Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We've heard it all before Mr Munby!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Boot"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Boot"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]More club spin to lure in season ticket holders to renew.[/quote]

And this is a problem how exactly?

Sorry to blind you with economic science but the more season tickets sold the greater the amount of money available for players. If people believe that we are going to sign large numbers of top quality players (or indeed any top quality players) in the summer they are deluded, there is no way it can happen - there I said it!

What may happen is that we might keep a couple of the loan signings on a permanent deal and buy two or three good (but not exceptional)players to strengthen the squad.  There may even be some more capital investment in the ground (shock horror!).  In short exactly the same as every other year in the past and exactly the same as every other year going forward. 

[/quote]

I agree,the more season tickets sold the more spent on players in theroy but explain to me how clubs like Stoke manage to spend more on players than we do? Kind of proves a point about ambition. Why have we the most season ticket holders in the league and yet we still spend less than many clubs.

[/quote]

It would certainly be a good point if Stoke did indeed spend more on players than Norwich over a given time period.  We have been getting decent crowds for about the last 5 years or so - maybe a bit longer, and I have no idea how much Stoke have spent on players over the last 5 years but I would be more than surprised if we hadn''t spent more during the same time - which would kind of prove my point not yours don''t you thnk?

[/quote]

Stoke haven`t had millions in share issues, a £6.2m land sale, £34m Sky income, they have half our crowds and i can`t recall any big players leaving Stoke for millions. We have sold £18m worth since relegation. I don`t think anyones going to bother doing a pound by pound comparison of money spent but i don`t think there would be a great deal of difference, do you? When they had a top central defender on loan they snapped him up for £1m at the first opportunity whilst we dithered over a few £100k and lost our man.

[/quote]

Stoke are owned by Peter Coates, try looking him up.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Boot"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Boot"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]More club spin to lure in season ticket holders to renew.[/quote]

Sorry to blind you with economic science but the more season tickets sold the greater the amount of money available for players. If people believe that we are going to sign large numbers of top quality players (or indeed any top quality players) in the summer they are deluded, there is no way it can happen - there I said it!

What may happen is that we might keep a couple of the loan signings on a permanent deal and buy two or three good (but not exceptional)players to strengthen the squad.  There may even be some more capital investment in the ground (shock horror!).  In short exactly the same as every other year in the past and exactly the same as every other year going forward. 

[/quote]

I agree,the more season tickets sold the more spent on players in theroy but explain to me how clubs like Stoke manage to spend more on players than we do? Kind of proves a point about ambition. Why have we the most season ticket holders in the league and yet we still spend less than many clubs.

[/quote]

It would certainly be a good point if Stoke did indeed spend more on players than Norwich over a given time period.  We have been getting decent crowds for about the last 5 years or so - maybe a bit longer, and I have no idea how much Stoke have spent on players over the last 5 years but I would be more than surprised if we hadn''t spent more during the same time - which would kind of prove my point not yours don''t you thnk?

[/quote]

Stoke haven`t had millions in share issues, a £6.2m land sale, £34m Sky income, they have half our crowds and i can`t recall any big players leaving Stoke for millions. We have sold £18m worth since relegation. I don`t think anyones going to bother doing a pound by pound comparison of money spent but i don`t think there would be a great deal of difference, do you? When they had a top central defender on loan they snapped him up for £1m at the first opportunity whilst we dithered over a few £100k and lost our man.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I doubt very much that Stokes` board have a combined wealth more than our own.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Boot"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who are we ''owned'' by?.........

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]oh, i see - stoke are financed by a rich grandee who is prepared to have a speculative punt by investing in the club without guarantee of return, but because its stoke and not us, then that makes it ok???  But for NCFC to adopt such a policy would be imprudent folly........