Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Season Tickets - over 18000 sold!!

Just seen the news on the NCFC site, seems that they sold 18312 season tickets by the first deadline - that is 2536 (16%) higher than the same stage last year, or adjusting for the (just over) 1000 new season tickets (I am not sure why you would do that though) it is 9.7% up...I am astonished at those figures, you would have thought that they''d go down the longer we are out of the Prem, but it seems that the vast majority of us rate the turnaround since GR took over enough to go for another season! 

Great news, just shows the passion of the canary faithful and the prudence of the board with their pricing.

Bet Smudger wasn''t one of the ''new'' season ticket holders!!

That is brilliant- well done everyone who has renewed their season tickets and well done to all those who have become members or renewed their membership.

What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................

You''d have thought that having such a level of guaranteed revenue can only help them budget with more certainty and thus lob as much as possible in GR''s direction (though the same could have been said for several seasons now).  Assuming we do reach the 20000 ceiling pretty soonish, at an average of say, Â£300-£350 a ticket, that is £6m-£7m from gate receipts for the 08/09 season already guaranteed....surely that puts us in an advantageous position over other clubs who can barely muster half that figure or who will be gambling money against achieving an average attendance that they might not get.  I guess time will tell!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Hope the board reward the fans loyalty, the fans have done their bit over to you Delia and co.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Ricky. This really is their last chance.

I doubt we will forgive another season of failure.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................[/quote]Well said. The reason we''ve got such good numbers is probably as much to do with the money spent off the field as any extraordinary generic quirk in the Norfolk bloodline..... Carrow Road is a good day out..... and thats not due to the ''on pitch'' investment is it?

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................[/quote]

actually its nancy negatives and what do you see as enough.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................[/quote]

Well said. The reason we''ve got such good numbers is probably as much to do with the money spent off the field as any extraordinary generic quirk in the Norfolk bloodline..... Carrow Road is a good day out..... and thats not due to the ''on pitch'' investment is it?
[/quote]

Well if it is down to facilities it certainly would be down to a "generic quirk" as it doesn`t work for Southampton, ipswich, Coventry, Leicester, Charlton, Wolves, WBA etc., all of whom have good new stands/grounds which are rarely two-thirds full. Maybe we are just getting back to the level of support we should expect, given historical crowds regularly over 20,000 and a catchment area of 1 million+ with no competition? The board do deserve credit for the ticketing/pricing structure though.

Time to back up the support/facilities (acquired at a great cost) with some ambition on the pitch. Roeder wants us to be a club which "expects success". I think alot of "little Norwichers" are going to be very uncomfortable with that......which is a good enough reason to think that Roeder is the best thing to happen to this club for a long time IMO.

I know the priority has to be on the pitch but it would be so nice to see that second tier on the City stand to get the capacity up to 30K and capitalise on the wave of interest. I''m still sure it could be self financed if the club forward sold for a period the ticket proceeds from the extra capacity.

how many of that "sold" figure includes 3 and 5 year tickets that automatically renew.. thats never a figure thats made public for some odd reason...

wonder how many season tickets have actually been "sold" in comparison.

jas :)

[quote user="All dots"]Nothing else to do in Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon, in Winter.[/quote]

Not far from the truth there!!!

We are a stupidly loyal lot here in Norfolk, but what other footballing options do we have? Unless you want to watch Ridgeons League, none. (Lynn is a long way from most).

I do think that it''s great that we have such numbers, but sometimes when there is rubbish on the field, it means that the club can''t be kicked into action due to support dwindling because, once you have paid for a season ticket, you are going to go whatever is on offer.

What incredible support we have at Norwich City Football Club.

Other clubs (even in the prem) must be looking at us thinking.............. how do we get supporters like that who back the club even when they are not doing well.

What is incredible is that it is a fantastic show of FAITH in GR and the board.

It can be described as nothing else but "faith" considering we don''t know who most of our team will be next year! we don''t know if the board will back GR in getting in the players he needs.

Its all based on "faith" that our club will do the right thing.

The supporters have done their part now its up to the management to commit to the supporters.

It is truely fantastic the level of support we recieve,

Although I do get fed up of watching some of our performances, I never once questioned myself about not renewing!

Just touching on a subject of how much money we must now be rolling in.. Never forget that although the number is staggering, how many of those are kids tickets?

For example say of 20,000 season ticket holders, there are 6,000 kids (30%) - Thats a difference of £1.8m straight away (based on under 16''s).  I''m all for the kids cheapo tickets, but it does mean the income is no where near what it could be if there seats were filled with adults full paying.  But they better become adults one day!!

