hi Paul,

Ched has scored some very important (and spectacular!) goals for us and without a doubt his loan here has been a great success. His work ethic is top notch - he wins headers against defenders much taller than him regularly - and his movement and positioning is excellent. His right foot has a huge amount of power and his finishing is normally excellent.

He needs to learn to be less selfish, though, sometimes he''ll dribble for too long rather than make a pass to someone with better options than him. Also if he''s to really succeed in the Premiership he could do with bulking up a bit too. He can be pushed off the ball a bit too easily on occasion.

Otherwise we''re really chuffed to have him here. I can''t see him being Premiership-class for a few years to come yet, so I hope Sven will consider letting him stay here for a season or two longer. He''ll get regular first team football here and I think that would do him the world of good.

He''s certainly improved his game since he''s been here. He uses his strengthen very well and in recent games he''s given opposition defenders a lot to think about. With better service from our midfield I think he could have more goals. He sometimes reminds me of Ashton in the way he holds on to the ball and looks to get a shot in as soon as he can. I have no doubt that given time he can go on to be a decent Prem striker. 15-20 goals a season maybe. Still needs time to get there though, but I don''t think he''ll get too carried away and will put the hard work in to get there.

Certainly recommend you get rid of him in the summer, but only to us. We will offer you a straight swap for the VERY highly rated striker .... Ryan Jarvis. Tell Sven to grap this opportunity to sign the hottest property in English football.

Hi Paul - Welcome to the Pink''Un board...I work with a rabid blue - season ticket holder and all that.   As soon as he heard about Ched coming our way he was raving to me about how good he was and how he''d bang in lots of goals for us.  And he hasn''t so far been too far off the truth!   He''s also told me that there are rumours that we''re interested in making the deal permanent too - allegedly we put in a "speculative" offer of £500k which, funnily enough, got knocked back rather quickly!Given that we''ve got him for the rest of the season it will be interesting to see what happens when/if he does go back to City - especially if he breaks into the Wales first team - will Sven start to give him regular starts?  If he''s got used to scoring goals and enjoying the limelight will he want to go back to being a fringe player?I''d love to keep him but I think that Sven, being the canny manager that he is, will also be well aware of his abilities and won''t be letting him walk away that easily...

Sturridge has had the same problems of holding onto the ball a little too much, think that in the reserves they have the ability to do that, no doubt they will soon learn that you will get tackled and look daft at the higher levels.  I think that the dieticians + trainers will be working on his build in the off season, he''ll bulk up a bit if MCFC + Norwich think it''ll help. Always dificult to bulk up during the season due to the number of games + amount of training they''ll be doing.

15-20 goals a season sounds good enough to me, i''d like to see him play in the premiership for a bit next year, but also think that he''d be best staying where he is to keep some consistency in his apparent form, many players move and seem to loose the form from their old clubs! so i''m really hoping you can get promoted

Out of interest what do you rate your chances of reaching the play-offs and subsequent promotion? You had a terrible start to the season from memory but not your now only 6points or so off the play off spots? would suggest to me you have enough in the tank to catch those above and that you''ve having or at least had a bit of a run, I''m guessing the Championship is still similar to when we were there, any team can beat another on its day if so i''d hope your in with a shout?

Paul,

This loan has been a win-win for all three parties involved. Is Ched ready for the Premiership yet? Probably not, and I would like to see him continue his education under Roeder assuming we will not be promoted this year and for that we blame not only a poor start but also a dire lack of goals.

Hi mate,I think that in another 18 motnhs or so he''ll start becoming a very capabale player in the Premiership although i''m hoping we can have him for another year.He scores all sorts of goals left foot, right foot, tap ins and long range efforts!!I think he''ll be a class player in the premiership and i reckon if we had a bit more creative quality he''d have scored more here.  In fact i can''t recall him missing a decent chance!!

I personally think Roeder is planning a raid for the lad in the summer. I think £1.5m would be money well spent but not a penny more. Evans is showing bucket loads of potential for the Championship. Only time will tell if this develops to Premiership standards. I think Man City would be wise to sell in the summer. My honest opinion - Hes good but not good enough to challenge for the major trophies of the top flight. Let us have him though if you do decide to sell! [;)]

We did not intend to sell him when we loaned him out, and there''s no pre arranged price like on our other 8-9 loans. Doesn''t mean that if the "right offer" came in that we wouldn''t listen though i''m sure! after all football is all about money these days. I''d expect Norwich to get 1st refusal but i''m led to believe there''s nothing in the contract about future sale just to play for you till the end of the year.

I''d personally expect him on the MCFC pre-season tour before we make any decisions for the future. Â£1.5mill... personally it''d better to keep hold (even if we loan him out again) we dont appear to need the cash at the moment (assuming Frank comes home with the cash!) and if he does become a 10-15 goal a season striker could "save" us £8-9 million in a couple of years. I''d be more than happy with him staying at Norwich until then though, as has been said the deal seems to be working for all concerned at the minute. *inserts smiley drinking beer*

I reckon even if there is a permenant deal for Ched then Man City will have an option to rebuy him after a couple of years for somewhere between 1.5 and 2 times what we pay for him.i.e.  we pay 1.5 mill for him, Man City get the option to buy him for 2.5 mill in 3 years and first refusal at that price should we sell him before then.I recon that would still be a good deal for us and depending on the exact values and time scale a good deal for Man City as well, if he turns out to be brilliant you only waste £1m and if he doesn''t you get £1.5m upfront.

I''d be thrilled if we signed him permanently. He has looked class from the moment he arrived. Great touch and calmness on the ball. Yes he does look a bit selfish at times, but given our other strikers haven''t hit a barn door all season, and he shells them in from 35 yards, you can hardly blame him. Season-long loan would be great next year, but I''d expect the most we''d get is a window-to-window, with Sven looking to give him some games at the end of next season. Always assuming your lovely owner doesn''t return with some more ill-gotten billions to buy Ronaldinho...