Sign in to follow this  
Don,tPanic

Gibbs...just because he comes from Arsenal!!!!!

Just because he comes from Arsenal does not mean he,s any good......Gibbs was once again today way off the pace, he,s lightweight and not competitive enough,he mostly stood around as the game passed him by........Roeder has done fantastic since he,s been here but this last week has not been good, first the bizzare and unwarrented attack on Neil Adams ( can,t he take somebody else having a different view)  I happen to agree with roeder about Huckerby, he should have been dropped long ago and once again today was poor but that does not mean Adams can not have a opinion............................then his team selection for today (yes I was there as always) playing Gibbs is a big mistake and it makes it worse when Huckerby is in as well as we are carrying 2 lightweight players, we should have started with Camara at fullback with Bertrand in front of him Fozzy and Pattison ( Russell when available )  in midfield and Croft on the right...this way we are much more competitive in this league and harder to beat, as i say Glenn has done good but his picking of Gibbs and Huckerby is wrong

How dare you criticize "He who must be obeyed" ! Seriously, good post and as it''s Saturday evening I can''t be bothered adding to it except to say to to all you Roedents ........ yes, I think he''s done a great job too but he''s not immune to criticism.

[quote user="DontPanic"]Just because he comes from Arsenal does not mean he,s any good......Gibbs was once again today way off the pace, he,s lightweight and not competitive enough,he mostly stood around as the game passed him by........Roeder has done fantastic since he,s been here but this last week has not been good, first the bizzare and unwarrented attack on Neil Adams ( can,t he take somebody else having a different view)  I happen to agree with roeder about Huckerby, he should have been dropped long ago and once again today was poor but that does not mean Adams can not have a opinion............................then his team selection for today (yes I was there as always) playing Gibbs is a big mistake and it makes it worse when Huckerby is in as well as we are carrying 2 lightweight players, we should have started with Camara at fullback with Bertrand in front of him Fozzy and Pattison ( Russell when available )  in midfield and Croft on the right...this way we are much more competitive in this league and harder to beat, as i say Glenn has done good but his picking of Gibbs and Huckerby is wrong[/quote]agreed - we we''re all also wanting evans to start up front in lower block e of the barclay - although opinion was split over  starting hucks /plastic on left wing, and  mo at left back.  also, shax should''ve been  in the starting line-up, his form of late has been solid to warrant a starting berth - is he carrying an injury - anyone know???no way was this our strongest team - and it showed, through an appalling first half. 

Interesting how we see games differently. I like Croft but thought he was not at his best today and didn''t Hucks get MOM? He was dangerous on the ball and should have a cast iron penalty

Agree totally about Gibbs. He has had his chance but he most certainly is not ready for this league yet.

Very good point. Are all players that have been on the books at Chelsea, Liverpool, Man u, Arsenal etc going to be good signings? E.G. Jody Morris played for St Johnston today and was once tyipped as the next big thing at chelsea. He did score today though.

Quite agree that Gibbs just isnt up to it, lighweight, doesnt get stuck into tackles and looks well out of his depth.

Stop playing him Roeder just to keep Arsenal happy, Pattison is much better than him and should be first choice when Fozzy or Rusty are injured/suspended.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Quite agree that Gibbs just isnt up to it, lighweight, doesnt get stuck into tackles and looks well out of his depth.

Stop playing him Roeder just to keep Arsenal happy, Pattison is much better than him and should be first choice when Fozzy or Rusty are injured/suspended.

[/quote]

Have to disagree with the consensus on this post and say how can you judge someone who has played only three games for the first team. I admit he struggled today but he is an 18 year old with bags of potential. Soooooo frustrated at the fickle nature of some of our fans who are taking a rather cynical approach to the loan signings. What choice did we have, bottom of the league and six points adrift and now mid table. I am happy with that as i though we were doomed in October.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Gibbs is lightweight, definitely not an ''Up an'' Atom'' type of player....and there''s a long way to go before he becomes the ''right particle.''

Gibbs is ''Quantum''.........Me no ''Wantum''.......[:|]

Shhhhh, you''ll upset all those Arsenal fans in their ivory towers.

They all seem to believe that because he''s from Arsenal then he must be the best thing since sliced bread.

he may look good at arsenal but in this league you dont get time on the ball as you do in the prem. he is far too lightweight, maybe the pounds martin needs to lose should be given to gibbs to toughen him up!!!!!!

I have gotta say the way he bottled tackles and 50/50 balls was embarrassing today.  Just before the second goal he went in for a tackle that he was first too and should have won, but he went in so weakly the Blackpool player came away with the ball. Blackpool proceeded to score from thr resulting attack...His performance against Barnsley was ok and a big improvement over the Hull game, but without Pattison doing so much legwork he looked seriously exposed yesterday.At the current time I don''t think he is a decent option if we are also playing Hucks and Croft as it leaves 3 passengers in midfield.

