Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

New contracts for Doc and Fozzy!

Why give those two new contracts for???

Fozzy: Absolute rubbish cant pass a ball to save his life.  He stands there on the edge of the centre circle waiting for the ball and when he gets it he either plays a long high ball to the flank wich goes in the stands.  Or plays it on the floor to the flank and it goes straight to the opposition.  Or he tries to play a killer ball through which goes straight to the keeper.  He dosn''t do much else he''s just a bypasser for the rest of the game.

Doc: Dodgiest defender ever.  When a long ball comes to the player he''s marking he puts his arms round them like he''s giving them a hug and he does the same when he''s defending the corner and could easily give away a penalty.  He also cant pass a ball to save his life.  He either passess it to the central midfeild and puts them under pressure.  Or he gives Marshall a dodgey back pass.  And when he has no other pass on he boots it out to the left wing which goes in the stand or straight to the opposition.  He dosnt get in enough blocks or put his body on the line enough like Shackell does (although thats the only good thing Shackell does).  And another point he gives away to many free kicks in the opposition area, he goes up for a corner and climbs all over the defender, and when he dosn''t give a free kick away he heads it over the bar.

Why give these new contract when you could save a bit of money and buy a quality Centre back and a quality centre mid.  Roeder has to do some signings in the summer because we need a new centee back a centre mid and a left winger and a striker.  Come on delia get your money out!

well thanks for your opinion!I actually think both are OK, there are other areas we need to worry about, we have a thin squad as it is, why get rid of decent squad players?

I actually agree with the original post. Fozzy''s played well for us this season, but he''s the box-to-box midfielder who''s going to get us into the play-off''s and bag 10 goals a season.Doherty is our most improved player of late - but so was Andy Hughes last season...  improved, yes, but good enough to be in a team looking for promotion to the Premiership? No.By all means extend their contracts, but we should be looking at players like Fotheringham and Dogerty as sqaud players - not the backbone of our team.

one question boyo, (that you probaly wont answer) but have you watched them recently? or are you basing your opionion on there first game?

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]You will get flamed for this now.[/quote]

That''s because it''s a very negative view of two decent players.

Fozzy - could go forward more but has energy and drive, and leads the team well on the pitch.  Compare our records with him in and out of the side and you''ll see that stats don''t lie.

Doc - solid in the air.  Prone to the odd abberation, but a decent Championship defender who gives it his all.  I was amazed he was MoM against Hull, thought it was a poor second half, but he was a rock in the first half.  Plus no game''s complete without the Doherty 50 yard cross field pass (he landed two against Hull, both to Croft, which were peachy.)

Fozzy has been excellent and inspired our revival. Taken on the mantle of captain very well, and hopefully will stay a few years.

Doc is a defender who gives everything, every game. This really galls me, Yeah Doc has never been the sort of player Hucks WAS, but he tries a damn sight harder than Hucks has for the past two years, His performances for me are better than Huckerbys have been this year certainly, yet he is just abused by the very fans who hold lazy, past-it Hucks up as a messiah. 

Doc is a rock at the back, and yeah he screws up, and he frustrates the hell out of me when he wrestles players to the floor and gives away stupid fouls, BUT the amount of times he throws himself at the ball, to stop a goal, The amount of times he will get the blocks purely because he cares so much, as opposed to Jesus Huckerby who can''t even be bothered to header a ball in case he messes his hair up.

The Doc has also been a model pro, not spouting his mouth off all the time etc. Maybe, he will be given a new contract because he has bloody well earnt one. If other players did the same instead of just going on about leaving and how crap the players in the team are, then maybe they would deserve one too.

[quote]

Why give those two new contracts for???

Fozzy: Absolute rubbish cant pass a ball to save his life.  He stands there on the edge of the centre circle waiting for the ball and when he gets it he either plays a long high ball to the flank wich goes in the stands.  Or plays it on the floor to the flank and it goes straight to the opposition.  Or he tries to play a killer ball through which goes straight to the keeper.  He dosn''t do much else he''s just a bypasser for the rest of the game.

Doc: Dodgiest defender ever.  When a long ball comes to the player he''s marking he puts his arms round them like he''s giving them a hug and he does the same when he''s defending the corner and could easily give away a penalty.  He also cant pass a ball to save his life.  He either passess it to the central midfeild and puts them under pressure.  Or he gives Marshall a dodgey back pass.  And when he has no other pass on he boots it out to the left wing which goes in the stand or straight to the opposition.  He dosnt get in enough blocks or put his body on the line enough like Shackell does (although thats the only good thing Shackell does).  And another point he gives away to many free kicks in the opposition area, he goes up for a corner and climbs all over the defender, and when he dosn''t give a free kick away he heads it over the bar.

Why give these new contract when you could save a bit of money and buy a quality Centre back and a quality centre mid.  Roeder has to do some signings in the summer because we need a new centee back a centre mid and a left winger and a striker.  Come on delia get your money out!

