Sign in to follow this  
norwichmagpie

What is it with Norwich and Notts County?

Right wing cross by Ali Gibb, header by Danny Crow and Notts County beat Chester City 1-0. Danny Crow''s partner up front is Ryan Jarvis, on loan until end of season. Jarvis hasn''t scored for Notts so far (been unlucky twice including one where goalie fumbled a good  header but onto the post instead of  into the net) but is ''working his socks off'' and Manager Ian McParland is really pleased with him and Danny Crow - on loan for 2 months from Peterborough and just back from injury - broken metatarsal.Other Notts links included Shaun Marshall - currently in goal for Dereham Town I think - and Matty Gill, now at Exeter - both grew up in Fakenham as did Adam Tann, Notts'' current  Captain and centre back.Just thought I''d say thanks: if we get to keep Jarvis and Crow most Notts fans would be delighted.

[quote user="norwichmagpie"] if we get to keep Jarvis and Crow most Notts fans would be delighted.
[/quote]

if you get to keep Jarvis most (actually ALL) norwich fans would be delighted

lol! He''s not that bad (is he?). He''s really trying hard and showed some skill. I thought some Norwich fans wanted to see him given a good run in the first team after his early debut and goal against Liverpool?

he really is that bad. i''d rather have only 10 men on the pitch than a team that involves jarvis. total and utter overrated gashness

Rob Ullathorne and Nigel Worthington also both played for Notts, does seem to be a lot of links between the two clubs.  Huck''s is a Nottingham lad, maybe thats where he''s off to next season [:P]

Think Jarvis could do a good job at that level, its just a case of getting his head right first, very much a confidence player. Might also take a while for him to adjust to the more physical nature of the game in league 2.

[quote user="norwichmagpie"]lol! He''s not that bad (is he?). He''s really trying hard and showed some skill. I thought some Norwich fans wanted to see him given a good run in the first team after his early debut and goal against Liverpool?
[/quote]

The problem is this was over 3 years ago and he has shown no sign of progressing. So 99% of Norwich fans have realised his time is up here and he is not good enough for us, and has probably found his level.

[quote user="norwichmagpie"]lol! He''s not that bad (is he?). He''s really trying hard and showed some skill. I thought some Norwich fans wanted to see him given a good run in the first team after his early debut and goal against Liverpool?
[/quote]

He started brightly and then failed to kick on and deliver consistently... in that respect, he''s the prototype for Chris Martin.  We have a lot of academy players who promise much and then don''t deliver - but I hope he delivers for your team, I''ve a soft spot for County and would like to see them back up there in the Championship.

Forgot Ullathorne and Worthington! Worthy was a well respected left back for Notts and did have a really good left foot. We''d have Hucks in any shape or form - thanks for the prediction!(Though he says he was a F...est fan!) Could be that Jarvis is on loan with a view to his moving on then, rather than toughening him up to return to Norwich?

Forgot Ullathorne and Worthington! Worthy was a well respected left back and had a good left foot.Hucks is welcome in any shape or form - thanks for the prediction! (Though he says he was a F...st fan!). Looks like Jarvis might be out on loan with a view to his moving on then rather that toughening him up for a return? Many thanks Mr Chops - will keep you posted on his progress if you like. We''d love to be back in the Championship but don''t have any money. (Supporters Trust run club). We''d actually like a Delia!

[quote user="norwichmagpie"]Forgot Ullathorne and Worthington! Worthy was a well respected left back for Notts and did have a really good left foot. We''d have Hucks in any shape or form - thanks for the prediction!(Though he says he was a F...est fan!) Could be that Jarvis is on loan with a view to his moving on then, rather than toughening him up to return to Norwich?
[/quote]

I think Roeder''s made it clear that Jarvis isn''t wanted - he kept Martin and let Jarvis go for a reason.  jarvis could be good but he lacks that indefinable something - it''s the X factor that separates the class striker from the journeyman, but he''s young and may still find it.

I''m more surprised Danny Crow''s with you at the moment, I thought he was doing well at Peterborough.

Yes, there is that something about Jarvis but given the effort he is putting in at the moment he might just find it! A goal,or two could make all the difference - he is a confidence player as catncfc said. He''s being coached by Ian McParland and Tommy Johnson at Notts and could well learn from them - both were strikers.Crow alongside no bad thing either. Crow was doing well at Peterborough but Ferguson taking over seemed to change things and he couldn''t get in the team. Notts asked to borrow him and it seems reluctantly P''Borough said yes. He did well for first hour for Notts but then got injured and has been out for 2 months. Came back on Saturday and scored a good goal. (Otherwise, Notts would be 2 points off the dreaded drop).(Sorry about the slow posts and repeated posts but having real problems with Broadband this pm).

[quote user="Beaker"]he really is that bad. i''d rather have only 10 men on the pitch than a team that involves jarvis. total and utter overrated gashness[/quote]OVERRATED, are you mad every one thinks hes crap, how do you judge a striker who dosnt get a chance to score even if hes playing?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="Beaker"]he really is that bad. i''d rather have only 10 men on the pitch than a team that involves jarvis. total and utter overrated gashness[/quote]
OVERRATED, are you mad every one thinks hes crap, how do you judge a striker who dosnt get a chance to score even if hes playing?
[/quote]

hes overrated because he calls himself a professional footballer

[quote user="Beaker"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="Beaker"]he really is that bad. i''d rather have only 10 men on the pitch than a team that involves jarvis. total and utter overrated gashness[/quote]OVERRATED, are you mad every one thinks hes crap, how do you judge a striker who dosnt get a chance to score even if hes playing?[/quote]

hes overrated because he calls himself a professional footballer

[/quote]I have to say Beaker - have been watching your posts for a while now, not greatly impressed.Jarvis showed potential and I don''t think it was his fault that we haven''t seen this develop. He was sent out on loan too late and was kept here and never given a real run in the team. Someone mentioned consistancy - was that not an issue some people raised about Croft when he wasn''t given a run? And look at him now - its his form that has given us the creativity we needed.I think Jarvis should move on for his own benefit. He has had managers that have messed him about and he needs to find somewhere he can launch his career from. I think he would be a good signing for Notts County and I can imagine him being snapped up by other teams if he has a good year or so at that level. Lets not forget that he has played at that level before and done well. I wish him all the best because he has never given anything but 100% for Norwich - just that the last couple of managers don''t seem to have given him 100% of a chance to progress and prove himself.Even Neil Adams stated this a couple of weeks ago.Beaker my friend - try not to be so contraversial for the sheer hell of it. At times it makes it look like there is a village short somewhere!

[quote user="chicken"] Beaker my friend - try not to be so contraversial for the sheer hell of it. At times it makes it look like there is a village short somewhere!
[/quote]

whats so contraversial about saying jarvis is s*** and should leave?