Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Spanish jaunt cost us dearly!

And not just in money.................

Why uproot our training routine in a week when we play a freescoring Blackpool side, quickly followed by a daunting trip to Watford?.

Whats the point of a bonding exercise when 60% of the side will be dispanded soon?.

Blackpool needed no Spanish jolly to outclass us, get that again, bloody Blackpool beating us at home!.

I''m sorry, but GR got this horribly wrong, he would have been better keeping the squad together at Costa Colney and prepairing for the Blackpool game there, thus saving the club much needed money for the summer rebuild.

I firmly believe this ill advised foreign jaunt, badly affected todays result and its Glens fault, pure and simple.

Oh please be quiet, oh negative one.  Roeder was the "best thing to happen to Norwich" not three weeks ago.  How quickly we change, eh?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why uproot our training routine in a week when we play a freescoring Blackpool side, quickly followed by a daunting trip to Watford?.

Whats the point of a bonding exercise when 60% of the side will be dispanded soon?.

Blackpool needed no Spanish jolly to outclass us, get that again, bloody Blackpool beating us at home!.

I''m sorry, but GR got this horribly wrong, he would have been better keeping the squad together at Costa Colney and prepairing for the Blackpool game there, thus saving the club much needed money for the summer rebuild.

I firmly believe this ill advised foreign jaunt, badly affected todays result and its Glens fault, pure and simple.

[/quote]

I wonder if it was Velasco that came up with the idea..

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

just face it your not a dominant force in this league

results like this happen every week

and to every side

even to the better clubs in league i.e westbrom v hull last week

its not because of spain trip its just case of what happend on the day

1st Wizard you and your ilk look for any excuse to have a right good whinge when we get the wrong result. Perhaps if the team had not gone to Spain then maybe the result may have been much worse? I bet when you heard they had gone to Spain that you desperately hoped for a defeat today so that you could up your post count and score brownie points with the rest of Moan Utd. ?

and if we won GR would be a genius, wheeze wheeze.

Four months ago we all would have been happy with 21st spot now we go on a run and people start talking of the play offs, what a joke. say we did get a top six spot and then somehow won promotion we would be a laughing stock. Roeder needs time and his own team before a home match against anybody is a formality.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Oh please be quiet, oh negative one.  Roeder was the "best thing to happen to Norwich" not three weeks ago.  How quickly we change, eh?

[/quote]

So because Wiz, like myself has praised Roeder or anyone for that matter in the past we are not allowed to critcise methods from that point on? Tin of milk!

The players looked  off the pace, lacklustre and unmotivated - how Russell was missed.

Blackpool were making runs down the channels and we couldn''t live with them.

Fotheringham is in no position to blackmail the Club over buying players - he needs to prove a few things himself.

Croft is getting slower again, can''t score, and is League 1 standard.

Bertrand and Pearce were made to look inexperienced as Blackpool players consistently ran between them.

Gibbs is a skillful lightweight, but Pattison should have started ahead of him.

Dublin is a top man but has little more to give.

Huckerby is semi-retired and reacts so dramatically to being fouled his heart is surely no longer in it.

Otsemobor cannot defend.

Cureton will never score in this side because it ignores his strengths.

Wiz is right to question the Spanish trip.....why break the routine? Why did Spurs spend the night at a hotel last end of season - why do Clubs decide to stop doing what has worked because they think it will somehow improve things?

Roeder has done great, but he isn''t beyond criticism - although he reacts poorly to it - and there is no reason not to criticise him anymore than there is to praise him.

Today''s performance was total sh1t and you could sense it from the off.

Pattison came on and suddenly we won the 50-50 balls and Blackpool couldn''t play like Brazil. We enjoyed our run with one winger but today we played with slo-mo Croft and half arsed Darren - and how he got MOTM was a joke. MOTM was Pattison because he, along with Ched (when he belatedly came on) was the only NCFC player who played like it mattered.

I personally fail to give a toss about how many players we have out of contract or going back on loan. This close season gives us a blank canvass although following Munby''s comments I want to hear from Roeder how committed HE is to building something here long term. Perhaps he is worried he is just a Mr. Fix-It as his record shows and he cannot cut building a teamsecond season and beyond - come on Glenn - stay and prove yourself unless you want to be a ''nearly manager.''

