Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We've heard it all before Mr Munby!

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED27%20Feb%202008%2008%3A11%3A13%3A077

Yes, its all been said and nothing done before Mr Munby, hell, you couldn''t even back the manager properly when we did get to the Premiership.................even Cashton came here way too late!.

And we all know its Mr Doncaster who calls the shots anyway!.[:|]

We probably wont get the backing he is saying he will give but last year Grant got a little bit of money to spend apart from all the players he got were rubbish (apart from Russel.)  And this season if he does give the backing im sure Roeder will spend it well.

Are you still here?

Why not wait until the summer? see what happens and then critisize, no use getting worked up about something that isn''t going to happen for another four months...

[quote user="Boyo"]We probably wont get the backing he is saying he will give but last year Grant got a little bit of money to spend apart from all the players he got were rubbish (apart from Russel.)  And this season if he does give the backing im sure Roeder will spend it well.[/quote]So Marshall, Otsemobor, Cureton, Chadwick and Fotheringham are rubbish are they? Grant may have been guilty of several things, but let''s not get carried away eh?

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]I bet (I can''t be bothered to do it lol) if you go back the last few years you''ll find the same article for each year, just with different words![/quote]

That was exactly my first thought Mark.

We can only hope that this years narrow squeak has scared them enough into changing the policy.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED27%20Feb%202008%2008%3A11%3A13%3A077

Yes, its all been said and nothing done before Mr Munby, hell, you couldn''t even back the manager properly when we did get to the Premiership.................even Cashton came here way too late!.

[/quote]

You might be right and you might be wrong. Thing is wiz you can do this every time the board say anything positive but you won''t get anywhere with it. Face facts at this present time the board are not going to stand down. And because of the fact that at the moment their inspired choice of manager is working wonders. The majority of fans are not going to riot. You may have a point but until we either fall to pieces or the board do actually fail to go through with their promise causing Roeder to leave you are just wasting you time and ours.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED27%20Feb%202008%2008%3A11%3A13%3A077

[/quote]

This post is quite ironic when placed under a title of "we''ve heard it all before" wouldn''t you say?

This board bashing, until we see some evidence in the summer, has got to stop, it''s stupid. They can''t win can they- moaned at for staying quiet, moaned at for saying we will have money, god knows what the reaction would be if Munby had said there wasn''t a penny to spend.

Stop moaning!

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area!"]

This board bashing, until we see some evidence in the summer, has got to stop, it''s stupid. They can''t win can they- moaned at for staying quiet, moaned at for saying we will have money, god knows what the reaction would be if Munby had said there wasn''t a penny to spend.

Stop moaning!

[/quote/]

I think we already have all the evidence we need by what has been said and what has actually happened in previous years, It would probably be more accurate if Munby had said that they will back Roeder as long as it doesn''t involve spending significant amounts of money, the only way I can see the necessary funds being avaliable is if the club is taken over by someone with money who is prepared to spend some of it on our football club.

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Stop moaning!

[/quote]

is it groundhog day again?

i hope the board prove us wrong but every window they fail to deliver.

I bet if Munby said we had £10 million to spend some would be saying its not enough!! Football fans are often known for having very little patience.

Totaly agree Wiz,every season we bid big for a player who is worth a million or so more than we bid.We then sell all our best players and buy in a cheap replacements.

The good news this year is we won''t sell our best assets on the grounds we don''t have any :).

After the 8 loan signings go back (we might keep one) then Dublin retires and possibly the end of the Hux aswell we are left with the best part of naff all.

For me even if it is true we are going to spend money they have cried wolf one too many times for me,my season ticket is not getting renewed.

Spend money your having a laugh,I am sorry to say it but if they strip,strip and strip again there assets they can''t expect people to put up with it time and time again.

Far too much money has been spent off the pitch and not on it,I look forward to my return to Carrow Road but it won''t be until these money grabbing non football fools are no longer in charge of OUR football club.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]

Totaly agree Wiz,every season we bid big for a player who is worth a million or so more than we bid.We then sell all our best players and buy in a cheap replacements.

The good news this year is we won''t sell our best assets on the grounds we don''t have any :).

After the 8 loan signings go back (we might keep one) then Dublin retires and possibly the end of the Hux aswell we are left with the best part of naff all.

For me even if it is true we are going to spend money they have cried wolf one too many times for me,my season ticket is not getting renewed.

Spend money your having a laugh,I am sorry to say it but if they strip,strip and strip again there assets they can''t expect people to put up with it time and time again.

Far too much money has been spent off the pitch and not on it,I look forward to my return to Carrow Road but it won''t be until these money grabbing non football fools are no longer in charge of OUR football club.

