Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Should Dublin start against Watford?

Personally I would start with Evans and Cureton up front,  and either leave Dublin on the bench or play him alongside Pearce in the back four.

Dublin has to start against Watford, as does Camara. Watford are a long ball team and will attack us with long balls, long throws and corners, with players like Henderson and Shittu to contend with, we need a physical side out.

i would go with evans and curo, with dubs on the bench.  he''s a liability in defence these days - as for pearce, he should be benched after sat - shax was in good form before losing his place - bouncing back well after losing confidence under grant.  i feel really sorry for shax that hes had to make way.we''ve gota play tighter against watford, and so hucks on the bench - with plastic back on left wing, mo at left back, and matty patty in for gibbs (out of squad for me) - assuming fozzy recovers. 

Marshall

Sem, Doherty, Shackell or Dublin (depending on fitness), Camara

Croft, Fotheringham, Pattison, Bertrand

Evans Cureton

For me this is the best lineup, its clear Fozzy and Gibbs dont work that well together, and without Rusty for another game we need someone who can throw his weight about and go in for challenges

[quote user="No1.Croft.Fan"]Marshall Sem, Doherty, Shackell or Dublin (depending on fitness), Camara Croft, Fotheringham, Pattison, Bertrand Evans Cureton For me this is the best lineup, its clear Fozzy and Gibbs dont work that well together, and without Rusty for another game we need someone who can throw his weight about and go in for challenges[/quote]

No Hucks or Pearce?

I''d go for

Marshall

Velasco Doc Shacks Camara

Hucks Fozzy Spillane Patty

Dublin Evans

Subs: Gilks, Pearce, Bertrand, Croft, JC

I would have Dubs up front so he can help out at defensive set-pieces, recall Spillane and Pattison  for their combative styles and have Hucks as the wide outlet as Crofty has had a couple of quiet games. We know it will be a war on Tuesday so lets be ready for one!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i would go with evans and curo, with dubs on the bench.  he''s a liability in defence these days - as for pearce, he should be benched after sat - shax was in good form before losing his place - bouncing back well after losing confidence under grant.  i feel really sorry for shax that hes had to make way.

we''ve gota play tighter against watford, and so hucks on the bench - with plastic back on left wing, mo at left back, and matty patty in for gibbs (out of squad for me) - assuming fozzy recovers. 
[/quote] Dublin a liability at the back? You must be having a laugh. What a stupid comment.

[quote user="silver fox"]Personally I would start with Evans and Cureton up front,  and either leave Dublin on the bench or play him alongside Pearce in the back four.[/quote]

Looks like you have lost all your support in your quest to get rid of The Doc, but all credit to you for sticking to your guns.

Personally I would start with Evans and Cureton up front,  and either leave Dublin on the bench or play him alongside Pearce in the back four.

Looks like you have lost all your support in your quest to get rid of The Doc, but all credit to you for sticking to your guns.

Nutty, it isn''t a quest to get rid of Doherty, it is the fact I prefer two central defenders who can play the ball out of defence to our players.  Despite Pearce not having such a good game this weekend,  he still managed to get the ball to our players more often than ''hoof it and hope'' Doherty.

I must admire you for sticking with Doherty, and would you care to have a wager as to whether he will be a first choice centre back next season?

[quote user="silver fox"]

Nutty, it isn''t a quest to get rid of Doherty, it is the fact I prefer two central defenders who can play the ball out of defence to our players.  Despite Pearce not having such a good game this weekend,  he still managed to get the ball to our players more often than ''hoof it and hope'' Doherty.

I must admire you for sticking with Doherty, and would you care to have a wager as to whether he will be a first choice centre back next season?

[/quote]

I prefer that too Silver Fox. That''s why I would never prefer Dublin at the back in place of Doherty. Dublin is slower than Doherty, he loses his man more than  Doherty, his distribution is worse than Doherty. The Doc has been our best central defender this season and that includes Dublin, Pearce and Taylor. What games do you watch?

Over the last few games i think it is clear to see why Dublin is retiring.

He has a few good touches per match - occassionally an assit or a goal. However he is struggling to hold up the ball meaning a tougher job for our midfielders, obviously no pace, does not have to many shots - only really headers.

Do not get me wrong Dubli has been brilliant for us, and he is what we do not have - a LEADER on the pitch. However i would love to see the day norwich have 2 good all round strikers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="silver fox"]

[/quote]

I prefer that too Silver Fox. That''s why I would never prefer Dublin at the back in place of Doherty. Dublin is slower than Doherty, he loses his man more than  Doherty, his distribution is worse than Doherty. The Doc has been our best central defender this season and that includes Dublin, Pearce and Taylor. What games do you watch?

[/quote]All the Norwich home games Nutty.  Surely you don''t expect a 38 yr old to be quicker than a 27yr old, although there isn''t much in it between the two.  Dublin hasn''t played in the back four for at least four months so if you do attend games I can''t see how you can compare them.   I assume you are just taking the mickey if you think Doherty is better than Taylor.  It is too early to judge Pearce, but I think he will be a top defender in the future.

