Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Oh My Gawd!.

So Glen is saying he''s shipping out up to 15 players in the summer, great big dwarf on a bike! I hope the board is really going to back him now with the funding to replace that load. Although GR does mention loans again, he will still have to splash the cash on certain players.

But make no mistake, a wholesale, night of the long knives type clearout is coming soon, and once they''re gone we''re going to struggle filling a Ludo team!.

At least it sounds like he''s planing to stick around next season, so thats one real plus I guess.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED04%20Mar%202008%2023%3A40%3A29%3A787

Further to my post, the admission by GR that loans will be heavily used again, sort of nails Munby''s claim of the board backing Glen in the summer, for the cr*p PR stunt that it really was!.[:@]

Maybe this is worth sticking in the thread entitiled ''15 players'' ? Am sure players will only be released if he is confident of securing more. During the Janurary transfer window am sure he would have released more players if he was allowed that luxury.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Further to my post, the admission by GR that loans will be heavily used again, sort of nails Munby''s claim of the board backing Glen in the summer, for the cr*p PR stunt that it really was!.[:@][/quote]

For gods sake what team would be able to go out and BUY 15!! good standard replacements. Of course the loan system will have to be used!!

Or that there are 15 players that have contracts ending in June. and 2 more with one year options.Note that UP TO 15 which also means less than or equal to 15 players.   There is a list of the 17 in the other mentioned thread.Of those 17: 6 loans, 6 of our kids, Dublin (rtrd) and 4 first teamers (Hucks, Fozzy, Doc, Valasco).Its looking less of a shock now!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Further to my post, the admission by GR that loans will be heavily used again, sort of nails Munby''s claim of the board backing Glen in the summer, for the cr*p PR stunt that it really was!.[:@][/quote]

You what?! You really are the most ignorant person around. It doesn''t mean that at all, it means that we will be using the loan system to bring in some players and nothing more. For crying out loud, you didn''t really expect him to replace every player leaving this summer with permenant transfers? For a club of our size it''s unrealistic!

Honestly, wake up and come to the real world.

1st wiz - Can''t expect to buy 15 quality replacements, that would cost too much.  Loans will have to be used to bulk the squad out.  I don''t have a problem with this, why do you?

Crispy - Roeder said he was given funds in January.  He was knocked back for Paterson, Rasiak and Taylor that we know of.  You don''t buy something for the sake of it, if you can''t get the things you want you wait until you can.  In Roeders case, the summer.

Anti-board ranting is getting tedious.  Lets all have a look at Southampton, they ousted their board and are now in freefall.  For me only WBA have a board I envy, but don''t forget that there situation has been years in the building.  With ups as well as downs.

Another day, another pointless thread started.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

So Glen is saying he''s shipping out up to 15 players in the summer, great big dwarf on a bike! I hope the board is really going to back him now with the funding to replace that load. Although GR does mention loans again, he will still have to splash the cash on certain players.

But make no mistake, a wholesale, night of the long knives type clearout is coming soon, and once they''re gone we''re going to struggle filling a Ludo team!.

At least it sounds like he''s planing to stick around next season, so thats one real plus I guess.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline
&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED04%20Mar%202008%2023%3A40%3A29%3A787

[/quote]

There will be no team that could replace that many players with perm signings. 4 or 5 permenant signings, 3 or 4 loanees and 3 or 4 bosmans.

" will still have to splash the cash on certain players "might some of the cash he splashes be that of your tickets and those of arfa widdle, smudger and others, wiz ?