I am furious about today, well played Blackpool - you brought a lot of support - but as for our shower it was Costa Win, Playa Stinker and El- Bore-ado. You probably put the beer in Iberia and left your form on the golf course.

I don''t think it was so much the Spanish trip as putting out the boys against the men. Blackpool are a big physical team, Gibbs was outmuscled, Pearce wasn''t as effective as last week - Shackell would have given us a more physical presence at centre back, Bertrand was beaten too  many times in the air for my liking.

The other fact that struck me today was the inclusion of Croft and Huckerby meant our midfield was overrun and meant we reverted to 4 - 2 -4.

I will not lay too  much blame at the Spanish trip but do think that Roeder has now got the Leicester and Blackpool team selections wrong, having said that I think that was the worst refereeing performance for some time.

Glenn and Clarky looked as though they''d been dipped in Bisto........I thought it was gonna be all work........no play?

Pi$$ poor performance.......Slow to every ball and just weren''t up for it.....[N]

I don''t know who is more predictable? The stupid Wizzard character, the racist Whittle character, or the I pretend to support wolves character?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

The players looked  off the pace, lacklustre and unmotivated - how Russell was missed.

Blackpool were making runs down the channels and we couldn''t live with them.

Fotheringham is in no position to blackmail the Club over buying players - he needs to prove a few things himself.

Croft is getting slower again, can''t score, and is League 1 standard.

Bertrand and Pearce were made to look inexperienced as Blackpool players consistently ran between them.

Gibbs is a skillful lightweight, but Pattison should have started ahead of him.

Dublin is a top man but has little more to give.

Huckerby is semi-retired and reacts so dramatically to being fouled his heart is surely no longer in it.

Otsemobor cannot defend.

Cureton will never score in this side because it ignores his strengths.

Wiz is right to question the Spanish trip.....why break the routine? Why did Spurs spend the night at a hotel last end of season - why do Clubs decide to stop doing what has worked because they think it will somehow improve things?

Roeder has done great, but he isn''t beyond criticism - although he reacts poorly to it - and there is no reason not to criticise him anymore than there is to praise him.

Today''s performance was total sh1t and you could sense it from the off.

Pattison came on and suddenly we won the 50-50 balls and Blackpool couldn''t play like Brazil. We enjoyed our run with one winger but today we played with slo-mo Croft and half arsed Darren - and how he got MOTM was a joke. MOTM was Pattison because he, along with Ched (when he belatedly came on) was the only NCFC player who played like it mattered.

I personally fail to give a toss about how many players we have out of contract or going back on loan. This close season gives us a blank canvass although following Munby''s comments I want to hear from Roeder how committed HE is to building something here long term. Perhaps he is worried he is just a Mr. Fix-It as his record shows and he cannot cut building a teamsecond season and beyond - come on Glenn - stay and prove yourself unless you want to be a ''nearly manager.''

I am furious about today, well played Blackpool - you brought a lot of support - but as for our shower it was Costa Win, Playa Stinker and El- Bore-ado. You probably put the beer in Iberia and left your form on the golf course.

[/quote]Another post I whole-heartedly agree with Rude Old.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

So because Wiz, like myself has praised Roeder or anyone for that matter in the past we are not allowed to critcise methods from that point on? Tin of milk!

[/quote]

"Tin of milk"? "Tin of milk"????  What on earth does that mean?

Anyway, bizarre metaphors aside, I don''t think Wiz (and you for that matter) can expect not to get responses like the one above given that about 98% of what you post is depressing pessimistic criticism.

[quote user="bunny"]1st Wizard you and your ilk look for any excuse to have a right good whinge when we get the wrong result. Perhaps if the team had not gone to Spain then maybe the result may have been much worse? I bet when you heard they had gone to Spain that you desperately hoped for a defeat today so that you could up your post count and score brownie points with the rest of Moan Utd. ?[/quote]

......and you of ''your ilk'' would ''big up'' and ''butt-kiss'' the board, even if they saw us relegated......with the rest of ''Apathetic Athletic.''

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re welcome to, but when it''s praise/criticise/praise/criticise, it gets a bit wearing.

Anyway, isn''t there a rally you should be at?

To the flim flam, wrist wringing apologists who replied to this thread:

1. When you''re faced with a logical debate, and the fact that GR may have messed up, your only defence is to attack and ridicule the poster who dared criticised GR and his team policies. You bring no counter arguement to a debate as usual.

