Sign in to follow this  
beachball

Norwich youngsters left out in the cold

Having noticed that there was a reserve game at Colney on Wednesday it was interesting to see with the first team in Spain who really has been left out in the cold. Pictures on the Foncy website would indicate that just about every young Norwich Pro did not make the trip.The likes of Spillane ,Jarvis ,Martin, Eagle Cave Brown ,Bexfield ,Smart and even the young 18year old Lathrope were not invited to Roeders party to enjoy some golf and bonding (as per Gibbs commentary on another site). Eagle went from being on the bench to not even being on the beach

Roeder needs to be careful that when the loanees return and the season ends that he has not completely de- motivated what is left.Some of these lads who I assume do have a future must be wondering what really lies ahead, when other lads who have proved little apart from the hype of Roeder are not even invited to what apperas to have been a mid season jolly.I can only guess that they are all going-maybe to Dagenham and Redbridge.

Please do not take this as an negative post ,it is just an observation..Many of you will cry they were never good enough,others that Roeder is achieving great results. Personally I find it another example of poor man management which will backfire.Why not take them all so Norwich City boys can watch the premier stars of tommorow as they stride the fairways and and pose in their designer gear by the pool, did their WAGS go too.

Roeder obviously has an agenda and no one can doubt his results but there is something that lies uncomfortable with me the way he organised this trip.    

The reserve game is not a league fixture and could have been fulfilled with academy players as we did most of last year.  

If they are demotivated by the others going on a trip to Spain then that`s their problem. What this experience should do is motivate them to want to move up the pecking order so that they can go next time!

[quote user="sandboy"]

Having noticed that there was a reserve game at Colney on Wednesday it was interesting to see with the first team in Spain who really has been left out in the cold. Pictures on the Foncy website would indicate that just about every young Norwich Pro did not make the trip.The likes of Spillane ,Jarvis ,Martin, Eagle Cave Brown ,Bexfield ,Smart and even the young 18year old Lathrope were not invited to Roeders party to enjoy some golf and bonding (as per Gibbs commentary on another site). Eagle went from being on the bench to not even being on the beach

Roeder needs to be careful that when the loanees return and the season ends that he has not completely de- motivated what is left.Some of these lads who I assume do have a future must be wondering what really lies ahead, when other lads who have proved little apart from the hype of Roeder are not even invited to what apperas to have been a mid season jolly.I can only guess that they are all going-maybe to Dagenham and Redbridge.

Please do not take this as an negative post ,it is just an observation..Many of you will cry they were never good enough,others that Roeder is achieving great results. Personally I find it another example of poor man management which will backfire.Why not take them all so Norwich City boys can watch the premier stars of tommorow as they stride the fairways and and pose in their designer gear by the pool, did their WAGS go too.

Roeder obviously has an agenda and no one can doubt his results but there is something that lies uncomfortable with me the way he organised this trip.    

[/quote]

I think you''re way off the mark, personally.

You say you "find it another example of poor man management" but to be honest I think it''s good and classic man management when it comes to younger players. Something like this should build up their hunger and it''ll show who has got the desire to succeed. If something like this was to de-motivate them then they haven''t got what it takes.

There may well be some more practical reasons as to why they didn''t travel such as expense but from a man management point of view I don''t think there''s anything to be unhappy about.

Glenn has got it spot on.

I''ve laughed at some of your posts before, sandboy, but I actually think this one is quite interesting. Am surprised that Spillane didn''t make the trip, and Eagle, given he was on the bench for the previous game (albeit with three players suspended). I suppose you''ve got to know the players to work out whether taking them or leaving them behind would be better for their motivation. Stick or carrot, if you like. Personally I would have taken Spillane and Eagle, and locked Chris Martin in the gym at Colney and told him that if he didn''t lose half a stone by the time the squad got back from Spain, he would be fired...

[quote user="sandboy"]

Completely diasagree and I think you have all missed some of my points but whatever! 

[/quote]

Fair enough but I cant see how you can accuse Glen of poor man management, his style may not feature in the current MBA course notes but all that matters to a football manager is getting players in the team to deliver, enough said?

[quote user="sandboy"]

[/quote]

I think you have a valid point. There is no reason why the entire squad couldnt have gone on this jolly. True there was a reserve match but the timing of the trip could have been set to accomodate the entire squad. Dont think people have mis-read your post but what Roeder has done has both pros and cons. Personally I would have taken the entire squad but none of us are in a posistion to question Roeders tactics. That would be rude given what he has achieved. He can be harsh, but at the end of the day it is we the fans that benefit from it. Roeder knows this and this is the way it should be.