You still haven''t answered the question re Doherty first choice next season.

I think Doherty has been outstanding, perhaps former centre half Roeder has helped his game. Doherty is most improved player under Roeder for me, he looks fit, he looks quick and he does his job. It isn''t Doc''s fault we can''t hold the ball in midfield or score enough goals.

I like the Idea of Velasco playing at right back as semmy is clearly not good enough defensively and doesn''t have the confidence to do what he is best at and thats create that extra man on the overlap.

Hucks is injured for certain,

Marshall

Velasco Doc Shacks Camara

Croft Fozzy Matty Bertrand

Dublin Evans

Subs - Gilks, Pearce, Semmy, Cureton, Martin

I think Pearce has a bright future ahead of him but i would rather see our own player who will be playing for the next year in defence and is as equally as good.

I had to miss my first game of the season against Blackpool, but I saw the goal and thought, again, Semmy was poor in the goal, sometimes he is the best player we have and he certainly has the potential to be a Premiership player, othertimes he is so poor and I would give the new Spanish player a go alongside Shacks, Doc and Mo, I take it Hucks will play. Just have a feeling that he will ''shake off'' the injury at the last moment. Have Fozzy, Patty and Croft with him and play Curo and Evans upfront, I would have Dubs on the bench, Watford can bully teams, if we play our usual passing game then hopefully we can bypass the bullyboy tactics of them, but we need to stand up and be counted and there is where players like Dublin can come in.

God, I want us to win, I hate Watford.

[quote user="silver fox"]

All the Norwich home games Nutty.  Surely you don''t expect a 38 yr old to be quicker than a 27yr old, although there isn''t much in it between the two.  Dublin hasn''t played in the back four for at least four months so if you do attend games I can''t see how you can compare them.   I assume you are just taking the mickey if you think Doherty is better than Taylor.  It is too early to judge Pearce, but I think he will be a top defender in the future.

You still haven''t answered the question re Doherty first choice next season.

[/quote]

No I don''t expect a 38 year old centre forward to be quicker than a 27 year old centre back. Or do I expect him to be a better defender. I notice that Doherty has been first choice for 3 seasons now under 3 different managers, they all realise he is the best centre back at the club. When he was injured we brought in Taylor who played really well for us but interestingly we did no better with him in the side and actually conceded more goals. Taylor and Doherty are different players and who is better can only be personal opinion, however those that say Doherty''s distribution is worse than Dublin or Pearce surely see what they want to see and not the reality of what happens in games. Like those who say The Doc is slow and regularly gets done for pace, it just doesn''t happen.

Now, as for your wager my friend, it''s a strange one. The Doc is out of contract at the end of this season and unlike last season the club don''t hold an option. If he signs another contract it will surely mean he will be first choice. It''s an important contract for Doherty as it will take him past 30. He will obviously have offers from elsewhere to consider too. Part of me hope he takes an offer from elsewhere because the unwarranted criticism he gets at here at times makes me angry. The guy actually does play for the badge and is braver than most, he is a super guy if you meet him and has time for everyone. He seems to be extremely popular with the other players especially those who play alongside him and if he does go elsewhere he would be a big player to replace at a time where we may have to replace Dublin and Huckerby too. The thing with betting on internet forums is people rarely pay up so if your urge to have a bet is so strong come and have a go on the Free Bet Thread this weekend.

Dublin should start against Watford if fit because he is the best centre forward at the club. Doherty should start if fit because he is the best centre half.

Yes.

Erm, am I supposed to elabourate here? Ok, we need some height up front against Watford, not to mention defending set pieces in our own box where Dion is invaluable, especially when compared to little Curo or Ched.

Therefore:

Marsh

Semi   Doc   Pearce   Mo

Crofty   Fozzy   Patty   Bertie

Curo   Dion

subs: Gilks, Cheddars, Shacks, Gibbs, Hucks(if fit) or Vela

Gotta keep Curo in as he''s 2 in 2 and could be on the road to a good scoring run.

Semmy has to start, not because he has any right to be first chioce right back (I don''t think he is good enough) but because it is a bit of a big game to give Valesco his first start. I would like to see Shax return to the starting line up with Doc as they are more physical than Pearce. Mo has to be a definate starter at left back with Plastic in front of him. I agree that Fozzy should be partnered with Matty Patty as Gibbs is too light weight. Croft should start on the right as he is in form but he needs to play well the whole game. Up front is tough. Do you start 2 in 2 Curo, Evans or Dubbers? You have to think we may be in with a shout of victory with 20 mins to go so who is going to make the biggest impact from the bench. That has to be Evans. Especially if he replaces Dubbers but I have not seen enough of Curo, especially Saturday, to warrant a starting place. However, to drop him could dent his confidence after scoring 2 in 2. I would stick with the two that started Saturday I think as Evans will make the biggest impact when he comes on. Dubbers can then have a rest at the weekend!

It''s a shame Cedric Anselin isn''t still here. He''d have done a job!