Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Why don't you all shut up?

Ok, i''ve been away for a week, you know bit of sun and snow in austria, and amusing confrontation with a binner and a hull fan as well as the pleasure of rubbing a certain 2-1 in the face of a bluebird fan. but being away from the UK i''ve had to rely on various snatches of news on how we''ve been getting on. Cardiff, what a result! what an amazing result! Now i wasn''t on here after that, i was taking pictures of the Allianz arena as we went past it at that time but i''m willing to bet that everyone was talking of promotion, being unbeatable, Roeder is God and everyones running out to buy Delias new book? yes?

Hull... 1-1 fair enough, reasonable result and i can''t guess what the mood was like as it would depend on performance but i assume it was either jubilation and outrage at how unlucky we were, or the attitude of "oh well, we got a point and we will be ready for the next one"

Now leicester, yes we lost, got battered it was always going to happen at some point and all of a sudden we are relegation fodder again, we''re going to be battered by Barnsley and whoever comes after that and be straight back down in the bottom three. Roeders going to Leicester now as well, and Clark will be newcastle manager when keegan gets fired next week.

Now before i left for the alps we were 8 points away from relegation and 7 from playoffs. now we are ten from relegation and 9 from play offs. considering if we did fluke promotion this season we would get mauled in the prem derby style so to be ten from relegation zone is far better than 3pm kick off against Cardiff.

So... i''d just like to say Shut the hell up to all you morons who are starting to think we are on a knife edge again and staring down the cannon, open your eyes a bit promotion this season would be moronis, survive, rebuild and then attack next season.

~Polar

btw... slight exagerations may have been used.

Agreed 100%

Sadly this board is riddled by one game memory syndrome. All it lead''s to is the discussion of false claims, a waste of time for everybody. I think this board needs a rating system, where good posts can be rated highly by fellow posters and bad posts can be rated lowly by fellow posters. If you consistently make terrible posts you should get banned.Would give us all a break from 1st "hurricane opinions" Wiz anyway!

Most of the teams below us have game in hand (Sheff Wed have 2 games in hand), so effectively we are 7 points off of relegation.  If we lose at the weekend (bearing in mind we average less than a goal a game, this is pretty likely) the gap is back down to four points.  Whilst it reflects our incredibly poor start to the season, it also highlights how much of Roeders achivements so far have been purely cosmetic.

The team are being criticised quite rightly for the manner of their defeat to Leicester, not the fact that they lost.  I think most of us are sick and tired of City performances that lack passion, commitment, pride and any attempt to compete.

The fans deserve better, and more importantly, so does the club.

Why don''t we all stop going to attend matches and let just you go. What right have you got to tell us to shut up whilst you were so concerned about your team - on holiday - some of us were travelling to Cardiff to watch a good win, then again to watch the team against Hull a very average performance, then an appalling performance against Leicester where even the manager let us down.

Those that pay their money are entitled to their opinion and long may it be should it not sit comfortably with you tough.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Why don''t we all stop going to attend matches and let just you go. What right have you got to tell us to shut up whilst you were so concerned about your team - on holiday - some of us were travelling to Cardiff to watch a good win, then again to watch the team against Hull a very average performance, then an appalling performance against Leicester where even the manager let us down.

Those that pay their money are entitled to their opinion and long may it be should it not sit comfortably with you tough.

[/quote]

well excuse me for taking a break for a week. What right do i have? to be honest none at all, but that won''t stop me. some of you are acting like children because we''ve had one bad result. 13 games unbeaten, 6 or 7 goals conceded since the beginning of december speaks volumes to me. well done you though going away to the games and watching three varying performances, gold star and 50p for you.

Someone mentioned gutless passionless performances, hello? did you not see any of the 13 unbeaten? seriously, just because we''ve lost a game doesn''t mean the worlds about to end, we will lose hundred of games in the future and win hundreds more, if you and others are going to throw a paddy because ''we paid good money to see that game, we''re entitled to moan''  need to wake up and get over it, you win some and lose some if it bother you so much don''t bother going and then you have no reason to moan.

someone else mentioned Man utd, i advise you Mr holmes/ridgeman go an support said team, perhaps chelsea or Arsenal as its closer to Baker street, perchance you will be more satisfied with what you get for your money... until you get a four nil thrashing.

" If we lose at the weekend (bearing in mind we average less than a goal

a game, this is pretty likely) the gap is back down to four points. "ABSOLUTE NONSENSE !We do not get points deducted for not winning.Nor is it taken as read that ALL the clubs at the bottom will win.The problem with this board is not those with a ''one game memory'' but the numerous closet binners who routinely pop up on here under various aliases.

personally I think Roeders done a good job...

I''d take mid table.. where we are now.. and would consider that as a good finish, all things considered.

I know im not alone with this view point

jas :)

[quote user="Polar"]

So... i''d just like to say Shut the hell up to all you morons who are starting to think we are on a knife edge again and staring down the cannon, open your eyes a bit promotion this season would be moronis, survive, rebuild and then attack next season.