I have to disagree, I thought he was one of our better players in a poor team performance.

I agree with what others have said about him being lightweight and pushed off the ball easily, but he is only eighteen and will surely fill out physically in time.

What others have failed to notice though is how much work he put into his performance yesterday.  He was up and down that pitch covering miles.  He has bags of pace and gets back to help the defence regularly.  Likewise he made some clever runs into the box and wasn''t picked out. 

It''s wrong to give him such a hard time when he''s only played three games for this club and more significantly, only played three ''real'' professional games in his career.

Whether Roeder is right to be playing such an inexperienced lad for some crucial games is up for question, but that is not Gibbs fault and he is obliged to play when called on. 

I see him as a player who has potential and someone who needs games to fulfill that.  He surely won''t get close to the Arsenal team for at least another couple of seasons yet, so I wonder if Roeder is taking a look at him with a view to getting him on a season long loan next season?

Give him time and don''t be too quick do down young, raw talent.  Maybe he won''t set the world alight here but let''s make sure that''s not because us as supporters have torn his confidence to shreads!

Anyone but a fool can see he has potential.  What he lacks is confidence and seems a bit shocked by the physical nature of it.  But this will change.  If Roeder got him on a season loan next year I think he will do very well for us once he has toughened up.

[quote user="JC"]

Anyone but a fool can see he has potential.  What he lacks is confidence and seems a bit shocked by the physical nature of it.  But this will change.  If Roeder got him on a season loan next year I think he will do very well for us once he has toughened up.

[/quote]

I dont.. its all about Attitude... Gibbs doesnt want to play for "little" Norwich as he thinks he''s above us.... stick him in any other premiership side and suddenyl he''s "the big man in the big league"... same with David Bentley.. he didnt give 2 shiny sh*ts about us either!

jas :)

I see no problem with his attitude - he seems like a nice kid from what I have heard from and about him in the press. He also looks technically decent. The problem is that he doesn''t really do anything when he plays CM, looks lightweight and left us defensively exposed a lot on saturday. He may well turn out to be a good player but he''s not ready to play that role for us yet and at the end of the day we are not a nursery club for the likes of Reading and Arsenal. If he''s good enough (like Ched and Bertrand) he should play. If not then i''m afraid he shouldn''t. At the moment I am not sure that is what is happening.

I stand corrected. Well, maybe I don''t. Anyway, after last weekend I defended Gibbs on here, however he was poor today and the game did pass him by. He didn''t manage to make up for his lightweight influence on the game with the neat touches of the previous week.

Although, as a subpoint, playing Fozzy and Gibbs was never going to be a good idea was it, Chris Lakey hit the nail when he said that the Gibbs/Pattison combo is an inexperienced Russell/Fozzy partnership. You have to play the battler with the passer - which is why we looked a bit better int he second half with Patti doing a bit of the leg work. That boy can ''alf tackle can''t he? Two crunchers towards the South Stand/River End corner.

Disagree about Hucks. If he wasn''t playing Saturday we would have had no spark whatsoever - and that''s not an opinion, that''s just plain fact.

I''m glad others are seeing what I''ve seen for the last 2 games!

I was ''slagged'' off big time on here last week for saying the same thing!

Though ironically in Gibbs'' defence I thought on Saturday he had his best game for us so far cause he done some nice passing allbeit sideways and backwards mainly and was trying to get stuck in and even made a couple of tackles!

BUT he was still lightweight, no threat to the opposition and largely let the game pass him by which was why our midfield was over ran until Pattison came on. Gibbs was also at fault for Blackpools 1st goal cause he had the chance to put in a bread and butter tackle on the edge of the Norwich area and break up an attack but his tackle was half hearted and Blackpool were 1-0 up 5-10 seconds later!

I give him credit for looking like he was trying on Saturday but hes still not good enough for this Division full stop regardless of whether he comes from Arsenal!

Funny people are slagging him after Saturdays game which was his best for us so far but were praising him for last Saturdays performance when he was worse!

I can''t wait for Russell to comeback!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I dont.. its all about Attitude... Gibbs doesnt want to play for "little" Norwich as he thinks he''s above us!

jas :)

[/quote]

What an absolute load of bollocks!

You''ve never met Gibbs and you know nothing about his attitude around the club. Yet you see fit to slag him off just because he doesn''t act like what you expect from a Championship style midfielder. Well guess what Jas there''s more to football than giving it 110% and hoofing it, otherwise Andy Hughes would be playing in the Champions League. I''m not suggesting that he''s set the world alight in his two and a half games and I wouldn''t play him tonight against Watford, but let''s give the lad a chance.

Oh and David Bentleys performances towards the end of our Premiership season were one of the reasons we went into the last game of the season with a chance of staying up. Not bad for somebody who didn''t give two shiny sh*ts about us.