Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Damian's International Future

DF called up for Jamaica earlier this season. No news if he will represent them this summer.

Any news anybody?

No news, Peter, but if they pick him for any home games coming up he could get a lift in either of Mully''s or Macca''s suitcases. Would save the Jamaican FA (assuming there is one) a good deal of money! Seriously though, I think he got better and better towards the end of the season and deserves a chance. Hope he gets the call soon.

If Damo gets plays for Jamaica anything like he did for us this season, they''ll be a much better team for it! Without him last season we wouldn''t have got anywhere near automatic promotion. As much as I like Mulryne, he''s just not upto Francis'' standard.

Ermm ok!! I thought that he was called up for Jamaica during the season but either rejected them or just pulled out. I think he will wait and see what interest this season in the premiership brings because playing for Jamaica will do nothing but give him nice hollidays!

As for comparing Francis to Mulryne, now thats just plain silly! I dont think they are the same sort of player at all. Mulryn is a mutch more cultured play-maker, but he doesnt put up mutch of a fight on the defencive side of things, not that he doesnt try mind you.

Francis is much more of a battling midfielder and he isnt quite in the playmaker bracket, at least not yet. He is more of the Gary Holt style player - good at hasseling, tackling and non-stop running but not fantastic in the playmaking department. Saying that they have done brilliantly together this season, just at times they lack the cutting edge that Mulryne can provide and help to tear open teams.

In short Francis is a Viera style player and Mulryne a Scholes style player. If that makes much sence to any of you! We need them all for the Premiership that much is a certanty. Lets not forget that Mullers has been one of those players that has been fighting for our cause for quite a long time now. And has resisted the temptation of premiership clubs.

Yeah I see what you''re saying and I agree, but if we hadn''t signed Francis, Mulryne would have probably played alongside Holt and we wouldn''t be where we are now.

agreed chicken...but sparky, ''''wouldnt be wher we are now without francis instead of mulryne?!..slight exageration i hope there.

I agree that Mulryne and Francis are different types of players, I just think that with the formation we were playing for the latter part of the season, that Francis was more effective. With only a three-man midfield, it needed more ''up and at ''em'' type players like Holt and Francis. Mulryne would work well in a four-man midfield, where there are more numbers around him.

I think next season Mulryne might have more of a role to play, maybe alongside Francis in the middle, with Holt sitting in front of the back four, and Huckerby left wing supporting a lone striker (in certain, away games I mean - not every week).

Horses for courses I guess.

OTBC