[/quote]You are joking?  Release for free two good performers from a team that went 13 games unbeaten.We lose 6 loan players by the end of the season plus Dubs and likely Hux.  That''s 8 players to replace already plus another two you would not give new contracts to.  Have we suddenly been bought a billionaire and I have missed it? We have enough work to do in the summer without releasing the likes of Fozzy and the Doc.

simple answer as to why they are getting contracts.. is because they have been our best players for the past month and have earned them.. infact (last home game apart) i cant remember the last shocker Doc had before that....

jas :)

[quote user="rich2408"]think docs should take up wrestling or climbing as thats what he does most the game[/quote]oh my side are splitting...............................

for the person that said I wont answer his question heres your answer I have watched them recently and if you have watched them recently you would agree.  You watch on saturday all of Fozzy''s passess will go astray and Doherty will be climbing all over people.  And if you have been watching them that should just prove my point.

[quote user="Boyo"]for the person that said I wont answer his question heres your answer I have watched them recently and if you have watched them recently you would agree.  You watch on saturday all of Fozzy''s passess will go astray and Doherty will be climbing all over people.  And if you have been watching them that should just prove my point.[/quote]Well I did watch them on Saturday and you were wrong on both counts.

They are both average championship players and nothing more, Fotheringham has bags of passion and enthusiasm but nobody can argue with the fact that he seems to give the ball away far to often, worth a place in the team because we don''t have anyone better rather than because he''s particularly good. Doc is a fairly solid defender most of the time but gives away to many fouls and the next mistake is never very far away, lacks pace in a big way. Not convinced that either are good enough to take us where we really ought to be but because of the customary shortage of cash we probably couldn''t afford anyone better so we are stuck with them.

I haven''t being going to away games, but often those two are two of the best on the pitch, most of are players passes go astray, and Dublin does the same sometimes, its not just on the ball but off the ball, Fozzy makes him self an option, he reads the game, and even if on the odd occasion he makes a bad pass he will go chasing, so be careful what you say because I''m getting very annoyed at people saying Fozzy and Doc are crap

[quote user="kdncfc"]They are both average championship players and nothing more, Fotheringham has bags of passion and enthusiasm but nobody can argue with the fact that he seems to give the ball away far to often, worth a place in the team because we don''t have anyone better rather than because he''s particularly good. Doc is a fairly solid defender most of the time but gives away to many fouls and the next mistake is never very far away, lacks pace in a big way. Not convinced that either are good enough to take us where we really ought to be but because of the customary shortage of cash we probably couldn''t afford anyone better so we are stuck with them.[/quote]

You say the Doc "lacks pace in a big way" but I was just wondering, how often do you see the Doc done for pace? Is he done for pace more than any of the other centrebacks in this league?

I think with the Doc if anything it''s more that he''s slow on the turn but I don''t actually think the guy is as slow to cover the turf as you and others might think.

Anyways...overall I still think that a confident Gary Doherty who isn''t being picked on by the fans is the best defender at the club and I struggle to think of many better central defenders in the Championship.

[quote user="GJP"]

You say the Doc "lacks pace in a big way" but I was just wondering, how often do you see the Doc done for pace? Is he done for pace more than any of the other centrebacks in this league?

I think with the Doc if anything it''s more that he''s slow on the turn but I don''t actually think the guy is as slow to cover the turf as you and others might think.

Anyways...overall I still think that a confident Gary Doherty who isn''t being picked on by the fans is the best defender at the club and I struggle to think of many better central defenders in the Championship.

[/quote]

This amazes me too! The Doc is rarely done for pace but he looks ungainly and cumbersome, especially on the turn. Some fans seem to see what they want to see. Why are there never examples of when this lack of pace took place?

You are not alone in how highly you rate Doherty, if he signs for Roeder then it will be the third Norwich manager to choose him. Are they all wrong?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And he''s going to get a new contract?

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1243764,00.html

Nurse![:''(]

[/quote]

This is an insight into your world Wiz [8-|][co][:''(]

Obviously if you only see goal highlights then when we lose 4-0 the defenders and goalkeepers are sh*t. When we win 1-0 I suppose they don''t even play.[*-)] When we don''t score you''re not impressed by Ched Evans and think he''s nothing special [:''(] but when he scores a wonder goal you love him.[*]

We only conceded 8 goals in the previous 13 games but I never saw you comment on that. Did you read Roeders comments about men and babies on the front page? Looks like it''s "wet wipes for Wiz" [:''(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And he''s going to get a new contract?

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/championshipvideo/0,,12555~1243764,00.html

Nurse![:''(]

[/quote]Oh yes, it''s all doc''s fault. You judge that on 3 mins of highlights from a game you weren''t at? In which the team conceeded 4 goals? What a lazy, lazy conclusion. Wiz, you trouble me, are you really as stupid as you make out on here? Surely it''s not possible.

Two of the most improved players since October for me. Knuckled down and put in some decent performances, defence has been pretty miserly recently other than Sat and while its not down to those two alone, they are big parts in it. Contrast their improvement with Huckerby''s decline and you see who has got the mental strength for the fight ahead. there is already enough rebuidling to do in the summer without getting rid of two solid performers.