Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

Substiutes Bench v Blackpool

I think i''d be correct in assuming we where at home on Saturday?

Good, i''m glad we agree on that, so can someone tell me why our bench consisted of 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder aswell as 1 striker?

When chasing the match in the 2nd half the only aggressive change that could be made was Ched for Crofty, and then JC had to play out of position. We only used 4 loan players Saturday so why was Henry not on the bench, i know he has been awful but at least he is an attack minded player, alternatively Martin, Eagle or Smart could have been included, at least we could then try something different. As it turned out we only made 2 changes and one of those was for an injury!!!

To be honest I think he picked the team assuming we had the wind at our backs in the first half, attacking the barclay. Hency why Huckerby started. And therefore we had a defensive minded bench ahead of a potential second half against the wind where we would likely to be defending. Unfortunately Blackpool won the toss and switched the ends. Meaning we had a far too attacking lineup playing against the wind when it was backs to the wall.

May be wrong though.. Just thats why I imagined Hucks started..

Erm maybe because our squad is so small we dont have any more attacking players?

Roeder was left with a squad of average players backed up by poor players. What do you expect - to win every game? We played poorly and got beat by a team that played well. We are not promotion material. We have a small squad.

These are just a few of the problems Roeder has. You are just another problem this club has.