Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

Ok folks, I was going to do this first thing tomorrow morning, but I forgot I was bringing my 19 month old to my office for a couple of hours so I could give the missus some time to marathon train in peace.  I wasn''t sure if I would have enough time to put my picks in in the morning, so I will be doing it now.  Now, I have to say, that the pickers came out in full force for me this week, and I used 100% of their selections.  I felt good about most all of them , and the 2 or 3 I didn''t like were because of personal preference.  For example, In Spain, I like Barca (I love the city) so under no circumstances could I root for Sevilla, though the liklihood of Sevilla winning are high.  Also, while I like Liverpool, a part of me has truly begun to pity those poor Geordies-- while nothing suggests Newcastle has any possibility of beating Liverpool, can''t you picture The Sun headline with Benitez and Keegan and the coming of the apocalypse?  Moving on, I chose most games on the basis that I feel it to be a slam dunk, but 1 or 2 I chose to increase the odds a bit, albeit not by much.  It would be no fun to just choose the 6 lowest odds on the board now, wouldn''t it?  I came close to adding our Canaries to the rota with an away win, but Coventry''s hard fought point vs. QPR deterred me at the last minute.  Ah well, if I had chosen a 7th, that would have been it.  So here is what struck my fancy this week. No explanations, per se, you can read them in your own suggestions above:

Charlton home win vs. Preston (Lucky Green Trainers)

Doncaster home win vs. Port Vale (DDD, Fellas)

Swansea home win vs. Milwall (Cosmic Twin)

East Fife home win vs. Albion (7rew, leedscanary)

Blackpool home win vs. Soton (Hissing Sid)

Hamilton home win vs. Morton (Nutty Nigel)

Aplolgies to those who didn''t get selected, and looking forward to doing us stateside pickers proud....

[/quote]

Yes the Free Bet is on , I wont be able to give you the odds and the payout until tomorrow as Billy Dixon was not in his office but I made sure that it was on due to this evenings match involving Swansea . If Nutty Nigel had not rung me warning me I would have been oblivious of the Fri evening match as I work late and Dixmar would have been closed , thanks for that Nutty, just shows you the measure of the man and how he helps me . I will admit I am in the middle of my meat round as I am indeed posting this very message I just dropped it all and nipped home as  the Free Bet is far more important than any meat customer , don''t tell them that please . talk to all you lovely old pickers later . arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                              £212-56p. 

Sorry for having to pick a bit early... I have my daughter at work, and I can''t spare more than a moment or two away from her as she seems to get into all manner of trouble.  I actually picked late late last night (NYC time) as I wasn''t sure if Ardee needed the picks in by a certain time on Friday.  Apologies to those who submitted naps after my picks were posted.

Arrdee wrote.......

''''I will admit I am in the middle of my meat round as I am indeed posting this very message I just dropped it all and nipped home as  the Free Bet is far more important than any meat customer , don''t tell them that please''''

Oh dear ardee. In the past I''ve chosen to ignore rumours about missing bodies, bribes, corruption etc. but it now seems clear you suffer from a gambling addiction too, which might in part explain all those other stories. It also explains why my meat deliveries of late have been so unreliable (you haven''t arrived today yet as I speak). It seems you''d rather be sitting in the bookies (I''d wondered who''s trade bike that was outside Billy Dixons).

If it''s any help, click this link to see if they can help......

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

Hopefully, a few weeks in rehab will cure you. lappinitup.    [:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Arrdee wrote.......

''''I will admit I am in the middle of my meat round as I am indeed posting this very message I just dropped it all and nipped home as  the Free Bet is far more important than any meat customer , don''t tell them that please''''

Oh dear ardee. In the past I''ve chosen to ignore rumours about missing bodies, bribes, corruption etc. but it now seems clear you suffer from a gambling addiction too, which might in part explain all those other stories. It also explains why my meat deliveries of late have been so unreliable (you haven''t arrived today yet as I speak). It seems you''d rather be sitting in the bookies (I''d wondered who''s trade bike that was outside Billy Dixons).

If it''s any help, click this link to see if they can help......

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

Hopefully, a few weeks in rehab will cure you. lappinitup.    [:D][:D][:D]

Now "lapp" . What  can I say other than sorry about your meat delivery , I didn''t know Newyork Canary was going to select Cosmic''s Fri evening pick . I have been doing my best to finish my round but some of these housewives seem to want to take me under their wing so to speak , I just wish they would stop it , of course I can understand them its not often they get a crack at someone like me I suppose , or is it my sausages or my meat balls they are after ?

Now "lapp" you have brought up the missing body again haven''t you ? If I could  nail that for once and all .YES YES all right , I lost a body ,For goodness sake , Its not the end of the world is it ? If I could just ask you all a question ? who amongst you have never ever lost something in your lives ? exactly . I was just unfortunate it was somebody''s  body I lost.

