Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Norwich v Newcastle in the Championship next season?

Just wondering if you think Newcastle will be joining us in this tricky little league next season.

Ive lost track of how many managers theyve had over the past 2 years, and things havent improved. Whether the fact they havent had a manager for a sustained period of time is the reason theyre slipping lower and lower, or whether you could argue the fact thyeve had so many, and still arent improving, proves the squad is poor........im not sure.

Im tempted to think theyre squad just lacks consistent Premiership quality. Its hard to understand how with a strike force of Owen, Martins, Viduka and a few others just cant seem to rack up wins.

Think they will be relegated and join us next season....hmmm, Roeder against his former club would be very interesting....or whether Keegan will pull them together.

Yes, I believe that they are coming down with Fulham  and Derby.  And once down lets hope that they struggle as they are obviously too big for the Championship and naturally by birthright a Premiership club.

Perhaps they would sack Keegan and go for a former manager currently doing well in the Championship.....

[quote user="No1.Croft.Fan"]Just wondering if you think Newcastle will be joining us in this tricky little league next season. Ive lost track of how many managers theyve had over the past 2 years, and things havent improved. Whether the fact they havent had a manager for a sustained period of time is the reason theyre slipping lower and lower, or whether you could argue the fact thyeve had so many, and still arent improving, proves the squad is poor........im not sure. Im tempted to think theyre squad just lacks consistent Premiership quality. Its hard to understand how with a strike force of Owen, Martins, Viduka and a few others just cant seem to rack up wins. Think they will be relegated and join us next season....hmmm, Roeder against his former club would be very interesting....or whether Keegan will pull them together.[/quote]

Bolton will be the other team to go down with Fulham and Derby.

Have you seen their run - in . . . its solid!

I said when he waltzed back in there that Keegan will be gone by Easter.... he''s got just about 2 weeks left in the job then.

He''ll come out with some crap about "never going back" and "its the wrong time" and "Newcastle are a massive club and deserve better"... whilst at the same time trying to avoid the press/media/ fans pointing big fat accusing fingers at him... I''d Laugh.. I hate Kevin Keegan!

just checked out their remaining fixtures.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/fixtures/default.stm

Liverpool next.. who need a win just as much as Newcastle... their final 4 games of the season could seal their doom! Sunderland, Wet sham, chelski and Everton! Sunderland will want to win for local Pride... Chelsea could still be chasing the title and Everton 4th place...

Be good to see Mickey Owen getting crocked at Oakwell next season whilst alan smith whinges... who seriously is going to want to sign this bucnh of overpayed no hopers if they do go down...

i think its funny.. I really do!

jas :)

newcastle wont go down... their are more teams far more likely to go down, if it starts to end up that way and it looks like they are heading for the drop keegan will go and they will get a decent manager. With the squad they have a proper manager will easily be able to pull them out of that. Keegan was clearly the wrong appointment, hadn''t he not seen a premiership game since he left man city?

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]newcastle wont go down... their are more teams far more likely to go down, if it starts to end up that way and it looks like they are heading for the drop keegan will go and they will get a decent manager. With the squad they have a proper manager will easily be able to pull them out of that. Keegan was clearly the wrong appointment, hadn''t he not seen a premiership game since he left man city?[/quote]

i think newc will be ok - once they win, they''ll win more - just like city did.bad feeling bout bolton, must admit.  the pressures on.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I said when he waltzed back in there that Keegan will be gone by Easter.... he''s got just about 2 weeks left in the job then.

He''ll come out with some crap about "never going back" and "its the wrong time" and "Newcastle are a massive club and deserve better"... whilst at the same time trying to avoid the press/media/ fans pointing big fat accusing fingers at him... I''d Laugh.. I hate Kevin Keegan!

just checked out their remaining fixtures.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/fixtures/default.stm

Liverpool next.. who need a win just as much as Newcastle... their final 4 games of the season could seal their doom! Sunderland, Wet sham, chelski and Everton! Sunderland will want to win for local Pride... Chelsea could still be chasing the title and Everton 4th place...

Be good to see Mickey Owen getting crocked at Oakwell next season whilst alan smith whinges... who seriously is going to want to sign this bucnh of overpayed no hopers if they do go down...

i think its funny.. I really do!

jas :)

[/quote]

Owen would be wanted by all of the clubs outside the top 4, so I doubt we''d see him even if they were relegated. Oh & I''d love to see them go down! Most fanitical fans in the country, my arse! Their crowds were tiny before Keegan took over first time.

Personally I blame the board for not showing ''ambition''. Not backing the managers with cash. Spending far too much money on non essentials like the stadium and ''pay offs'' to former managers.