Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend.

Yes you lovely old Pickers Its Free Bet time again , This week its Newyork Canary in charge . Its the Picker from the big apple , lets hope we don''t get pipped at the post . Last week it was Yankee whom we all know has no pears so we don''t need a conference about that .

Everyone can make a selection on the Free Bet thread even Granny Smith , James Grieve, or Lord Lambourne , all are welcome , I would just like to advise you when picking if you could just take your time and not russett we could discovery at the end of the weekend that golden delicious taste of sweet wonder, If you get your picking wrong I hope you don''t go as Norfolk red as me.

Now Newyork if you are from Rhode Island we can expect egg fruit from you especially if you are one of the reds . My favorites are from the wyandotte tribes eh! Yankee .

So come on you lovely old Pickers , there are some good selections to be had out there , looks interesting in Div 1 and 2 , I think one or two easy ones , I think a basket full indeed .[;)] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                    £212-56p.

i fancy charlton to make a late surge - despite having a tough run-in.  pardew has previous.  so although preston can play above their league posi - i fancy charlton to do the lillies.charlton to beat preston

Hello boys and girls, my first week back on the Free Bet Thread and its good to be here. Part of my week was lost while on my training course but if any of you ever want your bathroom tiling then i am deffo the rite man for the job. Even thinking i might take my new found skills uprout from Devon and head east to the Home land. Who knows, the world is my oyster.

Anyway on to my pick for the week and it is a beauty, thought i''d get it in early so here we go

Doncaster v Port vale - home win

With Donny riding high in league 1 and Port Vale routed to the bottom we are only ever gonna see one winner here. There is more chance of the return of Cluck than a Port Vale win here, you can take that to the bank.

Southend to beat Luton ought to get a decent price for a home banker.  Southend in the thick of the play off hunt, while Luton are looking doomed since entering administration.  It will be on my list this weekend.

Got to go for Swansea to beat Millwall.

Swansea''s home record is W12 D3 L2 last 6 at home W5 L1

Millwall''s away record is W2 D5 L10 last 6 away W1 D1 L4

I agree with devon, donny v port vale looks good but as that''s taken I''d go for the other dead cert in my mind,Liverpool  to beat Newcastle.Need I say more. Liverpool are starting to pick up points well again and are always good at home and have been consitently good at home this season. Newcastle have been disastrous recently and I just can''t see them getting anything out of this.

Yes you lovely old pickers keep those selections coming in , I think there are some real plums out there to be gathered . I think this weekend is going to be very fruitful indeed .I hope no one blows us a raspberry like last week . cherry,oo,[;)] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                                                    £212-56p.

Great odds on Ross County to beat Brechin at home.

Ross county - Top of the league. Brechin - 6th

Ross at home - 9 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. Brechin away - 5 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses

Ross county - 12 game winning streak. (20 goals in 6 games). Brechin - 1 loss in seven (To ross county)

Two weeks ago Ross county beat brechin away 2-1.

Both teams on a good run of form, so the odds are tight. But Ross County have a 12 game winning streak, and beat Brechin the other week. So for the odds Ive seen I think a home win is great value.

I really do think that my selection is a peach this week , My pick hasn''t been selected yet so its not sour grapes on my part . I know a lot of you city fans are looking forward to the summer transfer window . how many of you think its going to be a greengage summer? [:D] arrdee.

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                        £212-56p.

As much as I''d love to go to Wembley to cheer on the Pirates I think West Brom will break down the walls of Fortress Memorial Stadium and the so-called Arsenal of the Championship will beat Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Keep''em coming good people. Already we have some great selections I look forward to choosing among them for this week''s Dixmar deposit to the academy.

Sevilla to beat Levante.

Sevilla will be disappointed to have exited the Champions League on penalty kicks but they still have a chance to push up and challenge for a playoff spot in La Liga. Should be too much for bottom of the division ( doomed for the drop ) Levante. 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

What about one of these two?

Crystal Palace v Colchester

Plymouth v Sheff Utd

[/quote]

Nice pair CA, but who do you think will win??????[:$]

[/quote]

How silly of me, Palace and Plymouth to win [:)]

[/quote]

draw then?

west brom to thrash bristol r

Greetings again one and all. Some good looking games this week and my pick is in the Championship.

Blackpool to win at home to Southampton.

Blackpool have 1 defeat in their last 7 and looked a decent side at the Carra last week. Saints on the other hand have 1 win in 11 and that was against Bury in the Cup!!

All the best NYC.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

We need to try and give NYC as much help as possible this week, I’d hate to see the picker from the Big Apple crumble through lack of support from the rest of us. I’m trying to avoid the banana skins this week after slipping up in Greece last time. Not much appeels to me in England again so it’s up to Scotland where Hamilton’s currant form should be good enough to pip Morton.

Hamilton V Morton Home Win.

