Sign in to follow this  
All dots

Roeder no ! No Roeder ! Don't be childish !

Said manager Glenn Roeder: “Darren Huckerby is a massive doubt with a groin injury that he said he sustained early in the game.

“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.”

[quote user="All dots"]

Said manager Glenn Roeder: “Darren Huckerby is a massive doubt with a groin injury that he said he sustained early in the game.

“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.”

[/quote]

"... and roeders got proof" like Worthy had before Ashton signed for west ham ;)

jas :)

He is certainly very prickly. I have to say i do fear for how things might turn out if we have a dodgy patch and he starts to get more criticism from the fans. Its been pretty tame so far but he is showing signs that he takes criticism very badly and I could see him having some fallouts with our fans next season if he doesn''t chill out a bit!

Maybe he is just trying to stop Wiz from starting a thread on Tuesday night moaning that a loanee has taken Huckerbys place in the team. [:P]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He is certainly very prickly. I have to say i do fear for how things might turn out if we have a dodgy patch and he starts to get more criticism from the fans. Its been pretty tame so far but he is showing signs that he takes criticism very badly and I could see him having some fallouts with our fans next season if he doesn''t chill out a bit![/quote]

Having said that I agree all this is part and parcel of being a manager. Id hate to think how he would respond to Roeder out demonstrations, car stickers etc

Sadly for the second time in as many weeks GR decides to have a little snipe; firstly Neil Adam''s now the fans.  Really am finding it extremely childish and rather pathetic.  Grow up Roeder.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Given all the rumours, newspaper reports etc. I think Glenns entitled to a sarcastic dig.[/quote]

Too true Trent. Some people are definitely displaying a lack of sense of humour. I expect Glenn is having a good old giggle here. Probably won''t stop "Wiz''s Whingers" having a pop at him over it though.

First an unwarranted attack on Neil Adams and now us, a bit childish is you ask me!

There really are some Sensitive Simons (Simones?) on here aren''t there. I wonder how many of you would of been moaning if Huck''s had vanished without a trace again? Anyway, I don''t know how many of you have seen the full article that this comes from, but here''s another comment he made:

"I could keep this under my hat, but I would rather do this for our supporters,"

Does that really sound like someone who''s ''having a dig''?

Has anyone heard him speaking the words as I''m interested in knowing how he said them. There are many ways that the written word can be taken - normally the way the reader wants it to sound! He could have been sincere & concerned, joking or sarcastic. Quite honestly I can hear him saying those words in any of the ways mentioned but their meaning could be interpreted differently.

I''m giving him the benefit of the doubt for now but I didn''t like what he said regarding Neil Adams and I thought Neil was very gracious when asked about it on Saturday.

[quote user="cityangel"]First an unwarranted attack on Neil Adams and now us, a bit childish is you ask me![/quote]

Hardly an attack on the fans! I think its just a funny comment to kill any rumours which WILL arise if Hucks is nowhere to be seen tomorrow.

You can just see it now on Canary Call tomorrow when Hucks is seen in Waitrose...."HaloooooNeil, that Roeders gotta goo as i hev just sin  Hucks down the crisp aisle ata soooopermaaaarket sharpin!!" I heard they fell ooout!"

So no....i dont think Roeder should smile and accept ant drivel that posters on here will conjure up! Good on ya Glenn! Finally we have a manager with a sense of humour! NW anyone, Knowhatamean?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="cityangel"]First an unwarranted attack on Neil Adams and now us, a bit childish is you ask me![/quote]

Hardly an attack on the fans! I think its just a funny comment to kill any rumours which WILL arise if Hucks is nowhere to be seen tomorrow.

You can just see it now on Canary Call tomorrow when Hucks is seen in Waitrose...."HaloooooNeil, that Roeders gotta goo as i hev just sin  Hucks down the crisp aisle ata soooopermaaaarket sharpin!!" I heard they fell ooout!"

So no....i dont think Roeder should smile and accept ant drivel that posters on here will conjure up! Good on ya Glenn! Finally we have a manager with a sense of humour! NW anyone, Knowhatamean?

[/quote]

Ok, I can accept that the comment re the fans could be him having a sense of humour ,  but what about the attack on Neil Adams ? ( which I thought he dealt with very graciously on canary call.)

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

Ok, I can accept that the comment re the fans could be him having a sense of humour ,  but what about the attack on Neil Adams ? ( which I thought he dealt with very graciously on canary call.)

[/quote]Well, he would, wouldn''t he?  Or start a feud and get fired by the club.  The fact a club employee provides "punditry" to Radio Norfolk shows what a cosy set-up it is here in East Anglia.I think what Roeder said about Adams was fair enough.  Ditto what he''s said about the fans.  People forget he has a sense of humour, in fact if you look at his opening interview for Norwich and how he referenced his brain tumour, he''s clearly got a very dry wit.

[quote user="James Maloney"]

I think what Roeder said about Adams was fair enough. 

[/quote]

Whys that then?

Adams merely said that Hucks would always be in his 16 man squad if he was fit and Roeder said

''''And yet these nasty, irritating people that try and cause confrontation between myself and a player, between myself and supporters, are just bad people. “They are people who will never manage a football club, they have little idea of managing a football club and yet they have a voice that reaches our supporters.
“It is easy being a manager when you are one of 25,000 sitting in the stand or if you are an ex-player who is now working for the media who will never manage anything better than an under-10 team, thinking he knows best - and you know what I''m talking about, and I will deal with that, trust me. ''''

Why did Neil deserve that, he was just giving his opinion which he''s entitled to do!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="James Maloney"]

I think what Roeder said about Adams was fair enough.  [/quote]

Whys that then?

Adams merely said that Hucks would always be in his 16 man squad if he was fit and Roeder said

''''And yet these nasty, irritating people that try and cause confrontation between myself and a player, between myself and supporters, are just bad people. “They are people who will never manage a football club, they have little idea of managing a football club and yet they have a voice that reaches our supporters. “It is easy being a manager when you are one of 25,000 sitting in the stand or if you are an ex-player who is now working for the media who will never manage anything better than an under-10 team, thinking he knows best - and you know what I''m talking about, and I will deal with that, trust me. ''''

Why did Neil deserve that, he was just giving his opinion which he''s entitled to do!

[/quote]We''ve already been over this in another thread.It ended with the rational and reasonable posters out debating the knee jerk lynch mob huckerby stalking yokels.Funny that....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I don''t see the point of the virtiol against Adams but as for this thread it is as tongue in cheek as was Roeder''s comment to the supporters.[/quote]

How do you know where his tongue was then ?!  I have to say that having seen Roeder interviewed on a number of occasions over the years and listened to his utterances I suspect that the title to this thread is entirely apposite............. and of course I am very grateful to GR for saving our club but as Citizen (I think) said time will tell whether or not GR is more than an impact manager. Personally, I believe he will maximise on his short term achievement here and use it as a platform to get back into the premiership during the summer.

[quote user="All dots"]

Said manager Glenn Roeder: “Darren Huckerby is a massive doubt with a groin injury that he said he sustained early in the game.“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.”

[/quote]I think its damn funny, nice one Glen!