In my defence I will say there was a Xmas party involved and lots of cavorting with coffins as well , why Jill from the office wanted to get in a coffin with Rory the office junior I have no idea , I suppose they wanted to try out the size , And yes of course If you want to know arrdee was galavanting with the rest of them when the real ale kicked in . I have now stopped these Xmas party''s I don''t want to appear a scrooge type figure but I can''t afford to lose anymore bodies and when the actual body was found and in the position it was found in , well I would rather not say anymore . I still have not found out who was responsible but when I do graaaaaah!!! You weren''t there where you "lappinitup" ?  arrdee.

[/quote]

I''ve been out all day and missed it for what its worth my choice would have been Hull to beat Scunthorpe.

Good luck Newyorkcanary sorry I didn''t get on earlier.

Sorry norfolkchance. I looked at Hull/Scunny, but again it was one of those betting with my heart over my mind.  I want Scunthorpe to stay up, and a draw would do them nicely. So while the odds say a Hull win, my heart just didn''t want it to happen.  It seems my Swansea bet poked a stick in the spokes of the Free Bet engine.  Sorry for the confusion, and I didn''t even know it was a Friday match when I makde the selection.  Thanks to Nutty Nigel for bailing me out there.  Then again, this could be the first Free Bet that was over before it began.  Had I known it was a friday game, I probably would not have picked it.  If Milwall draws/wins, I would be horribly embarassed. 

Ardee, I had a question... about that missing body the housewives are enjoying in their stews this weekend, could it''s initials be PG?

OK, down 2-0.  Looks like I''ve ruined the suspense for tomorrow.  This could not have turned out worse.... Thats why you shouldn''t bet with your heart....

Ok, listening to this as I type.  Penalty awarded to Swansea... will he convert? Yes. 2-1.  Dangling the carrot but it still doesn''t look good.... 

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]OK, I suck.  You may go about your business....[/quote]

Bad luck newyorkcanary. You never know which one is going to go against you ( and the oddds are that one will ). Please don''t take my comment as coming from a know-it-all, because none of us know what is going to happen, but I was worried about this one. With Swansea being comfortably ahead in the division and Millwall desperately needing something to climb away from the relegation places, I remember looking at it and hoping that the Swansea players didn''t go in comfortably expecting the win followed by having the weekend off. Ingredients for a banana skin but, then again, who knows?

I''ll be watching the remaining games and hoping for a five out of six effort anyway. I hope you have another crack before the end of the season.  

Really disappointed with the Swansea result! (Sorry newyorkcanary.)

My run of good luck seems to be over, that''s 2 wrong in a row! [:(]

Just hope our boys can cheer me up with a win this afternoon!

Now you lovely old Pickers as I was out Fri evening , We went and meet my sons future Father  and Mother in law . We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with them , I think every thing went o.k. apart from arrdee dropping off to sleep but there you are .

Now why am I telling you this ? Oh yes I didn''t know the result of Swansea until this morning and I also missed an e-mail from Nutty  Nigel saying "its such a pity the Pickers have nothing to look forward to can you do any thing" ? On this occasion I though we might make an exception , so I have rung Dixmar and the 5 match accumulator is on . Now is it arrdees honey coated tongue ? or is it because throughout arrdees life he has always got his own way? We all know what a gem Billy Dixon is , he genuinely wants us to win which makes this a strange relationship between us Pickers and Dixmar its usually punter v bookmaker but in our case this doesn''t apply .

So Newyork you have another bite of the apple , oh don''t let me start getting fruity again . The bet is.........

Charlton-----------------------4-5-------------Lucky G  T 

Doncaster----------------------2-5------------D.Devon.D Fellas

East Fife------------------------1-3-----------7rew Leeds C

Blackpool----------------------11-10---------Hissing Sid

Hamilton------------------------1-2-----------Nutty Nigel

which will win for the Academy £95-84p which is wonderful . Returning to the fruit I have just thought wouldn''t it be ironic if the Tangerines let us down? so wishing you Newyork and all you Pickers the best of luck [Y] I will admit my thoughts are with someone else on this day .arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                        £212-56p

Billy Dixon is a football genius! So are you Ardee... well done for getting it back on, that''s cheered me up a lot on a grey March morning... [:D]

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Really disappointed with the Swansea result! (Sorry newyorkcanary.)

My run of good luck seems to be over, that''s 2 wrong in a row! [:(]

Just hope our boys can cheer me up with a win this afternoon!

[/quote]

Now Cosmic I don''t want to hear the word sorry on the Free Bet pages please . We don''t do that word . Its just a bit of fun for you lovely old City supporters to enjoy on a Sat afternoon [:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                              £212-56p

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Billy Dixon is a football genius! So are you Ardee... well done for getting it back on, that''s cheered me up a lot on a grey March morning... [:D]
[/quote]

What a top guy. Thats fantastic news.