~Polar

[/quote]

Err? in a polite way.............shut up yourself Polar................this is a message board........hello?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Polar"]

~Polar

[/quote]

Err? in a polite way.............shut up yourself Polar................this is a message board........hello?.

[/quote]Hello? i''m not the only one whose tried to put a point across, if lacking some manners is what it takes to hit some sense home then so be it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

personally I think Roeders done a good job...

I''d take mid table.. where we are now.. and would consider that as a good finish, all things considered.

I know im not alone with this view point

jas :)

[/quote]Course your not Jas. But how well are we going to play to acheieve that goal. The same dire quality of football we played under grant last season? Or under Worthy the season before? That is the question my friend.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Here here!!!  And just to add to that, bugger off and support Manchester United if you can''t take the rough with the smooth.[/quote]i sat in squares pre-match a while back, watching arsenal lunchtime kick-off - the gooners scored and a huge cheer went up!!! no red shirts in sight, just city ones - guess alot of city fans also have a loyalty to more ''glamourous'' prem clubs???how many other city fans on here, also have a fave 2nd prem team??? and why???

I think the problem with this board is the numpties who started to bang on about play offs and promotion and conventiently forgot the poor start to the season we had. I am not suggesting for one minute we will go down and I think that GR has done a fantastic job, we just need to be realistic about how sustainable our run was going to be. GR has done the first part of he job he was hired for (make us safe), next season is about us kicking on from the great second half of this season.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

how many other city fans on here, also have a fave 2nd prem team??? and why???

[/quote]

Whoever is playing against Manchester United, because they are playing against Manchester United. Actually, while we''re on the subject of Man U, one of the things that I hate about their "fans" is...well, let me put the following conversation which I have had many times lately in social and work conversations.

Me: Do you like football?

Them: Yeah, I love football.

Me: Who do you support?

Them: United.

Me: Ohh, you must be hating it down in the 3rd tier of English football at the moment?

Them: What do you mean?

Me: You said you supported United? Leeds United right?

My point is, why are Man U fans so arrogant that they call themselves just "United", when in League football there are at least half-a-dozen teams from Leeds to Hereford that go by the United suffix.

I just hate them. I really do.

I was a numpty who dared to dream SOB a bit like your Mum. But then again she couldn''t go on razing roman towns forever could she, there had to be a bad result in the end?

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="ridgeman"]

[/quote]

well excuse me for taking a break for a week. What right do i have? to be honest none at all, but that won''t stop me. some of you are acting like children because we''ve had one bad result. 13 games unbeaten, 6 or 7 goals conceded since the beginning of december speaks volumes to me. well done you though going away to the games and watching three varying performances, gold star and 50p for you.

Someone mentioned gutless passionless performances, hello? did you not see any of the 13 unbeaten? seriously, just because we''ve lost a game doesn''t mean the worlds about to end, we will lose hundred of games in the future and win hundreds more, if you and others are going to throw a paddy because ''we paid good money to see that game, we''re entitled to moan''  need to wake up and get over it, you win some and lose some if it bother you so much don''t bother going and then you have no reason to moan.

someone else mentioned Man utd, i advise you Mr holmes/ridgeman go an support said team, perhaps chelsea or Arsenal as its closer to Baker street, perchance you will be more satisfied with what you get for your money... until you get a four nil thrashing.

[/quote]

Well if they went ans supported Arsenal they will all be moaning as they forgot to turn up on Saturday and lost 4-0 as well...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I was a numpty who dared to dream SOB a bit like your Mum. But then again she couldn''t go on razing roman towns forever could she, there had to be a bad result in the end?[/quote]an awesome analogy

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Those that pay their money are entitled to their opinion

[/quote]Opinions are supposed to be considered..... blow with the wind somewhere else.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Most of the teams below us have game in hand (Sheff Wed have 2 games in hand), so effectively we are 7 points off of relegation.  If we lose at the weekend (bearing in mind we average less than a goal a game, this is pretty likely) the gap is back down to four points.  Whilst it reflects our incredibly poor start to the season, it also highlights how much of Roeders achivements so far have been purely cosmetic.

[/quote]

We have 13 games left Sherlock. I have no idea how many points we need to be safe but historically 50 points is a landmark clubs try to reach as soon as possible. We did indeed have an incredibly poor start to the season, in fact we only managed to gather 8 points from our first 13 games. Surely even the most pessimistic of posters don''t see us returning to the form we were in under Grant but if we do we would still finish the season on 50 points. But even if these pessimistic people can see us going back to that early season form other sides would still have to overtake us. While we have collected 24 points from our last 13 games - Scunthorpe and Sheffield Wednesday have collected 9 each, Coventry 11, and Southampton and Colchester 12. From all this I deduce that we will indeed  finish in mid-table and claims of a relegation battle are as far fetched as a play off challenge if not more so.