Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

THE SYMPATHY FOR WOLVES THREAD

I saw and heard Wolves were beating Saints  2 -1 at home and looked at the Sky Live League Table and thought, wow, Wolves are almost in the play offs.............and then...............I feel so sorry for we8wba.............a late equaliser..........ah, bless, never mind!

why sympathy?

we were crap took us 60mins to have shot on target had 3shots on target and 2goals came from it

then vs 10men we give them needless corner in very last minute - which basically the only way they ever score would be through set piece with 10men

we got what we deserved, we had two good players, very good players in ebank blake (who you lot told me was crap although he is actually very good) and my old mate hennessey

we just top 10 side so what, least i can admit that

[quote user="we8wba"]

why sympathy?

we were crap took us 60mins to have shot on target had 3shots on target and 2goals came from it

then vs 10men we give them needless corner in very last minute - which basically the only way they ever score would be through set piece with 10men

we got what we deserved, we had two good players, very good players in ebank blake (who you lot told me was crap although he is actually very good) and my old mate hennessey

[/quote]Ebanks Blake - I think most people didn''t say he was rubbish, more that he was still reletively unproven to a certain extent. Less proven than say Eastwood.Other than that - you can tell what sort of a game it was if your keeper was the only other good player . . . . and two went past him!

well not really

we only draw because saints were shit as us

god knows how we scored twice and god knows how they did to be honest

two average champ sides with high ambition which sadly neither will meet

Stern John is always a threat - I can''t believe that he has never moved for really big money, he is pretty consistant at this level. And 67 goals in 100 appearences for his country!Its a shame it wasn''t as fun as the score line suggested it should be.I tell you what though - this season may be a bit of a non-starter now for both our teams but next season is going to be interesting. I can only see one of WBA and Watford getting an auto spot which means that we may still see one next season (I know which one you''re hoping for!!!). And to be honest - with or without possible rumoured take-overs I am not really worried about the teams that look like coming down. Simply because they are going to have their work cut out to a) keep their players and b) re-structure their squad.I think for the first time in a long time the teams currently in this division will be a bigger threat than those coming down. QPR will have had a summer to splash the cash, Wolves will have had another summer to add to the quality they already have, we shall see about Norwich but if we can add to the first team regulars we have at the moment it could start to look good, and the rest. You will have the teams that may not make it in the top six, Watford, WBA, Charlton etc.Looking at the bottom premiership teams doesn''t really throw any real "bouncer" teams back at you.

Mr hucker how dare you post about another club on this board so dedicated to the yellow and green? how dare you sir!but... to stay on topic, poor wolves, violins out everyone.

agree very much with chicken, on next year it will be strong league

feel if these teams all stay down they will be up there

stoke - solid side, may not be at top again if fail, but they certainly be in playoff push at least

charlton - seem to spend wisely and have good champ side, not prem side quality but then was whu when pardew took them up, he is smart manager in this league and they will always be "up there"

watford - few smart moves in market will do good, they have 5m for king still available and maybe good centre midfielder and regular striker will do the trick - tough to beat side so be up there

wba - underachieved both this year and last year - seems funny that they 4th in both, if they stay down they will always be up there

wolves - money, usually around playoffs

norwich - roeder seems to be doing cracking job, given some money and few shrewd deals you should least be pushing play offs

sheffutd - really the forgotten team - great squad if all fit, if they get the "right" manager in they will be up there

ipswich - money

qpr - money

----------------------------------

then you got look teams possibly coming up

swansea - great manager, good young squad, got money to spend - remind me much of bristol c

forest - always be able to attract players, young enthuastic manager, great support - potentially be in the playoff hunt

carlisle - hands up how many you want to go carlisle away? none, they have terrific home record, if they get that right they be midtable at least - maybe like colchester last year

leeds - booooo, i dont like them, so wont comment, but we all know they could push