Good luck Newyorkcanary[Y] …..Will we be raisin’ the roof cheering on your picks?[:^)]….. Not ''arf [Y][Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

sorry CA i said draw thinking you picked two teams in the one game lol

my bad

WEST BROM @ 10/11 SNIP

A more out there suggestion:Leicester to beat Bristol City at home.  Whenever a team gets to the top of the championship they start losing.  Should get good odds too.  (8/5).

Good luck NYC,

For your consideration this week -

EAST FIFE home win against Albion.

Lets give Billy a bashing!

Leeds Canary (Young-ish Gun)

Lots of good selections so far.  I was planning on making my picks tomorrow at 10am, New York time.  That is 3pm in England.  Hopefully that works for you all, and if you''re holding out a pick, please get it in before then! Thanks!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Keep''em coming good people. Already we have some great selections I look forward to choosing among them for this week''s Dixmar deposit to the academy.[/quote]

I think there are quite a lot of good things out there this week Newyork , Brighton are making one of the longest journeys in the football league to Carlisle and Carlisles home form is so good , what about spending all that time on a coach then be expected to play a competertive game of football ? but that''s not my "nap" Hamilton looks nailed on against Morton , Hamilton have not lost at home all season and have only conceded 3 goals . That''s still is not my "nap" I am about to astound you and amaze you with my "nap" its Hartlepool  playing Gillingham , not because Hartlepool are any good its just that Gillingham have the worst away record in the league . I think every team has a wonderful chance against them .

I hope you are enjoying your week in charge of the Free Bet Justin ? yes I know you are . Do whatever you want, its up to you , just feel free to do what ever you feel is right . Remember there is no blame , there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet pages , its just a little bit of fun for all us City fans to enjoy . Remember we were the first club in all the leagues throughout the world to be able to help our Academy with our knowledge of football , which makes us all so proud to be Norwich City . arrdee .

Yankee,2,Fellas,P''boro,                       £212-56p.

I don''t like going for away wins BUT.....

Peterborough are at Dagenham and Redbridge this week and are in a rich vein of form, scoring freely but with a miserly defence. Conversely, D & R have only won five out of seventeen at home conceding twenty three goals in the process.

So. Dagenham and Redbridge v Peterborough......

AWAY WIN !

Good luck NYC.

Ok folks, I was going to do this first thing tomorrow morning, but I forgot I was bringing my 19 month old to my office for a couple of hours so I could give the missus some time to marathon train in peace.  I wasn''t sure if I would have enough time to put my picks in in the morning, so I will be doing it now.  Now, I have to say, that the pickers came out in full force for me this week, and I used 100% of their selections.  I felt good about most all of them , and the 2 or 3 I didn''t like were because of personal preference.  For example, In Spain, I like Barca (I love the city) so under no circumstances could I root for Sevilla, though the liklihood of Sevilla winning are high.  Also, while I like Liverpool, a part of me has truly begun to pity those poor Geordies-- while nothing suggests Newcastle has any possibility of beating Liverpool, can''t you picture The Sun headline with Benitez and Keegan and the coming of the apocalypse?  Moving on, I chose most games on the basis that I feel it to be a slam dunk, but 1 or 2 I chose to increase the odds a bit, albeit not by much.  It would be no fun to just choose the 6 lowest odds on the board now, wouldn''t it?  I came close to adding our Canaries to the rota with an away win, but Coventry''s hard fought point vs. QPR deterred me at the last minute.  Ah well, if I had chosen a 7th, that would have been it.  So here is what struck my fancy this week. No explanations, per se, you can read them in your own suggestions above:

Charlton home win vs. Preston (Lucky Green Trainers)

Doncaster home win vs. Port Vale (DDD, Fellas)

Swansea home win vs. Milwall (Cosmic Twin)

East Fife home win vs. Albion (7rew, leedscanary)

Blackpool home win vs. Soton (Hissing Sid)

Hamilton home win vs. Morton (Nutty Nigel)

Aplolgies to those who didn''t get selected, and looking forward to doing us stateside pickers proud....

...And I''m back in the room...

I thought I''d go a little more adventurous after my absence since the

bar seems to have risen a little since I last participated in this

thread! So many wins, so much money bled from a Bookie... always fun

[:)]

Anyway, my pick this week is from the Scottish Cup, where Scottish

First Division sides Queen of the South take on Dundee at home in the

Sixth Round.  Both teams are in the top half of their league, such

as it is, and both will be fighting to get a Division One side into the

semis.  Although Queen of the South are lower in the league, they

hold the home turf so I expect the advantage to see them through on

Saturday...

Queen of South v Dundee,

Sixth Round,

15:00 (Home win)

Sevilla vs Levante - HOME WIN.

Sevilla on a fairly decent run in La Liga and pushing for fourth place after a bad start to the season. Levante are bottom and have only won once away from home all season.

Good luck NYC.

Oh no!!!!! He''s picked already. Have I slept in that long??[:D]

For what it''s worth.....lol,not alot now.

I was going to head for one of our neighbours and back Cambridge utd for an away win at Farsley Celtic.[:)]