Don''t you think that maybe it is time that we admitted that they are simply not good enough?

[quote user="sandboy"]

[/quote]This is no different to the youngsters cleaning boots at colney, it''s all part of the apprenticeship. If these boys work their nuts off then maybe in 3 years time they''ll be the ones ''in spain'', isn''t this the same in any walk of life?

I sincerely hope the poor ickle Darlin''s so sadly and ungraciously left behind - were allowed to wear a designer beanie hats, their wool mittens, long sleeved shirts with a chunky thermal undergarment underneath, and pull an'' stretch their footy socks over their boney patella''s so as they didn''t catch a nasty chill - whilst stagnating on the horrid windswept exposed pitch of a reserve game.....Aaaah, Bless ''em.

A nice steamin'' mug of cocoa (with 6 sugars) at full-time with a hot shower. Then it''s off to Maccy D''s for a ''Go Lardage'' XXXL Boiger, fries and chocolate doughnuts. With a vast McFlurryfest, all gorging till they explode (each washed down with a litre an'' a half of fat coke)....Followed by a visit to one of the "unfortunates" gaffs for a good session on the energetic PS3/Wii  and all the willing participant''s supplemented with various sweets and treats, Dorito''s and creamy dips followed by vast portions of Fish an'' Chips......Before dispersing back to their individual abodes........

My heartfelt sympathy to the sad unfortunate ickle Darlin''s.......They surely deserve better?   

I have just heard that Roeder has apologised to those he left behind but has arranged another trip for them.It appears that they will be going to Haven at Caister for an overnight stay and coaching session with Neil Adams this afternoon.

Roeder has said how important it is to bond and the crazy golf and bingo will help.Due to the financial contraints at the club they wil be traveling by bike where possible. Chris Martin has been quoted as saying it wil be nice to spend some quality time with a top class coach  

Sandboy. Whilst we are so successful in terms of results and the fantastic turnaround that Roeder has achieved in the last few months, any comments you make criticising Roeders judgement will be admonished by the majority. The short term fix has worked, and nobody can say otherwise. Personally, I think Mr Roeder leaves a lot to be desired on many fronts. If I am right then they will be manifested next season. If I am wrong then It''s Prem football in the near future.

I agree with your post, but the majority will not. Football is a results orientated business and all of us want our team to win. At the moment Roeder can say and what he wants.

Rossi Jarvis and Eagle are very likely to be released at the end of the season, so its no surprise they wern''t included! - Though in fairness they are no worse than what Gibbs and Henry have been so far!

Your points are unfortunatley rubbish.  No offence but it is more paranoia stirring nonsense. Our crop of youngsters is obviously not good enough.  Half of them will be shipped out closed season, so why pay for them to go to Spain, which would be seen as a reward for underperforming.

[quote user="sandboy"]

Completely diasagree and I think you have all missed some of my points but whatever! 

[/quote]

[quote user="tribes"]

Sandboy. Whilst we are so successful in terms of results and the fantastic turnaround that Roeder has achieved in the last few months, any comments you make criticising Roeders judgement will be admonished by the majority. The short term fix has worked, and nobody can say otherwise. Personally, I think Mr Roeder leaves a lot to be desired on many fronts. If I am right then they will be manifested next season. If I am wrong then It''s Prem football in the near future.

I agree with your post, but the majority will not. Football is a results orientated business and all of us want our team to win. At the moment Roeder can say and what he wants.

[/quote]* YAWN *

Maybe we should have let our youngsters play today  they might have done a better job , its one thing getting played off the park by a decent side but Blackpool lol . Never mind our borrowed team can still make the play offs we just need another one of these long unbeaten runs .

For those who say our youngsters are no good look at the Academy results today against the great Arsenal

U18s 0-0

u16s won 4-0

Maybe we should loan some of our lads to Arse Wenger /Mr Rodent please take note and promote our lads when they do something good

[quote user="sandboy"]

For those who say our youngsters are no good look at the Academy results today against the great Arsenal

U18s 0-0

u16s won 4-0

Maybe we should loan some of our lads to Arse Wenger /Mr Rodent please take note and promote our lads when they do something good

[/quote]

You presumably have some links with the Academy, or you are following the results in an effort to prove a point, fair enough. But if you do really know about the Academy you will know that when for example Arsenal u16`s play our under16`s they are not putting out their best team by far. Any really decent u16`s that Arsenal have will be playing in their older age group, they use teams like Norwich to run out some of their weaker boys. That is not said to demean our lads but unfortunately it`s a fact of life. I fully support our Academy but think it is time for some fresh thinking and that Mr Martin should be seeking his fortune elsewhere!