[/quote]

First bit of good news today ! You''re not renewing your season ticket !  I''ll bet if any of the players read this forum they''ll be celebrating too.  I doubt any of them like the thought of having to perform in front of so call fans like you who describe them as the "best part of naff all".  I expect the people sitting around you will be mightily relieved when you don''t show up next season too, probably very grateful not to have to listen to you moan throughout the game.  Let''s hope a real supporter gets your seat to watch OUR club, hopefully in the Premiership next season. How gutted will you be then?

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]

I have thought long and hard about whether to renew my season ticket but have finally decided to renew it for 2 reasons, firstly the impact Roeder has had since his arrival has at least given me some hope for next season and secondly my mate who told me about Mr Cullum being interested in buying the club is adamant that the info was correct and negotiations are still ongoing which gives me even more hope things could change next season. I feel exactly the same way as you towards the current hierarchy at this club but I''ve been going so long now it would be very difficult for me to break the habit and not renew my ticket, the day that Delia and co sell up can''t come soon enough for me, without money they cannot take the club any further and I can''t see things changing until they sell up.

[/quote]

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"]

Why not wait until the summer? see what happens and then critisize

[/quote]

I have waited for every summer since Mike Walker II mate, and still this board hasn''t really backed any manager, let alone Glen  Roeder, cry wolf indeed.

As soon as City have sold their season tickets, out will come Mr Doncaster explaining why we must be prudent.

Its as certain as night follows day.[:|]

[quote user="Boot"]

......And the same pointless and ill-informed posts in reply.....YAWN

[/quote]

And thats the best, reasoned reply you can manage?......YAWN.[:|]

Oh you must be the greatest supporter in the world.Actualy I sit in one of the most vocal areas of the ground and always join in backing the team.It is the way the club is run for off field activitys and no money is spent on the team that i am not renewing.This is a football club where the football doesn''t  come first sadly.

And maybe it is just a co-incidence that the day after we read that the Board will be fully supporting the Manager in the summer lo and behold there''s an article in the EDP reminding people that the closing date for obtaining a discount on season tickets is upon us. Well, well, well.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is reason doesn''t work with you Wiz mate. You now rank a No1 in the table of attention seeking posters with nothing new to say. You just repeat the same old garbage. Even with your Hexing that was quite amusing at first, you just couldn''t stop until it was tedious. Munby has said this and there is little reason to doubt him, even if he is talking up season ticket sales. But as is pointed out even if the board does what it can it is not going to be enough for the Nancys.

[quote user="BigFish"]

Munby has said this and there is little reason to doubt him, even if he is talking up season ticket sales. [/quote]

Eh?

And they call me potty!.[:D]

" Actualy I sit in "Waste of money. Bet you use the bar and toilets as well. Expect the tickets to be printed rather than handwritten.So rather than perch up a tree to watch the game why not  actually tell us EXACTLY how much has been spend on what you call none football stuff and how much has been spent on the team.No wooly guessing, no idle speculation.Tell us exactly where there are going wrong money wise (you can round your figures down to the nearest thousand if it makes it easier)

The thing is Big Fish, 1st Wizard wasn''t being tedious with his original hexing posts, he was being positive.

Typical of him though he had to find a negative aspect so began posting he would stop hexing so the gullible would beg him not to do so and so he could resume, then stop, then resume and this is what is so mind numbingly tedious....the constant arse wipingly folorn negativity of an attention seeker.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is reason doesn''t work with you Wiz mate. You now rank a No1 in the table of attention seeking posters with nothing new to say. You just repeat the same old garbage. Even with your Hexing that was quite amusing at first, you just couldn''t stop until it was tedious. Munby has said this and there is little reason to doubt him, even if he is talking up season ticket sales. But as is pointed out even if the board does what it can it is not going to be enough for the Nancys.

[/quote]

There is plenty of reason to doubt him, he''s said exactly the same thing for the last 3 years and every year we have failed to invest enough in the team and sold any decent players we did have, as a result the team has gradually got worse and had it not been for the efforts of our new management team we''d already be in league 1. They have got out of jail this season and how people can still defend the way the club has been run in the last few years is beyond me. I''d like to think they would learn from their mistakes over the last few years but somehow I can''t see things changing without changes at the top.

[quote user="BigFish"]

Munby has said this and there is little reason to doubt him, even if he is talking up season ticket sales. [/quote]

Eh?

And they call me potty!.[:D]

[/quote]

Quoting out of context now, Wiz. Nice[:P]. The point was that there is no reason to doubt they will do what they feel they can, but if they do it still will not be enough for the Nancys like yourself.