Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Juan Velasco signs....

A pretty shrewd signing this, Glen''s had a good long look at the guy, and likes him, that he''s not a loanee is a plus too.

I confess I know nothing about him, but I do like Spanish players in general...........loads of passion and can pass the ball well.

Welcome Juan, nice to have you on board mate.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

A pretty shrewd signing this, Glen''s had a good long look at the guy, and likes him, that he''s not a loanee is a plus too.

I confess I know nothing about him, but I do like Spanish players in general...........loads of passion and can pass the ball well.

Welcome Juan, nice to have you on board mate.[:D]

[/quote]

Nice and positive from you for a change Wiz! [:P]

Seems like a no-brainer this one. Now that we are (hopefully!) out of the relegation scrap, it does no harm at all to have a look at this guy and see if he''s good enough. He certainly has a good pedigree so hopefully he''ll adapt to the more rough-and-tumble Championship without too much difficulty. Well done again Glenn.

[quote user="canaryjock"]

Nice and positive from you for a change Wiz! [:P]

[/quote ]

Oh, I can do ''positive'' when I''m feeling under the weather CJ.[;)]

Although when we signed him I said ''''who'''' it can only be a bonus adding to our squad.  Have since read a fair bit about him and he looks a tidy prospect, but as ever we shall see.

I wish him luck at NCFC, and look forward to seeing him play in the ''''yella n green'''' [:)]

[quote user="CityBorn"]can any explain what a ''''bosman-type deal'''' is, i personally have not heard of it before  :([/quote]

you''ve not heard of the Bosman ruling before???!!!??? where have u been for the past 15 years?

and Bly, Muzinic never played in one of th best leagues in the world did he? Velasco has...

jas :)

[quote user="CityBorn"]can any explain what a ''''bosman-type deal'''' is, i personally have not heard of it before  :([/quote]

This MUST be a wind-up!

Did you hear we won the war? [:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

*juan Velasco, juan Velasco Lalalalalalalaaa OLE!*

sounds a decent player with a good pedigree! former international and nearly 300 games in one of the best leagues in the world...

He''ll P**s this league!

jas :)

[/quote]

Drazen Muzinic had a good pedigree! Captain of Yugoslavia etc.

Let''s wait and see.

OTBC

[/quote]

and Thomas Helveg ...

CityBorn - Just in case you were serious and haven''t heard the term for whatever reason - The Bosman ruling basically means a free transfer when the player is out of contract. It was Jean-Marc (?) Bosman who pioneered the idea of player power, and it just effectively means that the last club to hold the player''s licence, are not eligible for a fee for it when the player''s contract finishes... So players can move around freely when they are out of contract.... hope that helps :)

[quote user="Salahuddin"]A good move, short term deal. if he does ok he can win an extension. Sensible option.[/quote]

Now Juan Velasco , translated , One Velasco , or troublesome vein to me , [;)] arrdee.

That geezer from Sky sports Spanish show rates him, he will either be a complete waste of space, Brellier. Or he will have a blinder and stay next season.

He has played for some top Spanish clubs, but it does make me wonder why he has not found another top club? Attitude? Wages? Don''t know, but, like all signings we make, I''m excited and will provide decent cover/competition for Semmy.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]

That geezer from Sky sports Spanish show rates him, he will either be a complete waste of space, Brellier. Or he will have a blinder and stay next season.

He has played for some top Spanish clubs, but it does make me wonder why he has not found another top club? Attitude? Wages? Don''t know, but, like all signings we make, I''m excited and will provide decent cover/competition for Semmy.

[/quote]

That could be the problem that and possible fitness concerns if he hasn''t played for almost a year. Will be able to adjust from the likes of Sevilla and Espanyol to an aerial bombardment on a cold foggy night in Watford with the game played at 100 mph.

He does sound a class act though but strange he hasn''t found a club.......