----------------------------------------------

teams coming down

derby, maybe shite but should be prepared for this league, miller & earnshaw will get least 15goals if fit no matter what

fulham - maybe end of era for them, although they pretty attacking, and got good champ players in likes bullard, kamara and healy, wouldnt be suprised see them do sheffutd, but also wouldmt be suprised see them walk the league

18th placed team - boro, sunderland, bolton yoyo teams in past and have good record in our league - dont want either to come down

birmingham doubt come down - but if they do they be up there, good manager, great squad

wigan - brucey good manager, maybe my prefered choice come down, although brucey seems to know how to get out this league

newcastle - gary breen would have owen in his back pocket haha

reading - wouldnt mind coming down when consider who could come down, attacking side but might not be as conisstant

----------------------------------------------------

then you get your shock sides like your plymouths (who without halmosi will slip i would think) barnsleys hulls

who all seem to be heading in right direction

---------------------------------------------------------

the league is getting EXTREMELY tough and thats why no one should expect promotion

I think this season has been one of the weakest seasons ever in the ccc. The big teams have constantly misfired, watford, wba, charlton (in previous years they would have stormed the league) and teams like norwich, wolves, saints, qpr, sheff utd and preston, who are all usually up there making it a fight and a struggle to get play-offs berths have all done poor or had poor starts. I personally think that next year will be quite tough but I fully expect that if roeder gets backing and gets and plays the right players then we have a fighting chance.

good point fellas

more teams are in with a shout, remember last year only about 5 teams had nothing to play for with 4games left i.e other in relegation battle or playoff/promotion hunt

in a way it can be seen as weak as no team strolled the league no team bombed out the league

but the real fact is all the lower teams are better now, gone are the days of easy 3pts in this league even at home

i honestly think around 16-18teams will feel they could push for top 6 next season

even likes coventry - new manager, new chairman. sheff weds - if stay up - hell they almost got in last year and were considered dark horses for the title this year

[quote user="we8wba"]

the league is getting EXTREMELY tough and thats why no one should expect promotion

[/quote]

So why in all of your posts do you appear to be very confident of ''my wolves''

[quote user=" C.T"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

everyone feels confident in their team lets face it!

Im just a mug like everyone else who follows there team and lives in their teams "bubble" as we are the best etc...

nice to hear of you c.t not had you on me case for bout 2weeks now lol where you been?

[quote user="we8wba"]

why sympathy?

If you were to go to the transfer page and go back to page 5 you will see that on the 17 sept last year i put on a post about ebanks blake, saying he is one to watch. So were do we say we think he is rubbish?????

[/quote]

[quote user="we8wba"]

good point fellas

more teams are in with a shout, remember last year only about 5 teams had nothing to play for with 4games left i.e other in relegation battle or playoff/promotion hunt

in a way it can be seen as weak as no team strolled the league no team bombed out the league

but the real fact is all the lower teams are better now, gone are the days of easy 3pts in this league even at home

i honestly think around 16-18teams will feel they could push for top 6 next season

even likes coventry - new manager, new chairman. sheff weds - if stay up - hell they almost got in last year and were considered dark horses for the title this year

[/quote]

Who told you he was crap???????

If you go to the transfers and go back to page 5 on the 17 sept i put on a post about Ebanks Blake. This is probably before you knew who he was!!!!!!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user=" C.T"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

everyone feels confident in their team lets face it!

Im just a mug like everyone else who follows there team and lives in their teams "bubble" as we are the best etc...

nice to hear of you c.t not had you on me case for bout 2weeks now lol where you been?

[/quote]

None of your business mate [Y]  [:P]

colney - good spot, i knew who he was, and knew he has terrific record manutd reserves but he got bad injury which dampened his prospects, seen he getting goals last year but just thought he your better than average striker i.e 12 or so goals but now seeing him regularly and how he takes goals i can tell he more

remind me much of the great steve bull in his style, i dont want to get to carried away as he only played 9games and he may just be in rich vein of form, judge him better when the goals arent coming freely

but 5 in 9 is pretty damn good this standard - nice to have goalscorer for change, not had one really consistantly since kenny miller