Wow!  What a "lift me up" on what was going to be a depressing Saturday that only a Canary win could cure.  I hope Billy Dixon reads these boards so I could thank him personally, as its unlikely I would be able to make the trek across the Atlantic anytime soon.  Thank you Ardee for giving this New Yorker a fighting chance on a possibly rich payday.  If it works out for us, hopefully people will forget the absolutely awful Swansea outing last night.  Listening to it through canaries World, even their own commentators thought they looked awful. Well, here''s to 2nd chances!

Hi newyorkcanary. Hope you''ve come back on the forum and seen from arrdee that fate is back on your side for today''s games. Good luck!

Yes you lovely old Pickers the amount we will win with Dixmar is £95-84p as I have already stated . I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports ,they would pay us £73-16p ,now that is a lot of difference for 5 results . Dixmar may only be small Norwich bookmakers but in my eyes they are giants because they are Norwich City fans and supporters .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2.Fellas,P''boro,                                         £212-56p. 

arrdee wrote:

Now Cosmic I don''t want to hear the word sorry on the Free Bet pages please . We don''t do that word .

Its just a bit of fun for you lovely old City supporters to enjoy on a Sat afternoon [:D] arrdee.

Feeling much happier now, arrdee! [:D] Thanks to you persuading Billy to give the remaining 5 bets another go.

Good luck everyone!

Charlton equalised but super Chris Brown takes it away from us again. and Southampton have equalised too :(

Need Bristol city to take the lead for my own accumulator, all the others are doing the business.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Keep''em coming good people. Already we have some great selections I look forward to choosing among them for this week''s Dixmar deposit to the academy.[/quote]

I think there are quite a lot of good things out there this week Newyork , Brighton are making one of the longest journeys in the football league to Carlisle and Carlisles home form is so good , what about spending all that time on a coach then be expected to play a competertive game of football ? but that''s not my "nap" Hamilton looks nailed on against Morton , Hamilton have not lost at home all season and have only conceded 3 goals . That''s still is not my "nap" I am about to astound you and amaze you with my "nap" its Hartlepool  playing Gillingham , not because Hartlepool are any good its just that Gillingham have the worst away record in the league . I think every team has a wonderful chance against them .

I hope you are enjoying your week in charge of the Free Bet Justin ? yes I know you are . Do whatever you want, its up to you , just feel free to do what ever you feel is right . Remember there is no blame , there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet pages , its just a little bit of fun for all us City fans to enjoy . Remember we were the first club in all the leagues throughout the world to be able to help our Academy with our knowledge of football , which makes us all so proud to be Norwich City . arrdee .

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                       £212-56p.

[/quote]

Ah the old master , with these he put Hull, Doncaster,and Airdrie,(post p) , now what ever has happened to Canarygeorge ? I thought we had a wild cat on our hands, I thought we had someone who was going to take Dixmar apart but alas it appears its not to be.[:(] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                                                   Â£212-56p.

Yes it was hard luck Newyork , It was one of those weeks that come up every so often , you unfortunately were the the one to catch it but never mind as inch high said "There''s always next week" and talking of next week its Shack Attack in charge , I will send an e-mail just in case Shack doesn''t see this message.Newyork you said "I hope Billy Dixon reads this message board" , I once asked him this very same question , his reply was "sorry Ray I never have time" .

I think I will take this opportunity to put my rota on so every Picker who is making the final selections knows where he is and on what date .

Mar-----15----Shack Attack.

Mar-----22----Canarygeorge.

Mar-----29----Trent C

April----5------Norfolkchance1

April----12-----Fellas

April----19-----Graham H

April----26-----Blahblahblah

May-----3------Gentleman Jim

There may be a week after this I am not sure , Citys last match is the first week in May I know , perhaps there may be another week not including the Championship I would like to squeeze out as many weeks as I can , perhaps someone knows.

There was some good tipping this week I thought ,Dart is on a roll , wonderful, he is mr 100% and dear old "lappinitup" managed to get one right for a change , the old pin method pays off sometimes you see , Norfolkchance1, Devon,Fellas what can we say about fellas that hasn''t been said before , I think the best "nap" of the day was "evil monkey"s Queen of the South playing Dundee that one took some finding and of course the "talented one" is starting to find his feet he is even venturing up to Scotland , its taken me all this time to get Nutty out of the Championship , of course... I...won''t...mention... H''pool...that some cleaver old boy came up with . So its onwards to next week you lovely old Pickers .[Y] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                     £212-56p. 

Oh what I forgot to mention was if any of you lovely old pickers can''t make those dates let me know , obviously I want the original pickers I choose , but I have a wonderful back up of lovely old pickers wanting to make the final selections . Can you believe this Nutty ? when there was just me and you ? Lets face it talented one we were useless ,if it was just me and you going until this day making the final selections we would not still have a win to our names . The mix we have at the moment with the experience coupled with the young guns who make it look so easy is so wonderful .I feel so proud of them all and I know you do as well Nutty [Y] arrdee

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                    £212-56p.