2. I still believe in Glen Roeder, so far, he has worked miracles.

3. As to the above, no one, not even GR, should be above criticisim as Arthur Whittle quite rightly said. Mike Walker, our best ever manager imo, said he often made mistakes, and I expect GR would admit to that too!.

4. I will never be scared to voice my beliefs on here just to keep a few Percy Positives happy. I care deeply about NCFC, and I will always say things as I see them.......................and I will continue to keep saying them, moderators permitting.

[quote user="bunny"]1st Wizard you and your ilk look for any excuse to have a right good whinge when we get the wrong result. Perhaps if the team had not gone to Spain then maybe the result may have been much worse? I bet when you heard they had gone to Spain that you desperately hoped for a defeat today so that you could up your post count and score brownie points with the rest of Moan Utd. ?[/quote]

Here we go again. Someone posts a constructive and IMO very well founded point and the Roedents rush out with cries of "whinger" "moaner" and so on. It''s not whinging but thoughtful observation but of course "He who must be obeyed" must never be criticised. We all know what a great job he has done, so far, for our club but that does not, repeat not, make him immune from the odd piece of constructive criticism.

"what''s all the fuss about?''

The performance, that''s what

It was extremely poor - and even in the unbeaten run we have rarely looked good. In fact, a lot of the time we have won, or drawn, playing pretty ugly football. We did, however, appear to be trying.

Yesterday there seemed to be a complete lack of interest - Rudolph''s post above sums it up perfectly.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

just face it your not a dominant force in this league

results like this happen every week

and to every side

even to the better clubs in league i.e westbrom v hull last week

its not because of spain trip its just case of what happend on the day

[/quote]

Wolves are only 5 points ahead of us so you''re not that much better

I was amazed at how Blackpool avoided being tackled so often - was it just they were too quick or were we too reluctant to put the challenges in? (or both?)

The ref was a stinker however. The second goal shouldn''t have stood when Fozzy was down. And the linesmen are just as disgraceful for not flagging it up either.

The first goal was too easy for them to score. Some say Marshall couldn''t have done anything about it, some think he simply stood still too long before backtracking. Either way it was still too easy a goal for them. A gift you might say.

Why are we so scared to take players on? As soon as we get the ball its always "pass it back to the goal keeper to boot it forward and place it back into opposition possession"

And the ultimate question thats plagued us even when PG was here - Why are we still so scared to shoot? At least Pattison showed the rest of our team what to do with his 25 yarder, narrowly missing the bar. The rest didn''t dare take a shot from even half that distance and I want to know why?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

......and you of ''your ilk'' would ''big up'' and ''butt-kiss'' the board, even if they saw us relegated......with the rest of ''Apathetic Athletic.''

[/quote]

Where do I mention the Board in my statement? When results go against us there are a bunch of FMs who will look for any excuse to have a go at the Club; primary targets being the Board, secondly the Manager and thirdly whichever player is scapegoat of the month. As I said, if we had won today then GR would have been applauded for his "brainwave" of taking the boys to Spain. There''s nothing wrong with criticism when there is probably a valid reason for it, but there is no evidence to suggest that the Spanish trip was directly responsible for the defeat yesterday. Perhaps if 1st Wizard had worded his OP better then I would not have found it so objectionable and typical.

c.t it wasnt dig at norwich

but seriously hands up who thought you beat blackpool easy? im guessing 90% of you thought all you had to do was turn up yesterday for 3pts, i read comment on scorelines prediction at least 75% post were saying easy win. only one or two said hold on blackpool are half decent you know

c.t 5pts better gd - (6pts) game in hand vs scunthorpe at home! chance for 8pts ahead (9pts technically)

but i think its credit to norwich for getting so far up league

1st time you really got mentioned today on championship for your run which is pretty poor as you been some what great this 2nd half season

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Wiz...its not constructive but your talking sh*t. Spain or not, the result today has no bearing on the result. If we won you would be sayin how great an idea it was! Crawl back into your hole.[/quote]

My morning smile.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Wiz...its not constructive but your talking sh*t. Spain or not, the result today has no bearing on the result. If we won you would be sayin how great an idea it was! Crawl back into your hole.[/quote]

My morning smile.

[/quote]

And yet you said you agreed with me YC, hmm?.