Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Yeah, Yeah, Nice Try Glen!

“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the

bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.” Yeah nice try at

patronizing us Glen [I accept he''s injured this time] but that

statement shows you obviously feel the pressure having got the team

selection wrong several times now, It still doesnt give you  justification for playing a cr@p 13 yr old for the next few games though!

What do you guys want, he''s just masterminded a classic revival, looses a couple of games and you start jumping down his throat.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.” Yeah nice try at patronizing us Glen [I accept he''s injured this time] but that statement shows you obviously feel the pressure having got the team selection wrong several times now, It still doesnt give you  justification for playing a cr@p 13 yr old for the next few games though!
[/quote]

It was probably irony mate, he knows what this message board is like.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]What do you guys want, he''s just masterminded a classic revival, looses a couple of games and you start jumping down his throat.[/quote]

I know disgraceful.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]All I''ll say is I saw the funny side. Did anyone else spot it too?[/quote]Yes it was so funny I almost split my sides! I bet `Short Term Glen` has you rolling in the stands every time he screws up yet another team selection!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]“So for our supporters, if they see he''s not starting or even on the

bench tomorrow night, it''s because he''s injured.” Yeah nice try at

patronizing us Glen [I accept he''s injured this time] but that

statement shows you obviously feel the pressure having got the team

selection wrong several times now, It still doesnt give you  justification for playing a cr@p 13 yr old for the next few games though![/quote]People who act like spoilt children, deserve to be treated like them. Well said Glenn, I found it very funny indeed!! :)Maybe it doesn''t show he feels the pressure, maybe it shows that he can have a tongue in cheek pop at the whingers who have no comprehension of what Glenn has actually achieved here.Actually, i think you will find, the fact that Glenn Roeder is the Norwich City manager, gives him every justification for playing who he thinks will win the game. If he thinks a crap 13 year old will win the game, then he can play him. He is the man entrusted with team selection, not you, so tell me who is more justified to pick the team? For that matter, who is more qualified to make those sort of calls? My guess is probably the professional manager, not the 12year old on the messageboard.

[quote user="James Maloney"]And you know Roeder''s future team selections how exactly?The only mistake he made on Saturday was playing Fozzy and not Pattison.[/quote]No I don''t know Roeder''s future team selection, trouble is neither does he, he just selects whoever he''s told to by Wenger and Co.

I totally agree.  Team selection has been atrocious.  2 points a game average is just not good enough.  We should be in the playoffs by now for sure.

I blame the board personally, its all their fault.  In fact they have probably told all the players to lose a couple so us fans don''t get too over excited.

I hope you get the sarcasm in the post, normally wouldn''t point it out but it seems reading some of the posts that some of you do have questionable intelligence.

John Boubepo wrote

No I don''t know Roeder''s future team selection, trouble is neither does he, he just selects whoever he''s told to by Wenger and Co.

You may be upset to hear then that Eduardo begins his come back up front for us tomorrow.

Glenn has 5 choices:

1. If he''s not starting he''s injured. [Glenn is patronising]

2. If he''s not starting I''ve fallen out with him over whether we watched a Dad''s Army repeat on the coach and we''re not speaking right now, plus he might sod off to the US [Glenn has peed off our major player and has no man-management skills]

3. I''m not saying anything [Glenn is guilty of secrecy and the usual lack of information from the club and therefore something must be up]

4. Darren has lot a yard of pace and needs to regain form [How dare he publicly criticise a deity who single handedly got us promoted]

5. Whatever I say you''ll come up with a conspiracy story but  actually he''s been adbucted by aliens and taken to the planet Zog [Glenn has been at the sherry]

So Glenn can''t win really can he.?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]

No I don''t know Roeder''s future team selection, trouble is neither does he, he just selects whoever he''s told to by Wenger and Co.

[/quote]

Do you actually have any proof of this?

Seems to me that somebody started this rumour the first time Gibbs was selected and now that it has been repeated a number of times it has become fact to some people.

Anecdote x Number = Fact. Welcome to The Daily Mail. I honestly thought we were better than that [:O] .

