Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Favourite Chant in football

from way back wasn''t there a chant bout eric gates and mariner - along the lines of.......... he''s small, he''s ???? (can''t remember that bit)  he ***** up mariners ****eric gates, eric gates!!!

can anyone remember the missing blank???  round fits, but eric was lean if mem serves, so can''t be that!?!

One that made me chuckle was Blackburn fans singing ''Where''s your library gone, where has your library gone'' shortly after the great fire of Norwich. I believe there was also a very fat Blackburn fan at that game who got the ''you fat b4stard'' treatment and promptly lifted his shirt to reveal his gut in its full glory.

Another great NCFC chant that I was able to be a part of back in the day was this one:

Justin, Justin, Justin Fashanu

15 rounds with Justin Fashanu

Classic!

There''s a couple of quite cruel ones that spring to mind (always the case I suppose).

Large kid in the away end at Carrow Road last season (think it was the Southampton game) started to mock the Barclay - quick response back was "Child obesity...child obesity" (to the ''Paulo Di Canio'' tune). On a similar theme Man. City fans at Stamford Bridge a couple of seasons back addressed a rather portly home fan with; "You should have tried the salad".

Favourite bit of banter between two sets of fans has to be the City v. Chelsea game where the away supports'' chant of "We''ve got Abramovich, you''ve got a drunken bitch" was replied to with "We''ve got a super cook, you''ve got a Russian crook". Both chants quick-witted and a superb example of terrace banter.