20,000 Adults (£350pp) - £7m, 20,000 under 16''s (£50pp) - £1m, mix it up a bit and you get a good combo and a good income - £5.2m (Lets not forget the casuals too)

Never the less, Fantastic support continues, home & away, season tickets and memberships, can''t knock it!

OTBC!

[quote user="All dots"]Nothing else to do in Norfolk on a Saturday afternoon, in Winter.[/quote]

Well there''s Wabbit season................

[quote user="Scooby"]

Well there''s Wabbit season................

[/quote]

And drink.......................

Great support but we don''t have to compete with other clubs like London, North West etc. But still a great acclaim. The club also has to be congratulated, to get the ticket on interest free, 12 months direct debit is great for 99% of fans and not seen alot else wear.

Great amazing levels of support considering we have seriously underachieved since winning the Div1 title in 2004!

A big reason for the high sales is cause the season ticket are still very, very competitive, so cheap. My Barclay lower tier ST works out at under £13 a game if I go to every game. You can''t moan about that!

The only trouble is at the moment we need a bigger to enable everyone that wants to go can do so. We are in danger of floating support drifting of into other interests cause they can''t get into see the games. That upper tier for the City stand needs doing but unfortunately while we are in the championship it probably won''t happen!

Great amazing levels of support considering we have seriously underachieved since winning the Div1 title in 2004!

A big reason for the high sales is cause the season ticket are still very, very competitive, so cheap. My Barclay lower tier ST works out at under £13 a game if I go to every game. You can''t moan about that!

The only trouble is at the moment we need a bigger capacity to enable everyone that wants to go can do so. We are in danger of floating support drifting of into other interests cause they can''t get into see the games. That upper tier for the City stand needs doing but unfortunately while we are in the championship it probably won''t happen!

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Hope the board reward the fans loyalty, the fans have done their bit over to you Delia and co.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Ricky. This really is their last chance.

I doubt we will forgive another season of failure.

[/quote]

And my thoughts exactly, does that make us "nobby negatives" ? Or has the poster who came with such a banal juvenile slogan somehow got access to Mummy and Daddy''s computer? 

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................[/quote]

What a pathetic comment! What does that make you then? a Percy Positive? More like a Gullible Godfey?

Any other team playing football in this country which had the loyalty of 20000 season ticket holders would find itself in the Prem, we are playing a fantastic role in supporting our club which is consistently not being matched by those in the boardroom and posters such as yourself are obviously quite happy to accept that.

And yes I have renewed...

[quote user="USAcanary"]

What incredible support we have at Norwich City Football Club.

Other clubs (even in the prem) must be looking at us thinking.............. how do we get supporters like that who back the club even when they are not doing well.

What is incredible is that it is a fantastic show of FAITH in GR and the board.

It can be described as nothing else but "faith" considering we don''t know who most of our team will be next year! we don''t know if the board will back GR in getting in the players he needs.

Its all based on "faith" that our club will do the right thing.

The supporters have done their part now its up to the management to commit to the supporters.

[/quote]

I personally have no faith in the board, that along with trust has to be earned.

I have faith in GR and his team, I just hope the board show faith in GR and back him in the summer with hard cash.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" I have faith in GR"

Thank god the board had nothing to do with his appointment.
[/quote]

But they may have a contribution to him leaving the club....... 

" But they may have a contribution to him leaving the club....... "I thought your lot had him leaving on Wednesday some weeks back

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" I have faith in GR"

Thank god the board had nothing to do with his appointment.
[/quote]

But they may have a contribution to him leaving the club....... 

[/quote]I quite agree mello.....

I''m sure they''ll fire him one day !

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]What ever they give won''t be enough for most of you Nobby negatives.............................................[/quote]

Well said. The reason we''ve got such good numbers is probably as much to do with the money spent off the field as any extraordinary generic quirk in the Norfolk bloodline..... Carrow Road is a good day out..... and thats not due to the ''on pitch'' investment is it?
[/quote]

Maybe we are just getting back to the level of support we should expect, given historical crowds regularly over 20,000 and a catchment area of 1 million+ with no competition? The board do deserve credit for the ticketing/pricing structure though.

[/quote]

Mr Carrow please stop peddling this tosh which you must know is wrong.

E.g. number of years where average attendences were above 20k

noughties - 4 already!

nineties - big fat zero

eighties - big fat zero

seventies - only 6 and being in the first division was a novelty combined with tickets at a couple of quid!

Sixties -  only 3

Fifties - 6 but none of which were higher than the averages over the last couple of years.

So we are not heading back to some mythical age for attendences, this is the golden age!