[quote user="kick it off"]

Actually, i think you will find, the fact that Glenn Roeder is the Norwich City manager, gives him every justification for playing who he thinks will win the game. If he thinks a crap 13 year old will win the game, then he can play him. He is the man entrusted with team selection, not you, so tell me who is more justified to pick the team? For that matter, who is more qualified to make those sort of calls? My guess is probably the professional manager, not the 12year old on the messageboard.
[/quote]

That is pretty much what Peter Grant said.  And I would have taken most anyone on this Board to make a team selection over that buffoon.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Anecdote x Number = Fact. Welcome to The Daily Mail. I honestly thought we were better than that [:O] .

[/quote]

Did you really, SA? You obviously haven''t ben paying much attention to this message board lately then! [;)] 

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

Actually Tumbleweed, he could have said this without the sarcastic remark.  But couldnt resist saying it.  If he is like this wioth the fans over such a minor issue I wonder what he is like in private.  Talk to Newcastle, West Ham and Watford fans and they don''t have a high opinion of Glenn Roeder, despite the short term success he gave all 3 clubs?  Maybe we are finding out why that is now.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

[/quote]

Actually Tumbleweed, he could have said this without the sarcastic remark.  But couldnt resist saying it.  If he is like this wioth the fans over such a minor issue I wonder what he is like in private.  Talk to Newcastle, West Ham and Watford fans and they don''t have a high opinion of Glenn Roeder, despite the short term success he gave all 3 clubs?  Maybe we are finding out why that is now.

[/quote]

Interesting...

I didn''t agree with that particular comment. I work in customer service and when someone moans at me the easiest thing to do is to make a snide remark back at them. But I don''t because then customers dislike you, your company and the products you sell. Now I know that there is nothing Roeder can say to make us stop going to games forever but you have to keep the punters happy, they are the ones paying your wages and I think it is a bit early in his NCFC career to start snapping at fans opinion.

However, I also don''t agree with people slagging off his tactics and line ups. I doubt any of us could have taken Norwich on a 13 game unbeaten run and finally, after god knows how many years, sort out our away form.

Shame the home form has suffered tho!

[quote user="Marigold"]

However, I also don''t agree with people slagging off his tactics and line ups. I doubt any of us could have taken Norwich on a 13 game unbeaten run and finally, after god knows how many years, sort out our away form.

[/quote]

I don''t think there has been much slagging of his lineups until recently.  Smith on the wing was an issue early doors.  Leaving Hucks out entirely and  Gibbs and Henry getting the games.  In the end they got a shot and initially it hasn''t worked.

Last weekend Glenn could be accused of being too positive, by taking the battler out of midfield and playing Hucks and Croft we went from having a single passenger of late in Croft to having three in Hucks, Gibbs and Croft.  With Fozzy not being a true defensive midfielder making up the four.

On reflection a Pattison/Gibbs or Pattison/Fozzy partnership would probably resulted in a better first half performance.  I would like too see a return to the Bertrand Camara Left |Side that fared well during our unbeaton run!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="James Maloney"]And you know Roeder''s future team selections how exactly?

The only mistake he made on Saturday was playing Fozzy and not Pattison.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Is that really the best you can come up with? Did you get that witty retort from one of your playground chums?

Glenn has 5 choices:

2. If he''s not starting I''ve fallen out with him over whether we watched a Dad''s Army repeat on the coach and we''re not speaking right now, plus he might sod off to the US [Glenn has peed off our major player and has no man-management skills]

3. I''m not saying anything [Glenn is guilty of secrecy and the usual lack of information from the club and therefore something must be up]

4. Darren has lot a yard of pace and needs to regain form [How dare he publicly criticise a deity who single handedly got us promoted]

5. Whatever I say you''ll come up with a conspiracy story but  actually he''s been adbucted by aliens and taken to the planet Zog [Glenn has been at the sherry]

[/quote] Emmm! Actually he can win, he just has to field the best 11 players to win a game of football and accept criticism if he consecutively gets it wrong, all very simple really

Glenn has 5 choices:

[/quote]

Love it. Made me giggle. Need to get your facts right though Tumbleweed, we all know that Hucks has gone to Discworld so that the Wiz can put a spell on him.[li]