Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come On You Mighty Blues!.

No, not the scum, as some of you might have thought...................

But my home town club of Lowestoft who have now made it through to the semi finals of the FA vase, and are now only 90 minutes away from a Wembley appearence.

Lowestoft, has a large City fan base, and I''m sure, like me, they wish the trawler boys well.

What a great result for them on Saturday, away from home as well. They haven''t performed very well in the league this year, particularly away from home. Almost makes up for our poor performance!

I''m pretty sure that the FA Vase Semi Finals are played over two legs, can anyone confirm this please?

GO TRAWLER BOYS!!

Good luck to them Wiz.  I remember a fantastic day out to Wembley with Diss Town a few years ago in the same competition and it is great for smaller clubs to have the opportunity of this sort of a venue to play on.  So sad that the hero of that afternoon Peter Mendham has now fallen on such hard times.

The Semi''s are indeed over two legs...

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAVase/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/FAVase_RoundDates

First Leg        22nd March

2nd Leg         29th March

Final              Sunday 11th May

When is the draw for the Semi''s?

I want to know so that I can plan to make it... will also definetely be there if they make it to the Final.

With all of the firends that I still have living in the Lowestoft area (with some being life-long blues die hards) it would be a fantastic day out...

COME ON YOU TRAWLER BOYS!!!

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Lowestoft v Whitley Bay, the favorites. Home lst leg[/quote]

Oh bum! well it was a nice dream while it lasted.[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Lowestoft v Whitley Bay, the favorites. Home lst leg[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on WIZ the Trawler Boys can do it...  Get on down to the Meadow and make it a den of Blue & White noise for the home leg to hopefully give us an advantage to cling to in the return.

I am sure that if the whole town and much of the local area gets behind them then they can do it!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Come on WIZ the Trawler Boys can do it...  Get on down to the Meadow and make it a den of Blue & White noise for the home leg to hopefully give us an advantage to cling to in the return.

I am sure that if the whole town and much of the local area gets behind them then they can do it!!!

[/quote]

and if they lose wiz you can blame the board!

Here we go, the glory boys hanging onto a bit of success. What you guys are missing is that years of under-investment in the team has left them languishing in mid table, obviously you guys are happy with this disgusting state of affairs, its time you guys woke up and smelled the coffee. I hope you join me in the next protest, meet in the ''phone box on the High St (if wet meet in the church hall) and we''ll march on the ground and force some changes or will you just be like all the other gutless fools who are happy sitting on thier hands clapping along with the ''we want a Wembley ticket'' morons.